Pages:
Author

Topic: How risky to invest in cryptocurrency? - page 32. (Read 3046 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 100
The risk of investing in cryptocurrency I think is pretty big because every coin is very unstable and it's easy to get down and up. So if you want to invest in cryptocurrency then you should be prepared with the consequences you will receive. And do not ever complain if there is a decrease in your investment.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
How risky for beginner to invest in cryptocurrency? What kind of risk factor and what are the precautions?
The article in the link below will give you a pretty clear picture on how risky is it to invest in cryptocurrencies. Things can get pretty scary if we don't know what we are doing. So it is a must that we equip ourselves with the knowledge that we need in order to succeed in this venture.

https://masterthecrypto.com/dangers-in-cryptocurrency-investing/
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
In my opinion not only it is risky for beginners to invest in crypto. Moreover each investment is always risky. You just need to figure out your critical money amount which you are ready to lose. Because in another way you will make mistakes that will be based on you fear about losing your money.
Activity: 134
Helios Protocol Operator and Community Manager
Investing in crypto currency is very risky for newbies, especially for people with no experience in investing. Crypto is very volatile. It’s not uncommon for a coin to jump 150% in a day or fall 80% in a day. If you invested early in 2017, the chances are you made a profit if you held all year no matter how experienced you are.  On the flip side, if you invested at the very end of 2017 and held a couple months you probably lost. Bull runs along with bear markets are way more intense than Wall Street.  One safety factor to use is to spread your investments out into several different coins or projects.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
TREEBLOCK.io
Investing in crypto currency is very risky because the crypto market is so volatile therefore great caution is required and one the precaution you should is to learn more about the space before making your investment also invest what you are willing to lose
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
the risk is that you can lose all of your money as there are so many scammers and shitcoins. the preacuations are that you can start trading with a virtual money for some weeks and than invest the real money just for experience.

In any kind of market risk is always there. Here in crypto most common risk are a lot of scam so be brilliant and smart,  think many times for us not to be scam.
Activity: 448
It's more than too much! The biggest thingh for a beginner is that they have no experience or knowledge about it! Experience is the main factor in investment because it helps a crypto user to know about which coin is good for long-term or short term investment. Expereince help us to know about a good project or which one is a scam project. In beginning, they can only invest in Ethereum or Bitcoin which is the most popular and trusted project.
Activity: 84
There is always a risk in investing,now everyone knows how risky to invest in cryptocurrency,you need to have a lot of experience in trading.
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
I would ask: What is not risky? Everything is dangerous in some way, so there is some amount of risk in every single activity. Anyway, investing in cryptocurrencies is one of the riskiest ways "how to become rich". With so many altcoins and talented enthusiastic people you can not be sure which project is going to be successful in 5+ years. Furthermore, no one knows how will regulations influence the whole market and the progress of needs is a bit unpredictable. I am not saying that investing in crypto is a good or bad thing, but everyone should know that there is a big possibility of never getting your money back. If you are willing to take that risk, go for it, and some of us will not regret this decision. Is THAT person going to be me, or you, or your neighbor? No one knows the answer at the moment. That is why I like it even more  Grin!
Activity: 341
Merit: 4
I think it's not too risky to invest in cryptocurrency if you know how much money wants to use and you want to learn about cryptocurrency. I am sure that the risk will always be there but we can prevent the risk with our knowledge that we learn. the point is when you want to learn something, you can minimize the risk and you will make a profit in every section, not just in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
Investing in new class asset is always risky. Because with small changes in markets like regulation updates and development progress affects badly and reflects huge volatility in price moments of assets. So it is very risky.

We are in the same era as what I spoke above in cryptospace.
Activity: 420
For beginners I think we should know the rise and fall of bitcoin and altcoin prices. because by knowing that factor we can prevent the loss that we will get.
Activity: 152
From my personal experience the following the are risks I have come across across :

risk to total loss due to your exchange account getting hacked. Therefore it is recommended that you invest in off line cold storage, instead of keeping your crypto on the exchange house network .
Volatilityis part of the trading, so I won't consider it a major risk, I'll just term it high risk / high reward phenomenon . You have etherum going up by 4000% in 6 months, that's huge, but also u need to know etherum can collapse 4000% in one month (this doesn't seem likely though, at the current state, but a time might come), therefore you need to know how to take profit and not be greedy.
Fear of regulation is another thing, we don't know what the government might do in the future regarding regulations (the mainstream bankers are already lobbying for regulation against it as we are seeing more and more funds moving from banks to the crypto world). But again the fear should not stop us, but be aware of it.
Scam is another big issues, the chances of buying into a scam is increasing with the introduction of a lot of junk altcoins designed to steal your BTC through direct trading of BTC to those coins. Also the many iCOs enabled by ETH are a concern as they are backed up by nothing.
Overall don't be greedy and be security aware! It's a dangerous terrain security wise so take all the precautions.
Activity: 55
Is brings a lot of risks if you invest the money that you need urgently and not your savings, but if you invest your savings and take advantage of the prices, of buying low and selling at a high price you should be just fine, also try to diversify your portfolio.
Activity: 980
Merit: 503
It has always been dangerous to invest in cryptocurrencies. The price changes too fast. Now I would not invest a lot of money.
Activity: 152
for beginners the risk is very much because the beginner does not have much knowledge about cryptocurrency. so for beginners have to learn more.

Activity: 415
The risk depends on how you control it. If you invest in ICO then the risk is great. If you are only investing in bitcoin, then you will be very relaxed and just wait.
Activity: 396
Risk is related to your money. If your investment funds are affordable, the risk will be small, but if you have a lot of money, the risk will be even greater.
Activity: 471
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
A beginner should not rush to invest in cryptocurrency at all. You have to learn a lot and do many researches on many possible ways to preserve your capital and not lose much. The market will always be there for you whenever you are ready to start trading. Also you must not see it as a get rich quick scheme.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
How risky for beginner to invest in cryptocurrency? What kind of risk factor and what are the precautions?

Many risks, even in any investment. But the most common is to get into this field in hopes of getting wealth instantly.
When that does not happen, they get out, of course with considerable losses. And that is a risk.
Pages:
Jump to: