Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 22. (Read 5536 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
July 12, 2018, 02:40:09 AM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

Prevention is always the best cure. Play it safe as always. Make sure you connect to safe networks or any network in particular that you fully understand and know that it is safe. Next is always have your wallets secured or make sure it is by paper. Paper is unhackable.
Activity: 448
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
July 12, 2018, 02:00:45 AM
Anything on the web are vulnerable on hackers attack. This includes tokens and coins in our online wallets. But to get rid of it take some safety measures for yourself, first,  don’t ever entertain any email that contains links that maybe a phising site and also never ever let your private key known by other users or leave it unattended ( posting it in any thread or put it in wallet address box).
to keep ALtcoin and make it the main coin in considerable profits is good enough to use it as a major coin that continuously generates much greater profits from year to year. by storing it on a very secure and profitable trust wallet. and the level of security is indeed the main benchmark.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
July 12, 2018, 01:56:46 AM
First of all - your altcoins are your altcoins only in that case if you have private keys from your wallet. So automatically - altcoins that are on exchange are not yours, they belong to exchange.
Another suggestion - never use browser extensions. You may got the best wallet protection but lost your private key by using such extensions to log in.
Activity: 336
July 12, 2018, 01:35:48 AM
If you want to secure your cryptocurrency then here are few tips to keep your assets safe.

1. Securing a Wallet is similar to securing your personal data on the computer. You have to be aware of links, advertisement, any type of attachment etc. which appears when a browser is being suffered.

2. Always create backups of your cryptocurrency wallets. So, that it will let you restore your wallet if in case your laptop or cell phone gets stolen.

3. Opening an account to buy cryptocurrency? Set up a unique E-mail id that you’re going to use for that account and never share that id with anyone.

4. Encrypt your whole device in which you are going to use cryptocurrency wallet. Make sure you have the best anti-virus installed on your device and keep it up to date including anti-malware and anti-ransomware.

5. Set up a really hard and long password where it is only able to recover from a piece of paper that you control.

To read full visit: https://cointopper.com/guides/how-to-save-your-cryptocurrency-assets-from-being-hacked-in-2018
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
July 12, 2018, 01:32:48 AM
There are not so many ways for protection and I can recommend to use only safe exchanges which are used by a lot of people and have a strong password there.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 11, 2018, 11:28:36 PM
Far away from the phishing website, the use of cracking software can include keyloggers. Please check the URLs carefully before logging in to the Internet wallet and the exchange. In particular, be alert to fake e-mail, if you can go to the store's hardware wallet better.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 283
July 11, 2018, 07:39:50 AM
Well we can protect our altcoins if we put them in safest way of wallet on site.
But we need to be careful for now because they have some site that can get your wallet, Just a phising site so need more careful to open a site if we don't know yet on what it is.
Activity: 42
July 11, 2018, 06:39:50 AM
Clear all the history on your PC consistently. This will higher your odds that you aren't getting phished or key logged. I would put resources into hostile to infection and in addition equipment wallets that distinction your private keys from your PC. Having every one of these things ought to be plentiful for security.
Activity: 140
July 10, 2018, 09:26:51 AM
To protect your electronic money, save them in your purse or wallet so that you can save passwords on paper and I have a very secure myether wallet for saving electronic money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
July 10, 2018, 09:17:23 AM
I just usually do is just put it in my ledger but even though this method is a bit pricey but i insure you that your coins will be safe unless you forgot you PIN and the backup words.
Activity: 106
Merit: 2
July 10, 2018, 09:15:00 AM
First of all you need to lock your private key,dont give it to anyone, and erase your computer history every week. Secondly you must secure your email.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
July 10, 2018, 09:10:26 AM
There is no universal protection against all hackers. Believe me, if they want to hack you, they will do it without problems. First of all you have to make sure of your own accuracy and not make silly mistakes! Do not store money on the exchange, do not save passwords on the Internet, try to change your passwords often.
Activity: 484
July 10, 2018, 09:02:17 AM
To protect your Altcoin, you should learn about cold wallets and hot wallets. These are the two most popular and safest forms of Altcoin storage today. You should find out before deciding to use any wallet to store Altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2018, 09:00:10 AM
Personally, I work with cryptocurrencies from a separate computer, with which I do absolutely nothing else. Keep your passwords out of anyone's reach. You can think about purchasing a hardware wallet.
Activity: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 10, 2018, 08:52:21 AM
For me, the best methods to protect altcoins from hacker is to be always aware of your surroundings or to the sites that you will going, make sure to save your accounts information or accounts privacy to any phishing sites and use hardware wallet for your altcoin to have a much more secured wallet.
Activity: 59
July 10, 2018, 08:46:37 AM
Don't give your seed or your private key to anyone. Be careful of phishing website . If you have large amount of altcoin i would highly recommend you to use hardware wallet.
Activity: 98
July 10, 2018, 08:21:12 AM
The only safe way to store you alts is to store them in a hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. When you generate a seed using a hardware wallet it is not shared with the computer system and hence even if your computer is having any kind of malware or virus, the seed can never be compromised
Activity: 101
July 09, 2018, 11:45:50 PM
Even the most reliable password will not save you from keyloggers. This is part of the program or equipment that reads all the keyboard manipulation. Keylogers are divided into software and hardware. The first to protect the antivirus. Another antivirus will help to recognize and block phishing links, after which hackers get access to passwords.
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
July 09, 2018, 11:50:00 AM
Due to constant hack attacks on the exchanges I would recommend not holding your alts on the exchange wallet but withdrawing them when you've your trading.
And yes, store the login data and all the keys from your wallets in a secure place (preferably on USB drive or virtual OS, but not on your main computer).
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
July 09, 2018, 11:44:10 AM
Phishing attacks, Ponzi schemes, and ransomware are all common types of cyber fraud and theft of cryptocurrencies. There have been reports of cybercriminals sending phishing emails with infected attachments that give the attacker access to the victim’s computer and their wallets. Always be vigilant when dealing with suspicious emails and attachments, especially when you are unsure of their source. Also, pay attention to the exchanges you’re using. Make sure they’re reputable and secure. Follow the news and avoid those that experience many technical issues or have strange policies.
Pages:
Jump to: