Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 25. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 22, 2017, 04:41:06 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

One thing that came to my mind when thinking about life and happiness...Imagine there was a machine that could measure everyone's happiness.
Now remember there are people who are happy and satisfied with almost nothing or little that they have,while there are millionaires who are depressed even at point of doing suicide.
Do you think that this imagined machine would care where you happiness originates from?
My point is,sometimes in life in order to be happy you don't need to change your surroundings by buying expensive things,
it's enough to change your thinking and character to be happy with all the small things in our lives.
At the end you won't care whether you drive an expensive ferrari or just drinking a morning's coffee or watching a sunset,you will be just as happy Smiley
Activity: 304
www.daxico.com
September 22, 2017, 02:35:49 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
I think we should be much grateful for what we already have, because out there are still many people who do not have what we have.
it would be wise if we prefer to buy the goods we really need, so do not make ourselves consumptive for the sake of self-esteem or prestige against others.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 22, 2017, 01:38:53 PM
ot everyone is truly content with with his or her life. Often times we are unsatisfied and seek more for what we don't have and who we are. Through scripture however, we are commanded to be content with all we have in life. Use these Bible verses to remind you not of you don't have and who you are not, but of what you do have, who you are, and who you can be.

Matthew 6:25-26 and mattew 6;32-33
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 22, 2017, 11:39:12 AM
Just be thankful to what you have and avoid getting jealous over material things because jealousy can affect your mindset and will cloud your decision making and will shift your focus on what others have.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
September 22, 2017, 08:08:42 AM
Namanya manusia pasti tidak akan pernah puas dengan apa yang telah dia miliki.karena sifat manusia itu slalu kurang dan kurang
please use  basic English stupid, because here is global selection not local, please use your indon language but in the local selection do not here.
Activity: 7
September 22, 2017, 07:49:00 AM
Namanya manusia pasti tidak akan pernah puas dengan apa yang telah dia miliki.karena sifat manusia itu slalu kurang dan kurang
Activity: 32
September 22, 2017, 03:36:38 AM
You can never be contented with what you have. Its human nature to always ask for more. So many attraction lies in the world. But there are so many people as well who don't have what you have. At least we live our life peacefully. Hectically yet peacefully. That's the only good thing about life.
Activity: 51
September 22, 2017, 03:09:32 AM
You can be contented on what you have if you always put things in your mind that, all the things you have now is God given to you and if the want to buy new things, buy it when you need it urgently and not only for your luxury. Satisfaction in the things you have is important.
Activity: 14
September 21, 2017, 09:21:42 PM
It is necessary to be able to enjoy the surrounding world, and not to buy up everything that society imposes.
 Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 126
September 21, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.

You are right, contentment is not a satisfaction on what you have, or what things you got, and I think why some millionaires now goes to politics is that they want to help and inspire other people' lives. For me, It is what you do for others than what you do with yourself. I guess all those million dollar stuff won't bring you to contentment for long, try to help other people, maybe it will take you there.
Activity: 56
September 21, 2017, 08:13:05 PM
In our fast-paced, interconnected modern world, it’s hard not to constantly want something new, something better, something faster. Whether it’s your car, your house, or your family, we’re always looking for ways to trade up, always chasing the next best thing. But this cycle of pursuit and temporary satisfaction is never-ending. To free yourself from it, you must eventually become content with what you have. This doesn’t mean you never seek improvements within yourself or your quality of life, but it does mean to stay conscious of how lucky you really are, and finding simple joys in everyday moments. Like example Find joy in simple things, stay mindful, Be generous, express gratitude, Only keep the things you love, practice optimisn.
Activity: 29
September 19, 2017, 10:39:02 AM
The secret is simple though hard to achieve. Material things just fulfill the emptiness inside of us and they don't really make us happy. So every time we achieve our material goal we feel like its not enough and there are another bigger goal to achieve. If you can just try to focus on yourself and understand what you really want and lack in your life, you can probably be more contented.

Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 19, 2017, 02:08:28 AM
"I think it is to think simple. Make things less complicated. Being content is a state of mind. You have to train your mind to have the least expectation on people or on things. Many people nowadays find ot difficult to achieve happiness simply because they expect too much that they forget to thank God even the most little of things. Be thankful with what you have and always see the positive and bright on a situation"

I agree with you on this. I will start practising your advise. I hope we can all see the best in every situation. Let us be happy always for this is the key to be content
Activity: 31
September 19, 2017, 02:00:45 AM
Its simple, try to appreciate who you are, love and respect what you have so that others will look and accept you as a person. Another thing is never compare yourself with others which may lead to insecurities and self pity. Always remember that you are a unique individual and you are the best in your own field.
Activity: 462
September 19, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
I think it is to think simple. Make things less complicated. Being content is a state of mind. You have to train your mind to have the least expectation on people or on things. Many people nowadays find ot difficult to achieve happiness simply because they expect too much that they forget to thank God even the most little of things. Be thankful with what you have and always see the positive and bright on a situation.
Activity: 239
September 19, 2017, 01:30:03 AM
To be content with what you have is biblical.  It is the key to happiness.  They say it is a state of mind.  To be content will lead you into the right path.  This way you will be able to avoid covetousness and envy.  Because when you desire material things more than life, then you will never be contented. This will lead you to cravings on this that are not eternal and can be easily destroyed or outdated resulting to want to have more.  Remember, the Bible teaches us to think of the things that are above, things that cannot be stolen or destroyed.  So it is up to you... If you are deprived of materials things during your childhood, you are more susceptible to this or being addicted to gadgets.... This will do no good to you...
To be contented on what you have, you must be happy on what you currently have. You have to get and do the things that will make you happy. Despite of its value and what nots. And you also have to be satisfied with it because satisfaction gives contentment.
Activity: 224
I will do wonder for YOU!!!
September 18, 2017, 09:19:14 PM
To be content with what you have is biblical.  It is the key to happiness.  They say it is a state of mind.  To be content will lead you into the right path.  This way you will be able to avoid covetousness and envy.  Because when you desire material things more than life, then you will never be contented. This will lead you to cravings on this that are not eternal and can be easily destroyed or outdated resulting to want to have more.  Remember, the Bible teaches us to think of the things that are above, things that cannot be stolen or destroyed.  So it is up to you... If you are deprived of materials things during your childhood, you are more susceptible to this or being addicted to gadgets.... This will do no good to you...
kie
Activity: 202
September 18, 2017, 08:56:53 PM
be satisfied, be happy. that is the key to become contented.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 18, 2017, 07:08:24 PM
To want something is human nature, so just focus on what you need not just what you want. Youll be more productive that way.
Most people live to fulfill their prestige not to meet their needs, whereas their needs are simple but they want to exaggerate and lead to something bad.

I thinknthe trick there is to always have a positive outlook in life. If you see things in a positive perspective, then being contented with what you have would come with it. You wouldn't envy other people, you wouldn't br thinking of ways to achieve things just because others have it and you'll be happy with what you have
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
September 18, 2017, 06:34:03 PM
You need to be satisfied for what you have not all you want you need to buy. Maybe help yourself make a decision for a good things so that you can be contented on what you have. And don't waste your money for the things that you don't need.
Satisfying from every thing that not all things you can get by one click.being contented and happy of what you have ,even if it is small or big.always remember that life is short be happy of what everything you have.
Pages:
Jump to: