Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 34. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 252
July 27, 2017, 10:47:15 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
I think the title of the thread is mistaken, the true question is how to be content with who you are, those that are content with themselves do not need anything more.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 27, 2017, 10:46:02 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

I don't think its a problem as long as it's your money. Your work hard to earn that money so you can buy whatever you want in your life. It's like rewarding yourself for long hours of work so there's nothing wrong with that.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
July 27, 2017, 10:21:27 PM
You need to know first if you really need that thing that you don't have, if it is just your WANTS, then you should not to buy it. We need to know that differences of NEEDS AND WANTS.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
July 27, 2017, 04:46:50 PM

There is nothing wrong in being optimistic and wanting the good things of life and in fact, its the best thing to do because I won't want to associate with anyone who is comfortable with the life of penury but the difference is what are the length you willing to go to achieve such objective and that's is what differentiate contentment with desperation. In dreaming and wishing, one should always try to work hard and also draw a line that will not be crossed when it comes to morality.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
July 27, 2017, 03:42:24 PM
People are always setting up goals for themselves and the more cash they have the higher the goals become. I'll give you an example from my own life. When I was a kid i always saved money for computer parts. I remember setting up small goals for myself, like a printer or a new keyboard, but when I started to earn real money and didn't have to rely on my parents, my computer goals quickly grew. My old desk suddenly became too small to fit my new computer and then my room was too small and I moved to a bigger flat, and that became too small, so I moved to a house, and now my yard feels too small, I'd like to have 2x that to fit a swimming pool Cheesy
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 27, 2017, 02:48:16 PM
I also always planing planing something to buy. And every day the price of things that I want to buy increasing.
I came out of the situation - I began to make expensive and great tattoos Cool
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
July 27, 2017, 02:34:21 PM

Well, I think that sounds more like consumerism. There's nothing wrong with buying new stuff, provided you can afford them and that you are not chocking in them like some hoarders.

In fact, it is sometimes great to not be content. If I'm just content I wouldn't have been able to save up for the stuff I'm using now.

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
It's Me bikihabana
July 27, 2017, 01:19:06 PM

I make a projection into the future, specifically that day that I will be no more, the day my precious life will come to and end on this beautiful earth - as I do this, I realize that day could be any day really, although I hope it will be much later when I can't walk up straight any longer and have to bend over a little. This projected observation helps me to search for that which is most important in my life.

Activity: 812
Merit: 253
July 27, 2017, 12:06:09 PM
It depends on how you manage your money and if you are satisfied with what you have. Because if you are not satisfied with what you have then everytime you see something you like the result will always be the same. But if you are satisfied with what you have now then you wouldn't be tempted in buying those things. Try to scribble down what are the things you want and need, want are things you just want to have because other people have it too; need would be things you need everyday and you can't do by without them because they are that important.
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
July 27, 2017, 09:53:00 AM
You need to be satisfied for what you have not all you want you need to buy. Maybe help yourself make a decision for a good things so that you can be contented on what you have. And don't waste your money for the things that you don't need.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
July 27, 2017, 09:16:47 AM
Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
July 27, 2017, 09:07:58 AM
Pages:
Jump to: