Pages:
Author

Topic: How many times we will make the same mistake? - History repeats Again & Again! - page 4. (Read 1306 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 291
~Snip

Bitcoin has been giving such profits for about 12 to 13 years, I don't think anything else in the world can give so much ROI in such a short period of time. But where is the problem with our trust in Bitcoin?

Now you may say yes 10 years ago there was an opportunity to invest in Bitcoin. I know you missed that opportunity even I missed it but everyone knows that Bitcoin price will reach 100k or 150k. Even JP Morgan, who is strongly opposed to Bitcoin, says that the price of Bitcoin will increase.
So those who missed the previous rally should not try to catch the current rally? Will we make the same mistake again and again?

~Snip
Yes, it's a shame that I personally missed this extraordinary opportunity. But more precisely, I didn't miss it, but because I didn't know about it. Because in that year(2009-2014), as I remember, I didn't know about Bitcoin. So if you say regret, maybe what I regret more is that I didn't know anything about Bitcoin that year. Maybe if I had known about Bitcoin that year, maybe I would have invested a few percent of the money I had there (bitcoin). Because I personally like to try new things.
But even so, time still cannot be turned back. So I won't worry too much about my regrets. Because the most important thing is that now I have Bitcoin.
Because if I own bitcoin now, at least in the future I won't regret it as much as I did. Because if you think about it deeply, bitcoin is indeed an extraordinary asset. The reason is, the profits that can be obtained within 10 years look very large.

Maybe the reason why Bitcoin can become a big asset like it is now, maybe because today's times are very supportive of Bitcoin. What I mean here is about technology. Because bitcoin was born in 2009, that year the era will begin to shift towards advanced technology such as smartphones. So basically bitcoin was born along with technological developments. Therefore, as technology advances, Bitcoin also advances.

And about the lack of public trust in Bitcoin. Personally, I don't think this means that these people don't believe in Bitcoin. However, there are several factors that hinder these people. Examples

• Such ignorance as I was before
  • Not having adequate technology (such as a cell phone)
  • Or also because they think Bitcoin can get to this point just by chance.

So with that said, not many people still trust Bitcoin.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
People sometimes are hard headed and even if the chance is in their walkdoor yet they deny that and chooses what not make them lowering their Pride so look at them now?

if this is 10 years back indeed that people chooses real estate and Gold but if we are to be asked now? I'm sure only fool will do the same answer specially if we are talking about people that knows Bitcoin or at least crypto currencies.
You can't blame them, their instinct is preservation and sometimes those preservation instinct leads to panic when it comes to the price of bitcoin suddenly dumping, sometimes you need to be a little crazy to be investing in bitcoin because you're going to need that steel will to be able to wait out the bad times for the market. I don't really blame them going for the safer choice, it's their money after all and the best thing that we can probably do in this scenario is to just let them be and then regret their actions later on.
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
For me personally, the past is a valuable lesson and I don't think anyone knows that the price of Bitcoin is this high and maybe only a small part of it and that's because they have a strong belief in Bitcoin in the long term.
Either you have strong belief in Bitcoin future in long term or just want to invest in one cycle, you should take profit with each bull run. Some ideas to take profit with a bull run and with your long term investment.

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
For me personally, the past is a valuable lesson and I don't think anyone knows that the price of Bitcoin is this high and maybe only a small part of it and that's because they have a strong belief in Bitcoin in the long term. And just like those who did it in a decade and sold it when they felt Bitcoin was at its highest price and sold it when some ATH happened, I think it doesn't matter as long as it is profitable. And I'm sure they will also feel regret when the price of Bitcoin continues to rise from new high to new high. But it will be a lesson for them that Bitcoin will be much more profitable in the long run, at least more than 5 until we feel that the price is the best.
And after Bitcoin prices hit a high of around $66,900 in April 2021, I consider the middle of 2021 to be off to a good start. And I believe history will repeat itself and the price will even be much more expensive than its highest price in the future or in the long term, and continuing to buy gradually is the best choice.

I don't really care about other investments like real estate, gold or others. Because Bitcoin in my opinion is much better than any investment.
Activity: 196
Merit: 201
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
But if the majority is the basis, of course, because I have knowledge and ideas about Bitcoin, I will choose to invest in or prioritize Bitcoin over real estate and gold. Because at this time we are in an uptrend where the chances are faster that the price value of Bitcoin will rise.

Gold is moving very slow, the investors that invented into gold of recent can't weigh up their profits to the profits that investing in Bitcoin has given to its own investors. Gold is an old way of investing and it isn't for the new investors as the investors are looking for what will be exciting to invest into. Good isn't volatile and it's upwards movement is slow therefore it's only good in securing your profits and not investing for big returns. Real estate and Bitcoin is the only two things that I can invest into and I'll prioritize Bitcoin too because with Bitcoin I can be guaranteed that I'll make profits even when I don't make profits immediately. Bitcoin will reach a new all time high after the halving. Real estate too will always be in business as people will need houses therefore it's also a good option.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
People sometimes are hard headed and even if the chance is in their walkdoor yet they deny that and chooses what not make them lowering their Pride so look at them now?

if this is 10 years back indeed that people chooses real estate and Gold but if we are to be asked now? I'm sure only fool will do the same answer specially if we are talking about people that knows Bitcoin or at least crypto currencies.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I think a reasonable approach to investing in Bitcoin lets say 1000 USD is :

The worst what can happen is that you lose the 1000 USD.

The best what can happen is that you make possibly 350 x profit = 350 000 USD

So maybe worth the risk to invest in Bitcoin...
Smiley
Naah, it's not like that, Bitcoin still has super potential but the 350 figure on the current market valuation is not likely possible and it might not be possible even in the coming years as well. Having such expectations ahh is not likely a wise action.

TBH, on the current level where the market is already mature to the $T market capital with the growth in the coming timeline and more maturity it will stabilize the fundamentals and volatility, it was reported many times that with more and more distribution of coins among the community it will make bitcoin more reliable and less volatile, because now the power is getting diversified so the centralized actions which were causing a volatility in market will come to an elimination now except for the Black Swan events and community fuds.

Of course one of bitcoin's advantages had been that it was a very new asset class and therefore a paradigm shifting technology, and so it is likely a bit unfair to measure bitcoin's performance to the other asset classes, especially starting bitcoin at less than a dollar or even if we might agree to start bitcoin at $5 in the beginning of 2012, that also might be a bit unfair, but at least we are starting from a positive value and bitcoin was still finding value and market price.  So yeah, if we start from $5 then bitcoin has 10,000x returns from the beginning of 2012.

But OP mentioned 10 years, but bitcoin was in a bit of a bouncing around period 10 years ago, so it is not really very fair to measure from the bounding around areas... If we use the 2013 top then we get less than 40x, and if we use $1k as our starting off point, then we get 50x.. but then maybe if we consider BTC's correction period between $160 and $300 for most of 2015, and then that would be a lot of time spent around $250, so then that would end up being around a 200x price appreciation over 8.5 years.. which seems a much more fair starting point for bitcoin. but  it still does not quite capture 10 years... and then when I go back and look at OPs numbers, he is picking the lowest correction point in 2014  and maybe that correction point of $160-ish was in January 2015.. . seems like he is just making shit up rather than attempting to be representative of more likely scenarios.. because no body bought bitcoin at the bottom.. it was a flash anyhow...so it would have been impossible to buy very much bitcoin at the exact peak of the bottom.

Even though bitcoin's upside potential has been dampened quite a bit from its beginning years, it is way from being a mature asset class, so bitcoin still likely has around 20,000x to increase in value, even though it could take 50 to 200 years to reach its fair value.

So how to go forward? Each of us has to decide, and yeah there are quite a few early adopters and even financial institutions and rich folks who starting to try to front load the investment and to front run the normies, while at the same time many of the longer term bitcoiners have already front run the BIGGER players.. and there probably is still a bit of time to continue to front run some of them, even though the news about bitcoin is getting spread more and more... but at the same time, everyone continues to both erroneously believe that they are too late and also to erroneously believe that bitcoin is a mature asset class... which it is far from mature.. but whatever, you don't have to believe me, you can either fail to invest in it or you can sell too much too soon because you misunderstand what bitcoin is and its ongoing upward potential.

Yes, even today we can project large returns with bitcoin, but it is somewhat a bad habit of the community to aim for a large multiplier.  (hey, I love them too)

A gain of +5% is a good return, but the point is that new bitcoin "investors" want wealth, and they forget about adoption, hey!, board bitcoin discussion here, Right?, If you enter with the idea of adoption you will have no problems with a 5% profit.

Look at bitcoin's 200-WMA, and the lowest it has ever been is 20% per year... so yeah that is going to become less and less with the passage of time, but there is no real sign that bitcoin is diminishing as an asset class, and the 200-WMA is on track to finish this next six month anywhere between 32% and 44% annualized (measuring from the end of November 2023 to the end of May).. you can see on my entry-level fuck you status chart..

Bitcoin was still on its infancy during that time and this comparison would certainly be in favor of Bitcoin. The traditional assets don't move like that as they're more established and there won't be that much fluctuation anymore except with the real estate. Going on with today's price of Bitcoin and going back to its after a decade, we may have a lesser gain but I think that Bitcoin is still going to be the winner by that time.

As time goes by for Bitcoin, the increase is decreasing and if you've noticed that. From all of the ATHs, you can count how many times it had grown from the former ATH that it has got. So, those that have got in too early like under 2014 were the luckiest but I don't think that many of them are still holding when you have made like 10x-20x, you'd probably sell and that's the main point why many have sold a lot in the past. But as about doing the same mistake again, I wouldn't make the same mistake as I did in the last bull run that even before it, I've sold terribly.

We can't judge people who sold early because we have our own needs. Lucky for you if you have other means to sustain your living. But if you are relying from the profits that you can make out of this market, the likelihood that you will sell of is always there. So it is not about your belief on this market but sometimes it is your financial capability to hold your assets.
Yeah, I am not judging them but I have my shortcomings as well. I've sold a lot during the early days and it's because of the life situation that I have to deal with and I have encountered. And that's why I understand those that have managed to sell too early. I was just saying that if ever there have been early adopters, many of them probably sold a lot and that's why kudos to those that have diamond hands. Even if they've sold handful of it, they're still holding a lot of it.

And from the market that goes on up to this point and with the upcoming years, they're already in profit no matter what happens to bitcoin because they've bought it at a very discounted price and that's the reward that they deserve for believing to Bitcoin at an early stage when majority of the people don't and haven't heard it yet back then.

Bitcoin should be considered a long term investment of 4-10 years or longer, and you shoudl not be fucking around with selling any of it, and if you are tempted to take profits, that likely means that you invested too much, and you have to make sure you have your financial shit together so that you don't have to sell any of your bitcoin until a time of your choosing and hopefully longer than a full cycle.. and yeah if you keep accumulating until you reach a point in which you have too many bitcoin, then you would be at liberty to either start selling some or maybe diversifying into other investments.. but you have to get to the point of over accumulation before you start to screw around with selling merely because you happen to be in profits. .and if you don't have enough BTC, then it is not going to do you a whole hell of a lot of good to sell some of them because you might not be able to buy them back for at the same price or cheaper.. so you have to be careful with those kinds of practices in regards to bitcoin, especially if you don't have enough.

I know you missed that opportunity even I missed it but everyone knows that Bitcoin price will reach 100k or 150k. Even JP Morgan, who is strongly opposed to Bitcoin, says that the price of Bitcoin will increase.
So those who missed the previous rally should not try to catch the current rally? Will we make the same mistake again and again?
Everyone knew that Bitcoin will reach 100k back in 2017, so of course they didn't sell at $20k and missed out on an opportunity to take huge profits and buy back at 15 times lower price in the bear market. Then in 2021 everyone knew it would reach $100k and the story repeated again with crash and a bear market.

You are right that in general the price will increase in this cycle, but no one has the slightest idea where the top will be, so waiting for some price level because some reach people predicted is will be very counter-productive for your investment.

Yeah, a lot of people sold in 2017 too on the way up in the $1k to $3k range and they were thinking that they would buy back lower.. which frequently does not work out too well. Each of us should be careful when we sell expecting to buy back cheaper and thinking that we are gong to know when to buy back and how much of a dip there is going to be or how long it is going to last.

It is probably not that smart to try to trade one of the best (if not the best) asset that has ever been invented (discovered), and while the greatest wealth transfer in history is in the process of going on and will likely continue for the next 50 years or more, it is probably better to be on the receiving side of that wealth transfer... that is transferring wealth from no coiners and low coiners to those who are accumulating and holding coin.

There will still be profit, of course, but we probably can't even grow x10 anymore.

Good luck with that.  10x is gold parrity, and bitcoin is likely around 1,000x better than gold. .. so I will agree that we might have some troubles getting between 50x and 1000x gold (or it might take some time to play out)... but getting to gold parity and then also 10x better than gold should not be too big of a deal.. even though it could take 2-3 cycles... perhaps?  who knows how  long it will end up taking.. . but gold parity within this cycle is within grasp, but surely it is not guaranteed to happen, but gold parity would not even be close to bitcoin's top.

remember another thing is that there are currently around $ 1 quadrillion in monetized assets that could be bitcoin's target market.  Some people think that bitcoin's addressable market is higher than that, but I think that we would need to get a lot closer to that $1 quadrillion before starting to really consider how many multiples higher it would be able to go. (I am referring to today's dollars not dollar collapse scenarios, even though that will happen too.. even if it could take some time to happen).

I saw the price of Bitcoin at 4 digits way back in 2017-2018 and didn't invest at that time. Why? It's because I'm scared since I'm not that knowledgeable enough. Did I commit a mistake then? I would say no, but emotions got me at that time since I was a newbie.

Hopefully, you have fixed yourself since 2017-2018..  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

but like you said, history repeats, and also the same mistakes of individuals repeat, too.  People continue to think bitcoin is mature, overpriced, a bubble, too late, and blah blah blah.. but it is not any of those this.  and it still is not, but still people will continue to either not invest or to sell to early... and sucks to be them.. because bitcoin still has a long way to go, even though it could take a while to get there.

I have a slightly different opinion on real estate as it's not a guaranteed return as it depends on a lot of factors and I have seen some plots being idle from decades and useless so real estate is bit complicated one needs to do proper research before investing into it so 10x or 15x is not an easy feet to achieve. But agreed with gold as it has gained little over 2x in a decade. The problem lies with our mindset is that we expect quick profit or we are too carried away during the bear market we end up selling everything. I think we need to earn form mistake and give a chance to Bitcoin but the kind of prediction you have made about a whopping 8 digit seemed to be exaggerated for me but I may be wrong and short sighted.
Yes, its not really something that gives even that 10x 15x return as been mentioned. It might be able to have that some folds but wont really be that into these multipliers not unless if the lot or property did really
become in part of a very heavily development kind of location then it could be possible but if not then reaching out those numbers or multipliers is really that hard. This is why tons of investors did really go to crypto
because they could be able to get 10-100x easily but of course the risks involved isnt something that getting in line with those traditional investments that we do know.

If you do have the funds then you could really actually having those both options as long you could really be able to handle it out then there would really be no issues.
Missed out opportunities are common and this is why we do our very best on not to miss out the next one but due to some reasons then we do repeat
on the same mistakes all over again.

The more I look at what OP did and some of the responses, it seems more and more that OP was spinning, being selective and not very representative.

WE probably could assert some kind of general averages.

1) cash probably is worth about half as much as it was in 2014

2) gold .. we can give him 2x.. no problem. .but since cash debased by half, that seems like a wash at best.

3) equities may have doubled or tripled.. but that would mean that they were just keeping up with inflation, and even if we say that some equities did 4x, then they Only did 2x in real terms if we account for the debasement of cash during the same period.

4) property.. I am not going to agree to 10x to 15x, but maybe we could estimate that they might have done 2x better than equities... on average... and yeah, I am just guessing too..

5) Bitcoin.. I like my 200x number better than op's 350x number since there were a lot of chances to buy BTC in 2015 around $250..

We still get bitcoin beating everything else by magnitudes.. but sure there are going to be some outliers with properties and equities that might have come close to bitcoin's performance, but as a general proposition bitcoin bet everything else.. and bitcoin was generally open to everyone.. just that some folks might have had some difficulties with the technology and their local jurisdiction.. whether there were places to buy it (or people who would sell it for any normie who might have had wanted it.).

[edited out]
I believe that the price of Bitcoin will increase but reaching $100k - $150k remains uncertain. However, I will continue accumulating Bitcoin believing that I could make a profit even if it never grows that much because of the volatility of the market. Having time to buy during the market correction and sell during the pump is a usual activity in the market.

I was certain that there was no quitting in here now. Yes, I missed buying 10 years ago because of doubts but as I already understand and experience the benefits of Bitcoin, I don't think I have to miss it again.

Yep, and it sounds like you are going to sell too much too soon, but hey do what you like.  If you believe $100k to $150k is enough for your cornz, then it's your choice.  good luck with that.  You will likely need it.

You know the interesting part of all of this? You’d make profit from all of them. Regarding Bitcoin, we know better now but looking back at 10 years ago, you never really knew what today would be if it’d be an abandoned idea or as huge as we’ve seen it. I’d say that if you have enough money (really wealthy), diversify your investments. Invest in all 3 of them after all, you’ll make profit from all.

If you account for the debasement of the dollar, you likely are not making money in all, especially in real terms rather than nominal terms.

Bitcoin has ongoing good chances to keep up with the debasement of the dollar and also to outperform the dollar's level of persistent, consistent and inevitably ongoing debasement.  Good luck if you are investing in that other stuff.

It was still is a great example of an asymmetric risk / reward. 

FTFY

The most you can lose is 100% of what you invested, as long as you are not so dumb as to use leverage, then you can lose more than 100%.  Don't be dumb.. just invest regularly.. whle being as aggressive as you can but without devolving into gambling practices, such as using leverage... and such as not maintaining an adequate emergency fund of 3-6 months or more, reserves and float.

The future's a mystery, even for crypto. Bitcoin might moonwalk to Mars, or, you know, not. Past wins don't guarantee future trophies. Investing is all about taking calculated risks, but don't go YOLO like it's the last pizza slice. Research, understand Bitcoin's wild swings, and only invest what wouldn't make you cry if it vanished faster than a magician's rabbit. FOMO is real, but don't let it cloud your judgment.

Putting all your eggs in one basket, even a shiny Bitcoin basket, ain't the smartest move. Spread things out across different investments like stocks, bonds, maybe even a real estate taco stand – diversification is your friend. Regretting missed opportunities stings, but dwelling on it won't help. Learn from it, do your research, and make informed choices for the future. New opportunities pop up like mushrooms after a rain, so don't get stuck in the "what if" trap.

If someone only has $10 to $50 per week to diversify, it is kind of dumb to diversify.. .and maybe after a year or two of building their investment portfolio, then diversification might start to make sense.  So start with bitcoin, and don't be diluting your investment, merely because people suggest it to be the right thing to do.. when it is not..  Once you get your bitcoin investment and your emergency fund up to around 6 months each, then maybe at that time you might start to consider some value in diversification, but even then it is not necessary until you start to feel over exposed in one asset, which could take several years before diversification starts to make sense.

But yeah if you don't know what you are investing in and you are afraid of bitcoin then maybe diversify and dilute your investment so much that you might not end up getting much benefit from anything that you are invested into... it is better to buy bitcoin and then learn about it as you go so you end up figuring out why it is not necessary to diversify until you get up to a certain size of a portfolio.. such as 6 months or more of your income/expenses..

Numbers don't lie indeed but this will depnd on your risk appetite as an investor. High risk means high rewards and this is the bottomline here. If you're an early investor of Bitcoin and you managed to hold it for years, or for this long, then for sure you are in huge profit. If you are after real estate investment, there are other ways to increase the projected profit. Perhaps having a condo unit and making it an Air BNB, which do you think will earn more? However capital would be bigger in this case but if it is consistency then this could be an option. With Gold, you could increase the value by physical reformation through accessories and such.

My point here is that you don't have to be one-sided with how you will make use of an investment. Either of these three would be a great choice however, investments aren't always a waiting game. If you're seeking for more then you simply have control of other aspects that could increase the gain you want to project. Again, risk appetite is the answer on which should you invest your money with, as well as your circumstances as an investor.

People who only have $10 to $50 per week are not going to be able to invest into real estate.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1231
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Numbers don't lie indeed but this will depnd on your risk appetite as an investor. High risk means high rewards and this is the bottomline here. If you're an early investor of Bitcoin and you managed to hold it for years, or for this long, then for sure you are in huge profit. If you are after real estate investment, there are other ways to increase the projected profit. Perhaps having a condo unit and making it an Air BNB, which do you think will earn more? However capital would be bigger in this case but if it is consistency then this could be an option. With Gold, you could increase the value by physical reformation through accessories and such.

My point here is that you don't have to be one-sided with how you will make use of an investment. Either of these three would be a great choice however, investments aren't always a waiting game. If you're seeking for more then you simply have control of other aspects that could increase the gain you want to project. Again, risk appetite is the answer on which should you invest your money with, as well as your circumstances as an investor.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 259
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
The future's a mystery, even for crypto. Bitcoin might moonwalk to Mars, or, you know, not. Past wins don't guarantee future trophies. Investing is all about taking calculated risks, but don't go YOLO like it's the last pizza slice. Research, understand Bitcoin's wild swings, and only invest what wouldn't make you cry if it vanished faster than a magician's rabbit. FOMO is real, but don't let it cloud your judgment.

Putting all your eggs in one basket, even a shiny Bitcoin basket, ain't the smartest move. Spread things out across different investments like stocks, bonds, maybe even a real estate taco stand – diversification is your friend. Regretting missed opportunities stings, but dwelling on it won't help. Learn from it, do your research, and make informed choices for the future. New opportunities pop up like mushrooms after a rain, so don't get stuck in the "what if" trap.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
Cashback 15%
That is probably one of the magic of Bitcoin getting that kind of return is really insane compared to other tangible investments like gold and real estate, Still, it is a risky investment because compared to the two Bitcoin is just a new thing that there was no proof of income on it, so there was no guarantee that Bitcoin investment is going to be profitable in the future, we dont really know if Bitcoin is still going to exist in the coming years, is it going to still exist after 5 years? plus the market is just so volatile, that something could easily come up and affect the market price, what happens if a pandemic hits? what would happen if war hit? or a zombie apocalypse how is it going to affect the market of Bitcoin, it's kind of difficult to predict that because it also wasn't a tangible asset like real estate.

Gold for sure is one the best investment out there but there is just one big problem with it the supply of it, we just doesnt know the supply of gold, I mean there could be so much gold here on earth that we dont know, and that might affect the price of gold in the market.

Real estate, in my opinion, is still going to be the end game, personally, I would still end up buying real estate because it is probably the safest investment or asset that I could make, but I would still buy Bitcoin for sure it already a no brainer for sure with that kind of potential income there was no way that I'm not going to HODL Bitcoin for long term investments, but after getting that profit the main going is going to be real estate just to take the risk in that money and put it on something that is gonna give me guaranteed income.

legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
Now you may say yes 10 years ago there was an opportunity to invest in Bitcoin. I know you missed that opportunity even I missed it but everyone knows that Bitcoin price will reach 100k or 150k. Even JP Morgan, who is strongly opposed to Bitcoin, says that the price of Bitcoin will increase.

It is sad because a lot of people had the opportunity and had the opportunity to be patient and yet failed to do so.  It is pretty funny though that we still hear the same nonsense though, "it is tulips", "it is a ponzi", "it will crash", "it doesn't have a use" etc.  I suspect that in another 10 years there will be still people saying similar things.  Likewise, 10-14 years ago, yes, there was a larger chance bitcoin could fail, a lot big chance that bitcoin would take the "worth very little" path as opposed to the "worth a lot" path.  Every year since then the chance that bitcoin would be worth very little in fiat terms has decreased whereas the opposite has increased.

I told a lot of people they should just put a few hundred or a few thousand dollars in bitcoin between 2010 and 2013 with similar arguments:  at worst you'd lose your initial money and at best you'd do really well.  It was a great example of an asymmetric risk / reward. 
Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Investing in gold, real estate, and bitcoin can be done simultaneously to make it a long-term investment. It will actually help; I cannot say no. So if I only had a lot of money, that's all I would hesitate to invest in.

But if the majority is the basis, of course, because I have knowledge and ideas about Bitcoin, I will choose to invest in or prioritize Bitcoin over real estate and gold. Because at this time we are in an uptrend where the chances are faster that the price value of Bitcoin will rise.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
You know the interesting part of all of this? You’d make profit from all of them. Regarding Bitcoin, we know better now but looking back at 10 years ago, you never really knew what today would be if it’d be an abandoned idea or as huge as we’ve seen it. I’d say that if you have enough money (really wealthy), diversify your investments. Invest in all 3 of them after all, you’ll make profit from all.
Activity: 168
Merit: 75
To see the clear picture and get helpful answers, I suggest to put on the other side a list of unsuccessful investments. OP has mentioned gold, bitcoin and property investments, showed how $1000 turned into hundred thousands. I havent googled much, but offhand I can name Twitter purchase. Suppose you have invested in Twitter. During two last years the value of your investment has decreased. Found list of unsuccessful investment. HP have bought Autonomy and face multimillion value loss of a company they have just purchased.

So OP, when asking why people make mistakes and did not invest on early stage, think about all the unsuccessful investments people made. Because I feel like ration of successful: unsuccessful early investments are greatly below 1.
Seeing the positive and negative investment outcomes side by side might help you gain a more realistic and practical perspective of what is feasible. It's common for people to lose sight of the fact that the likelihood of their investment failing is considerably higher than that of becoming the next great success story. Furthermore, there's no assurance that their gains will hold up even if they do experience some. Therefore, it's important to consider the risks as well as the potential rewards.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
I think a reasonable approach to investing in Bitcoin lets say 1000 USD is :

The worst what can happen is that you lose the 1000 USD.

The best what can happen is that you make possibly 350 x profit = 350 000 USD

So maybe worth the risk to invest in Bitcoin...

Smiley

Actually, you can't lose $1000. For this to happen, Bitcoin will have to go to zero, which is not very realistic. Every next cycle's bottom is around the previous cycle's top: previous cycle's top was around $69k so if you invest now, you can't lose anything, you can only gain or break even at worst. 
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
Bitcoin has been giving such profits for about 12 to 13 years, I don't think anything else in the world can give so much ROI in such a short period of time. But where is the problem with our trust in Bitcoin?

Maybe 10 years from now in 2034 someone will be doing this same calculation, that 10 years ago in 2024 if we bought Bitcoin we would have made 34600% profit. At that time maybe the price of Bitcoin will rise at 8 digits! Maybe I won't be around then but Bitcoin will be fine. Smiley

I think the main problem people have with Bitcoin is that they haven't been around from the start. They feel like left out from the initial high returns and don't want to invest now when the prices are high. But we need to get away from the thinking that Bitcoin was worth 1 or 100 USD and wait for the prices to fall again. This was such a long time ago before Bitcoins where widely known. We are now living in the new normal and need to adapt to it. Waiting 10 years only with the small hope of falling prices to invest our Bitcoin is not a good idea. Inflation is just going to eat up our purchase power, we need to invest our money today and not wait too long. Gold was for my grandparents what is Bitcoin for me today. I wouldn't invest any money in Gold now because the price is way too high, I just don't see any value in it anymore. As for real estate, I think that there is some value in it and eventually everybody should invest it. Paying for rent your whole life is not going to be a good idea. If you somehow can manage to get your hands on some apartment or house where you want to live in yourself, then you can save a lot of money, assuming the property is in a good condition and you don't have to invest so much money on repairs.   
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Well, I have never invested in gold before which I don't know the benefits or the rewards that attached to those that will hodl long or short for the right time to come before they can sell, but I'm used to BTC investment and I have invested little money in BTC ten years ago which am waiting for the price to reach my satisfaction before I can sell and it will increase my wealth.

I know that, there will be massive bull run in the future that will make the price of BTC to hit $80k which is the price investors are waiting to see in the market before they will be move  to trade in the market.
Gold is a good investment, however it really requires that you hold it for periods of time that are simply too long for most people, also there are many investors that do not like the volatility of bitcoin, but gold can be extremely volatile as well, especially when the economy is not doing well and there is a lot of fear on the air, as those are the moments in which gold begins to make abrupt movements that are very similar to what you can see in the bitcoin market.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
I wouldn't say mistake though, some people just don't really like the idea of risking in bitcoin, remember that bitcoin is a volatile investment, much more so than gold and real estate so it really does make a difference why some people still have some doubts. It's also worth noting that along the way in 10 years of hodling bitcoin, there's going to be times when you'll be tempted to sell because bitcoin despite it's volatile nature, growth can still be shown in years so you might not even be getting a full profit out of that in 10 years.

This was the main reason why there were only a few people who invested their money in bitcoins back then and it adds more people when they see the price increase each year but there are also some others that are still in doubt when it comes to investment until they see the price yet increase over and over again. Right now, not only some people who joined us but some huge companies as well that were in doubt back then but they are now one of us and others are joining as well especially this season where the price is expected to increase even more.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...

I believe that the price of Bitcoin will increase but reaching $100k - $150k remains uncertain. However, I will continue accumulating Bitcoin believing that I could make a profit even if it never grows that much because of the volatility of the market. Having time to buy during the market correction and sell during the pump is a usual activity in the market.

I was certain that there was no quitting in here now. Yes, I missed buying 10 years ago because of doubts but as I already understand and experience the benefits of Bitcoin, I don't think I have to miss it again.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131
I have a slightly different opinion on real estate as it's not a guaranteed return as it depends on a lot of factors and I have seen some plots being idle from decades and useless so real estate is bit complicated one needs to do proper research before investing into it so 10x or 15x is not an easy feet to achieve. But agreed with gold as it has gained little over 2x in a decade. The problem lies with our mindset is that we expect quick profit or we are too carried away during the bear market we end up selling everything. I think we need to earn form mistake and give a chance to Bitcoin but the kind of prediction you have made about a whopping 8 digit seemed to be exaggerated for me but I may be wrong and short sighted.
Yes, its not really something that gives even that 10x 15x return as been mentioned. It might be able to have that some folds but wont really be that into these multipliers not unless if the lot or property did really
become in part of a very heavily development kind of location then it could be possible but if not then reaching out those numbers or multipliers is really that hard. This is why tons of investors did really go to crypto
because they could be able to get 10-100x easily but of course the risks involved isnt something that getting in line with those traditional investments that we do know.

If you do have the funds then you could really actually having those both options as long you could really be able to handle it out then there would really be no issues.
Missed out opportunities are common and this is why we do our very best on not to miss out the next one but due to some reasons then we do repeat
on the same mistakes all over again.
Pages:
Jump to: