Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 28. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 262
AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system
August 25, 2017, 12:47:14 PM
Humans will never have a sense of satisfaction,
Except those who have gratitude.
Because humans tend to have arrogant feelings and look at people who are richer than them.
 Tongue
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 25, 2017, 12:01:16 PM
people will never be contented because lust is hard to fight unless you are old maybe you can easily contented and hope to die.
Activity: 479
Merit: 105
August 25, 2017, 11:56:27 AM
Satisfied with what you have is good. We must always be happy with what we have in our lives, To be satisfied with what you mean, you appreciate the things you have. There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but with reasonable limits

Be contented and happy because you are lucky to have things that other don't have. Not all things can afford for some reason that you have to focus on what you are need rather than what you want.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
August 24, 2017, 07:56:43 PM
I think it's very healthy to try to be content with what I have and try to remind myself how fortunate I am.

Living in a fairly balanced and civilized country, enough money to get by...(just), friends and family and reasonable health are certainly things to be thankful for.

However, it's good to strive for things, if that's what motivates you.
Activity: 233
August 24, 2017, 06:44:51 PM
To be contented of what we have, we should not compare ourselves to other people. Comparing yourself to other people makes you feel negatively.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
August 24, 2017, 05:35:39 PM
There is a big differences between contentment and satisfaction. You can be content but not satisfied. But you can not be satisfy without being content.
In other world a man in his normal natour always want what he/she doesn't have, so the quest for new things is always there. The only thing you can do is to discipline your self to be contended Wit what you have.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
August 24, 2017, 05:04:34 PM
Follow these steps coming from eagleman:
1. Don't look for other things that you have already.
2. Don't focus into upgrading all the time, sometimes having it is already enough.
3. Don't imitate those people that are not contented on what they have or what they do.
4. Simplicity can make you contented.
Activity: 462
August 24, 2017, 03:05:33 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

I think it's normal to want something they don't have, but if it's excessive you must think that in life it's impossible to have everything that you want. You will turn out greedy if that's case. You should understand that even the richest people on earth can't have everything in life. Just be contented.
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
August 24, 2017, 10:55:00 AM
Intervention! Find a way to getting to know yourself better! Do not be copy cat from other peoples, you being contended is because you do not know how to make yourself happy so you want to be happy like others. Find your happiness point and you will have better life.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
August 24, 2017, 09:34:02 AM
Setting up your goals and setting your mind to be contented of what you have.accepting the things that you have is enough for us.im always teach my child to be satisfied of what they have.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
August 24, 2017, 08:52:40 AM
You need to look at life as a child and enjoy what you have. Little children are happy with everything their parents give them, even if they are from a very poor family.
Yes I agree on your idea mate being a child will contented on what you’ve seen on your surroundings, as soon as you grow older you will explore something that you wanted to own, this just a part of phase in life, in my opinion as long as you can afford to acquire the things that you want that is not mean that you are not contented what you have unless if you acquire things beyond your capacity to pay that’s mean you are not contented the things that you have, just examine yourself and your capacity.
Activity: 322
August 24, 2017, 08:09:39 AM
You need to look at life as a child and enjoy what you have. Little children are happy with everything their parents give them, even if they are from a very poor family.
Activity: 560
Merit: 121
August 24, 2017, 03:07:16 AM
I always take a racing horse as an example to my self.  They put this thing on the horse's eyes to keep their eyes on focus to the destination. It couldnt look to the left nor to the right so the horse look straight forward. If we have the same thing in the horse eyes we will not be looking at what our neighbors have, what do they buy and will not be comparing  ourselves  to them. If it happens, everything we  see is just ourselves, our own and what we have. So we manage with what we have and also contented because there is no point of comparison. I always put it in my mind that i may not have what others have but there are those also who wish to have what i have.
Activity: 196
August 24, 2017, 03:00:25 AM
With what i have and with who i am. I have accepted that i am the type of person who will always be striving for a goal , the type of person who enjoys challenge, and who enjoys the journey, its not the goal that matters to me. its the journey to get there that is so fun. and i'm content
being that type of person. Contentment is not a matter with being content with your situation in life and never trying to improve. its a matter of being content with what you have - but realizing that as humans, we will always try to improve. no matter how happy we are. If we don't, we have given up on life.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 24, 2017, 01:59:29 AM
I know contentment is not an easy task i mean no one is content with what he or she has but we should try for our own happiness or it will give u nothing but frustration for u.

Well i think you just have to know what you need and then what you want. People who have less are more contented with simple things because they know how it feels to have nothing so they tend to put more importance to what they currently have
Activity: 70
Merit: 11
August 23, 2017, 10:01:14 AM
I know contentment is not an easy task i mean no one is content with what he or she has but we should try for our own happiness or it will give u nothing but frustration for u.
Activity: 214
Merit: 20
August 23, 2017, 09:43:03 AM
You can be contented on what you have by finding little things that can give you simple joy, finding things about you are happy with, assume that you, others and lives are perfect and taking a moment to be grateful for somethings. Be contented on what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize that there is nothing lacking, the whole world would be grateful that you've found contentment.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
August 23, 2017, 08:21:05 AM
You'll be contented on what you have if you appreciate the worth of everyperson, thing or whatever that you have in your life. Just think that whatever it is, and all things in this world is important. If a thing should not be enough for you, maybe it is a thing that you think that you may improved more and you may reached more than what you have now. But don't even fool yourself that the thing you have is unworthy because all thing that you worked for to yours, is a very important thing to every individual. Because providing your needs by you own, makes your heart fulfilled and makes you better.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
August 23, 2017, 07:12:14 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
You need to be satisfied for what you have not all you want you need to buy. Maybe help yourself make a decision for a good things so that you can be contented on what you have. And don't waste your money for the things that you don't need.
Satisfaction depends on yourself and on how you feel. You'll be contented in some things that you have is you appreciate the value of it. You just need to value your things and know thier worth just to make you satisfied. We don't need to think that the thing we have is not enough, just think that all we have bought or all we have now is a blessing. Even if you think its not enough, you just work for it and don't even think to throw away all the things you have. Even the simple things and small things are important and we have to appreciate the worth of it.
Activity: 119
for future
August 23, 2017, 07:06:17 AM
things cannot give you satisfaction, its those people around you that can, achieving things that you dream with them, having fun and experiencing the feeling of being alive that is what can satisfy you so dont become too focus on things because there are lot that will distract you. Live youre life Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: