Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 29. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
August 23, 2017, 06:39:01 AM
Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.
let's face it. us human, was never satisfied.
we always ask for more.

Humans are always not contented in what they have in their life. Humans always want something new and new look in their eyes. Humans will not be contented on what they have because almost every year, there is a new product that is being released. If we want to have this new products, we should study hard so we can work on prestigious company where they offer high income.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 23, 2017, 06:34:36 AM
in general human being is never contented on what he has. as the income is growing, we always try to improve, no matter how happy we are. Happiness is self-contentedness. – Aristotle. very deep phrase. Contentness is leading to happiness. so you choose whom to be happy or unhappy. if you know how to be contented with less - you will always find a way to be happy.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 06:19:28 AM
Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.
let's face it. us human, was never satisfied.
we always ask for more.
Activity: 132
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
August 23, 2017, 05:04:36 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
Theres nothing bad on buying thing that you don't haveas long as you can afford it. Contentment is being happy on things that you have. You should be happy and contented on what you have
Activity: 154
August 23, 2017, 02:48:50 AM
I think there is no such contentment in every human being because even our ancestors have never been contented in their lives. Even the bible during the time of Adan and Eve, the reason why Adan and Eve commit the mortal sin is because they are not contented with what God gave them, they become greedy and ask for more. And since according to them we are from Adan and Eve ancestors then we have the same natural greediness in our bones.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 22, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
the less is more)
Activity: 12
August 22, 2017, 01:47:49 PM
Contentment doesn't come from circumstantial success.  Circumstances change like the markets.

Contentment comes from inside.  We often take a good thing like money and ascribe too much importance to it.  And therefore suffer discontentment.

It is not Stoicism, IMHO.  Epictetus said, “Begin with a cup or a household utensil, if it breaks say, ‘I don’t care.’ Go on to a horse or a pet dog, if anything happens to it say, ‘I don’t care.’ Go on to yourself and if you’re hurt or injured in any way say, ‘I don’t care.’ And if you go on long enough and if you try hard enough you’ll come to a state when you can walk your nearest and dearest suffer and die and say, ‘I don’t care.’"  Abolishing our feelings doesn't resolve the issue.  Feelings are like a water faucet that delivers both cold and hot water.  Lock out the cold and you lock out the hot too.  Ultimately, that creates depression.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
August 22, 2017, 01:25:43 PM
We should be thankful for what we have and be grateful because not everyone can afford some things that we already have. On the other hand, being not contented is somewhat a good thing. Why? It's because we need to aim and crave for more even if we suceed on something. Do not limit your skills on just a single success in life. It will help to keep us doing our best.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
August 22, 2017, 11:31:27 AM
Satisfied with what you have is good. We must always be happy with what we have in our lives, To be satisfied with what you mean, you appreciate the things you have. There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but with reasonable limits
Activity: 20
August 20, 2017, 11:53:56 AM
I don't think that there's contentment in this world because whenever you get something you want there's always a thing that you wanted more. So maybe you can lessen that by appreciating on what you have.
Activity: 300
August 20, 2017, 10:38:14 AM
Its normal to want more than you have. Moreover, if a person becomes content with what he or she has, they turn into boring spiritless people because they no longer have a dream. 
Activity: 364
August 20, 2017, 10:29:04 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
Same with what you felt and planning. But I realized that you should be contented with what you have because if there's no contentment with yourself therefore it can leads you to a not good future. Instead of buying the things that you want you should save it to secure your future and you can buy your needs such as shelter and food.
Activity: 134
August 20, 2017, 04:41:31 AM
Interesting article on what it means to be happy. https://medium.com/personal-growth/the-purpose-of-life-isnt-to-be-happy-a2b2ff16de3c

"Rather than seeing it as an emotional state, their idea of a happy life was built on something more. It wasn’t an event. It was about a life lived in harmony with our own nature, including the acceptance of suffering and discomfort."
Activity: 429
Merit: 102
August 15, 2017, 07:33:22 PM

Contentment is really hard to achieve. We usually set things that we want to have, and when we already get it we usually look for me. Even people who are rich has no contentment. They still work and want to be even richer. But, I think that the best thing that you can do to your problem is, just be contented with what you have. Remember that you can't have everything that you want. Just be happy with what you have.

Contentment is hard to achieve by a person who does not have satisfaction on what already have. Wanting and buying for something that you do not need is just a waste of money. Satisfaction in one product you want for just short period of time. Dont ask for more just to satisfy you. Be happy that you have thing that other dont have.
Activity: 83
August 15, 2017, 03:12:07 PM
I think humans are very unlikely to be satisfied, because everytime they reach a goal there will be another plan.
Perhaps in a way to thank God, it will satisfy your heart
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
August 14, 2017, 06:04:30 AM
For our generation it is not easy to be fully happy. We do not appreciate every moment we are alive. We have too much but we are still unsatisfied with our surroundings. At least we can find those little things that can give us simple joy. Find it yourself and maybe you will also find an answer for your questions.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
August 14, 2017, 02:13:50 AM
To be contented on what you have first you should need to enjoy the little things. If you manage to appreciate the little things, the joy of living. The joy of having nothing and so on and so forth then little by little you would see that you dont need more.
Agree, we need to appriciate those little things we have, like we have a shelter, clothes, we have a bed to rest, a food to eat, some people don't have food on time and that little things will need to be appriciated so we can be contented on what we have.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
August 13, 2017, 05:06:11 PM

It's simple, just control yourself and think that you can't have anything you want in life. It's our nature to be greedy, there's nothing to stop people from wanting more. Even rich people keep on searching ways on how to become richer. Even when you're earning or aiming something, the moment you reached your goal, you will want more. Just be contented.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
August 13, 2017, 08:32:17 AM
Satisfaction on whay you have is the key. I can feel you, I never been contented in what I have. I will always buy things even though I don't really need. Like I have a good phone, but I bought another one when a new model released. I don't have a discipline. This habit isn't good. Everyone should learn to be contented, to be satisfied. Now, I'm starting to save money. When I received my pay chaeck, a small percentage will go to my savings. I'm trying to discipline myself on not buying things that I don't really need. It's effective.

No one in this world is permanent but only change. Many people are being hard to accept the fact about what they have in their life. They already have something that they want, but they also want other things. The world is being surrounded by people who are jealous to others. If we want to have that thing, we should work hard so we can have high income that can support our needs.
Activity: 120
August 12, 2017, 11:03:56 PM
Satisfaction on whay you have is the key. I can feel you, I never been contented in what I have. I will always buy things even though I don't really need. Like I have a good phone, but I bought another one when a new model released. I don't have a discipline. This habit isn't good. Everyone should learn to be contented, to be satisfied. Now, I'm starting to save money. When I received my pay chaeck, a small percentage will go to my savings. I'm trying to discipline myself on not buying things that I don't really need. It's effective.
Pages:
Jump to: