Pages:
Author

Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO? - page 12. (Read 2410 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
June 24, 2018, 08:31:07 AM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

I think the average value of investment in an ICO project is 1 to 3 ETH

Maybe I belong to that participant, I have funds to invest in an ICO projects worth 7 ETH and usually invest in three different ICO projects with each investment worth 2 to 3 ETH
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
June 24, 2018, 08:28:00 AM
Invest of what you can afford to loss. If you think that the project has the potential and last long in yhe market then you could put big amount, but if you think that you have a little doubt about the project you can put less penny on it. And it depends on how much the min investments of an ICO will be. But first you have to make a research about the project to be able to avoid scam.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
June 24, 2018, 08:14:31 AM
Personally i do not have large funds to invest and i have already invested in my favorite coins, so if i see a good ico i try to get in with small investment like $100-$200, then if the project turns out well i purchase more from the exchanges.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
June 24, 2018, 08:12:40 AM
Actually, I won't invest if the project would like to fund $40ml. I follow someone who has a good for advising. How much is cap low how more is good for the ICO project and investor. However, I will say one more thing that I would like to invest up to my backup balance. That's mean I don't leave from my position if I fail to gain mine expect target from that ICO.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
June 24, 2018, 08:10:37 AM
Most of the time I will choose to invest 2 ETH,
Because there's not a lot of 2ETH, and the risk of investing in ICO is high, and if the ICO doesn't appear on the exchange, it's worthless.
Activity: 42
June 24, 2018, 08:04:26 AM
I joined every month one ico. My invest 1 or 2 ethereum but If project very very good and Investors vey big I invest max 5 ether. But now I don't invest ico because market very bad. All ico's under price ico.

You mean the market is bad because of the price of ETH/BTC? or for other reasons?
Activity: 658
Merit: 153
June 24, 2018, 07:15:12 AM
I joined every month one ico. My invest 1 or 2 ethereum but If project very very good and Investors vey big I invest max 5 ether. But now I don't invest ico because market very bad. All ico's under price ico.
Activity: 135
June 24, 2018, 07:12:21 AM
I think it's a risky move to invest a lot of money.
Since I do not have a lot of params, I am trying to make a point shot when choosing ICO.
There are minimum deposit amounts to participate in ICOs. 0.5 eth invested in the last ICO I attended.
Activity: 42
June 24, 2018, 07:10:21 AM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: