Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 98. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
Welp, if I really can, I am hoping to have a decent retirement in 10-20 years with what I make trading, odd altcoin trading, mining and faucets and

signature campaigns over the years. I have already broke the 20 dollar plus barrier with all of this involved. Mind you, I bought a btc debit card for

some things.

That's nice, but it isn't enough to live upon...
$20 is just a start and you will need at least $20000 to live 10 years if you cut all your expenses, live a very simple life and use only $2k a year...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Welp, if I really can, I am hoping to have a decent retirement in 10-20 years with what I make trading, odd altcoin trading, mining and faucets and

signature campaigns over the years. I have already broke the 20 dollar plus barrier with all of this involved. Mind you, I bought a btc debit card for

some things.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/042415/what-average-annual-return-sp-500.asp Why not invest it? If you save up a million dollars in the next 20 years you could pretty much live off the interest your invesments make. The S&P 500 has a annual return of 7% after adjusting for inflation. Even if as the article states this is a optimistic value and you only get 5% living off the interest of you're investment alone will net you $50,000 a year to live off of.

You could also include gold, bitcoin, and other things in your investment portfolio as well, but I wouldn't rely on bitcoin. At least not unless you have some way to invest your bitcoin.
Activity: 952
it depends on where you live as life standard is not the same everywhere.
for me, as I live in a third world country, I think 5 bitcoins will be good if the price reached 10K $
\

Yes it totally depends on your lifestyle and your standard of living and the country you are living in, I believe that 50 btc would be more then enough to have a good and luxurious life as we are not aware what would be the value of bitcoins in the future but holding 50 btc would be an descent amount to hold.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
it depends on where you live as life standard is not the same everywhere.
for me, as I live in a third world country, I think 5 bitcoins will be good if the price reached 10K $
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma
If your goal is to have 1 Million for retirement make sure to calculate back with a value of approx. 2500 dollar.
It's a value based by pure speculation and seeing the potential of bitcoin come to action.
Activity: 448
I expect the price to be around 3k in 20 years, so if you can have a good pension with 300k. You should hold 1000 and sell a few coins every year.
But converting it to fiat would be better since you can earn on interest.

That's a nice calculation. Getting the price to 3k will be a hard task, however we all now the potential of bitcoin.
For me 1000 BTC is a very long term goal though.
Activity: 406
I expect the price to be around 3k in 20 years, so if you can have a good pension with 300k. You should hold 1000 and sell a few coins every year.
But converting it to fiat would be better since you can earn on interest.
Activity: 616
Don't go for just bitcoin for your retirement, if you want to have a stress-less retirement, invest 50% on bitcoin.
The rest could be used for real estate/stock etc.
Activity: 546
Bitcoin can be either big or nothing in the next 20 years so I don't think it is safe to depend your retirement with bitcoin. Anyways to answer the question, I think you'll be needing thousands of bitcoins to secure your good future. That will be enough I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
wow it very much, but I think you need more than a mate, if I were you I need a 10,000 BTC at a price of $ 1,000 / 1 BTC, I think at that time I was also able to help others  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
20 btc is enough and when it reaches 1000$ per btc im sure your in to a happy long life
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think 3,000 BTC would be enough according to today's price in USA, Europe etc... but you can never guess how BTC price move.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
the more the better  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
A pension of 300k is more then enough. Even if you live in a rich first world country.
So getting more and more bitcoins is my goal. In my calculation i try to hold around 300 bitcoins.

this mean that you have $120k ready to be invested, because there is no way to earn big amount of bitcoin anymore, besides buying them directly

but not many people can afford such amount, only those with good wealth, but now my question is, why they should if they have a good wealth already?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Having 500.000 USD worth of bitcoins is a perfect amount to enter retirement.
I hope i would get to half of that to be honest.

I think that is right but the main question is will it be enough after 20 years, I mean we don't know where bitcoins will stand in next 20 years either it would reach the moon or simply disappear, the fact is that even if you have 10 btc that would be enough if the value of bitcoins would be in millions after 20 years, so it is just an unknown answer to us that what would be the future of bitcoins after 20 years.

well said
difference is where you from somewhere even 100$ you are a rich man, but yet again with 1000000$ you wont be able to retire, again we dont know what will happen in 20 year
will paper money be out for good, and will gold and btc be main paying option
Activity: 476
A pension of 300k is more then enough. Even if you live in a rich first world country.
So getting more and more bitcoins is my goal. In my calculation i try to hold around 300 bitcoins.
Activity: 631

I think that is right but the main question is will it be enough after 20 years, I mean we don't know where bitcoins will stand in next 20 years either it would reach the moon or simply disappear, the fact is that even if you have 10 btc that would be enough if the value of bitcoins would be in millions after 20 years, so it is just an unknown answer to us that what would be the future of bitcoins after 20 years.
Activity: 672
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
I say 50 bitcoins will get you by retirement after huge price increases.

Say bitcoin price raises to 10,000 each

You will have $500,000

You can retire with that much money if you live frugally, and have no fixed expenses.

You can't retire with 500k, no way, no how

LMAO, what???
Did you just say one can't retire sitting on $500k???
Do you even know how much BTC can you buy with $500k at current rates???
And even if your monthly expense is $1k, which means yearly expense goes to $12k, then you still have 42 years roughly which you can easily live doing nothing...

Lol with 500k in fiat means you could almost retire now. Since it would give you 15k per year (based on a 3% interest percentage)
Just take a part time job for extra expenses
Pages:
Jump to: