Pages:
Author

Topic: How to sign a message?! - page 31. (Read 141318 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 976
March 08, 2016, 01:36:47 AM
I made the idiotic decision to try the Blockchain Beta wallet, and for the life of me, I cannot find anywhere to sign a message with my address. Does anyone have information on how to sign a message with the Beta version of the wallet? Unfortunately, Blockchain does not allow you to revert back to the old wallet once you have tried the beta.

Thanks in advance!
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
February 10, 2016, 04:17:39 PM
I don't know if I have done it right but here it is.

Address:
1DADerDP2D9bpDmaBoJzaniKTVCTRratft

Message is :
Hi this is BitcoinSupremo in her first test to sign a
message. Hope I have done it right.
Its been done using Multibit Classic.

Signature after signing the message is:
IKbtXvyO6f5x+z3BgLVxZgHxSoUXxPJge7K9+Bq+UYp/T+rG0Kw/796M1xsbalNzZk64BFSAB8uC9DHl+WbpyEU=

Have I done something wrong ?

Message was not signed in by the specified address ?

What I am doing wrong.

Electrum says its good. Maybe you missed the trailing linebreak when trying to verify?

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
IKbtXvyO6f5x+z3BgLVxZgHxSoUXxPJge7K9+Bq+UYp/T+rG0Kw/796M1xsbalNzZk64BFSAB8uC9DHl+WbpyEU=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Thanks for showing me. As with many other things, its better to just make a test and see if it works than only read about it.

-snip-
Finally figured it out.
Here it is.
Address:
BitcoinSupremo
From
Bitcointalk
Signature:
H4YXOyIbxxIFNGBejJiuNsl0UGVSulE3fczOl4FY2K9cFQcamMeA6PNfH67rDhvDaoIzSVONmh04mjJ 8xELZ7bY=

This message was signed by the specified address.

Verified as well. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
February 10, 2016, 04:09:14 PM
I don't know if I have done it right but here it is.

Address:

Message is :

Signature after signing the message is:

Have I done something wrong ?

Message was not signed in by the specified address ?

What I am doing wrong.

Finally figured it out.
Here it is.
Address:
BitcoinSupremo
From
Bitcointalk
Signature:
H4YXOyIbxxIFNGBejJiuNsl0UGVSulE3fczOl4FY2K9cFQcamMeA6PNfH67rDhvDaoIzSVONmh04mjJ 8xELZ7bY=

This message was signed by the specified address.
copper member
February 10, 2016, 02:55:59 PM
I have not confused it. As you can see I am already at a signature now. But some signatures I have seen here they need a signed message for persons to be accepted. Thats why I learned how to sign a message and also to join signatures, nothing confusing. I fully understood like I said before.

Nice, so you will sign me a message with the address from your profile then?
copper member
February 10, 2016, 02:40:50 PM
I have not confused it. As you can see I am already at a signature now. But some signatures I have seen here they need a signed message for persons to be accepted. Thats why I learned how to sign a message and also to join signatures, nothing confusing. I fully understood like I said before.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
PMs blocked, send answers to main.
February 10, 2016, 02:02:07 PM
Thanks a lot, fully understood now.
What was you have been understood? Do you mean you have been understood how to make loans?  Grin

No I don't need loan, I have a normal amount of BTC but yeah I fully learned how to sign a message to join some signature.

Show us. From what you wrote here I have the feeling you confused signed message and signature campaigns.
copper member
February 04, 2016, 03:45:43 PM
What was you have been understood? Do you mean you have been understood how to make loans?  Grin

No I don't need loan, I have a normal amount of BTC but yeah I fully learned how to sign a message to join some signature.
copper member
February 04, 2016, 01:36:51 PM

They asked where the signature comes from a few posts ago on the previous page. As there are only pictures one might get the conclusion that you have to copy the signature from somewhere instead of generating it with a click.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
February 04, 2016, 11:43:01 AM
copper member
February 04, 2016, 10:43:05 AM
copper member
February 04, 2016, 09:13:10 AM
I have downloaded Electrum and Multibit. Using both as per users instructions in this forum in another thread of mine.

For electrum the signature will show up as soon as hit the OK button on the password entering window. Its marked as blue in the picture[1] in the OP.

Similarly for multibit classic the signature shows up after you hit "sign message" and is marked as blue here[2].

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345
copper member
February 04, 2016, 08:41:14 AM
I have downloaded Electrum and Multibit. Using both as per users instructions in this forum in another thread of mine.
copper member
February 04, 2016, 07:45:48 AM
This was so nice to read, I understood everything on how to sign a message except one thing???

Where do you find the signature Huh Couldn't find out. I can sign a message now but where is signature add  Huh

Sorry if this sound stupid, but I am not very familiar with BTC yet, although I have a decent amount sitting in my wallet.

which wallet software/service do you use?
copper member
February 04, 2016, 07:38:08 AM
This was so nice to read, I understood everything on how to sign a message except one thing???

Where do you find the signature Huh Couldn't find out. I can sign a message now but where is signature add  Huh

Sorry if this sound stupid, but I am not very familiar with BTC yet, although I have a decent amount sitting in my wallet.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
February 04, 2016, 12:11:26 AM
Thank you very much. If i wanna borrow i must sign a message on my wallet.  Cheesy
copper member
January 26, 2016, 06:01:10 AM
Wish I could have found this thread earlier ,things would have been quite easy. Smiley I want to know how do we verify a message using Electrum.I use coinig but don't really like it ,there is an option in Electrum to verify but not sure how to use it.I already tried copy pasting addresses and messages in the respective boxes but does not work.

Verification is very similar to signing with electrum. Put the message, the address and the signature in place and hit the verify button. When the signature is correct a small pop up comes up with "signature verified".

I still have not done the pictures for those, shame on me.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
「きみはこれ&#
January 26, 2016, 05:53:58 AM
Wish I could have found this thread earlier ,things would have been quite easy. Smiley I want to know how do we verify a message using Electrum.I use coinig but don't really like it ,there is an option in Electrum to verify but not sure how to use it.I already tried copy pasting addresses and messages in the respective boxes but does not work.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
January 07, 2016, 12:09:27 PM
Thanks a lot I have to say! I saw some messages like in OP quite often but I don't really know how to do that and what's that for but now as I am getting into running business to prove that there's nothing scammy I have to sign message and this helps me a lot! (It's kinda weird for a senior member for not knowing how to sign a message I think Grin but yep all I do is send and receive)
copper member
January 07, 2016, 04:13:33 AM
Has anyone else been having issues with verifying signed messages through Blocktrial?  I tried to verify someone else's message and I turned them down for a loan because of it.  Then I tried another person and got the same message.  So I tried my own, knowing it is right and it still did not verify.

Do you have an example? Sometimes people use specific symbols that are not as common and are not tested. If you can reproduce a valid signature that fails for blocktrail we can contact them for a fix. They are usually very responsive. You can also try to crosscheck with Chain Query.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
January 06, 2016, 09:40:35 PM
Has anyone else been having issues with verifying signed messages through Blocktrial?  I tried to verify someone else's message and I turned them down for a loan because of it.  Then I tried another person and got the same message.  So I tried my own, knowing it is right and it still did not verify.
Pages:
Jump to: