Pages:
Author

Topic: How to sign a message?! - page 32. (Read 141318 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 28, 2015, 04:26:38 AM
hi shorena,Can you help me restore my account has been stolen ?
name: Altynbekova
btc address: 16DGWwDyKcd4jsig7ehvTkeLmVTmebduAy
email: [email protected]
and everything has been replaced.

No, only admins can do that. They usually require a signed message though. If the guides above are not helping, let me know which wallet software/service you use. I can check whether they allow signing and make a guide is possible.

Also if people out there are reading this if you have not already stake a BTC address in meta.  It helps if you need to recover an account ever, as you have a address you can easily point to.

But be warned it can be a slow process.  Admin's are busy so can be take a bit.  And if stolen where 2 claim it's theirs it will take even longer I'm guessing.
Until this thread I wasn't aware we could use the forum address spot to prove ownership.

you have properly been too busy posting all over the place to get signature rewards instead of reading and educating yourself about the basics....

He could not read Meta.  If you don't read meta you will not see near as many of these.  Meta is full of them as it sadly happens to often it seems.   I suggest people to read Meta there really is some good info in it sometimes.

Make sure to stake a address in meta if you have not.  It could save you or others.

Exactly. Most people don't read the Meta forums, just like they don't read the Legal and etc. Most of the stuff in those isn't of real use to many people.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 26, 2015, 10:24:53 PM

No, only admins can do that. They usually require a signed message though. If the guides above are not helping, let me know which wallet software/service you use. I can check whether they allow signing and make a guide is possible.

Also if people out there are reading this if you have not already stake a BTC address in meta.  It helps if you need to recover an account ever, as you have a address you can easily point to.

But be warned it can be a slow process.  Admin's are busy so can be take a bit.  And if stolen where 2 claim it's theirs it will take even longer I'm guessing.
Until this thread I wasn't aware we could use the forum address spot to prove ownership.

you have properly been too busy posting all over the place to get signature rewards instead of reading and educating yourself about the basics....

He could not read Meta.  If you don't read meta you will not see near as many of these.  Meta is full of them as it sadly happens to often it seems.   I suggest people to read Meta there really is some good info in it sometimes.

Make sure to stake a address in meta if you have not.  It could save you or others.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
December 26, 2015, 06:51:48 PM
I don't know how I never came across this thread, but I just have to say thank you for these tutorials! I couldn't believe how many people struggle to sign messages from various wallets.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Captain
December 26, 2015, 06:44:22 PM

Also if people out there are reading this if you have not already stake a BTC address in meta.  It helps if you need to recover an account ever, as you have a address you can easily point to.

But be warned it can be a slow process.  Admin's are busy so can be take a bit.  And if stolen where 2 claim it's theirs it will take even longer I'm guessing.

Activity: 350
December 26, 2015, 06:16:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 1456
December 26, 2015, 03:18:44 PM

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
December 26, 2015, 01:26:46 PM
This guide is awesome and explains "signing a message" in very easy way and in detail..i wonder why this thread is not a sticky Cheesy
@shorena Have you considered talking to admin to make this thread a sticky so that no newbee look here and there asking for this "what is signing a message" question?

There was a thread asking for it to be stickied, yes. The answer was something along the lines of "we cant sticky all good threads", maybe an overview thread could be stickied. That wasnt stickied either. Just keep spreading it around Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 26, 2015, 01:08:41 PM
This guide is awesome and explains "signing a message" in very easy way and in detail..i wonder why this thread is not a sticky Cheesy
@shorena Have you considered talking to admin to make this thread a sticky so that no newbee look here and there asking for this "what is signing a message" question?
copper member
December 23, 2015, 06:14:02 PM

no signed message, its addres on yobit

Sorry, that means admins will probably not restore your account.
Activity: 686
December 23, 2015, 05:53:46 PM

no signed message, its addres on yobit
copper member
December 23, 2015, 11:56:59 AM

copper member
December 20, 2015, 04:12:45 PM
Brainwallet is back on the list via a mirror at http://wallet-2sx53n.sakurity.com/#verify

Since it was very popular I reinstated the pictures.
legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 17, 2015, 03:53:55 AM
very informative thread, this should be stickied for future reference.
Activity: 159
November 20, 2015, 03:12:28 PM
This is what I was looking for. Really helpful thread.
Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
November 20, 2015, 09:38:36 AM
it is really good thread i was having doubt of how to create sign message of my account and in this thread it clear gives me full details, thanks a lot
Activity: 868
November 03, 2015, 05:28:37 PM
Maybe I missed this or just don't understand, but what's the point in adding this signature?

Only the owner with access to the bitcoin address, can sign a message with that address.

Other people can see that the signed message comes from the true owner...
Activity: 140
November 03, 2015, 05:09:38 PM
Maybe I missed this or just don't understand, but what's the point in adding this signature?
copper member
October 14, 2015, 02:23:17 AM
Nice topic shorena, don't know how i didn't notice it.
I think that if someone could stick all useful links of the important posts in btctalk like this one in 1 sticky topic (like newbie readme which contains only the basics info) , it will be way helpful for all the forums members.

Thanks,

the thread is linked here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-list-of-official-bitcointalkorg-rules-guidelines-faq-703657
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 13, 2015, 08:28:47 PM
Nice topic shorena, don't know how i didn't notice it.
I think that if someone could stick all useful links of the important posts in btctalk like this one in 1 sticky topic (like newbie readme which contains only the basics info) , it will be way helpful for all the forums members.
copper member
October 04, 2015, 03:08:24 AM
-snip-
No but I mean if my message is 1 letter, and I sign that is pretty vulnerable no?

For example:

A

Signature:
Code:
HIIm9O/U1dSNYzGY7m+lOGeNQqUPGDsFK6Bt5Z0LuCZzELT4DAKSaGJ4d8BbmI/AkLulkpf8FJPfVSC4B7jUC64=

Address:
Code:
1DsnfQmQ8muzJD4wv8G3rkUYnRCCe6ysPq

Private Key:
Code:
-priv key-

The critical part here is that you publicly post your private key not that the message has a single symbol. DO NOT post your private key, ever. I will assume that you are smart enough and had a test private key setup for this.

Is there any way to reverse engineer the private key if I sign the message A with the private key, and reverse engineer the private key from the message with the public key?

No.

Here is this example i signed the message "A" with that private key and you get that signature. So i`m just curious if its possible to reverse engineer it because the message is very short?

No, as I said above it does not matter how long or short the message is you sign. Reversing the private key from a signed message is impossble.
Pages:
Jump to: