Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 39. (Read 113299 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 25, 2014, 07:38:54 AM
My SP31(s) will be hosted with Toomim too! Can't wait!
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
August 25, 2014, 03:22:07 AM
From the time I sent my email to when it was fixed was less than 20 minutes.  Pretty amazing turnaround time considering he had to re-seat cards.
Electric hand drills with screwdriver bits are awesome.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 24, 2014, 01:18:30 PM
I wanted to share my experience with Toomim Bros.

I dropped off my S2s with them yesterday.  Jonathan had my miners hashing within minutes.  Their facility is impressive.  Miner temps were all in the 49-50 range.

After returning home, I noticed that one miner was only hashing at around 600 GH/s.  From the time I sent my email to when it was fixed was less than 20 minutes.  Pretty amazing turnaround time considering he had to re-seat cards.

So "two thumbs up" from me.  I'm very pleased so far.

August 23, 2014, 08:00:01 PM
some eye candy ...

http://Toom.im
Video of our DC, with a bit of SP30 and SP10 action at around 3m00s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQ-YIDmsBc

Does anyone know of a way to embed Youtube videos on this forum?
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
August 23, 2014, 05:39:23 AM
some eye candy ...

http://Toom.im
Video of our DC, with a bit of SP30 and SP10 action at around 3m00s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQ-YIDmsBc

http://www.polivka-gmbh.com
Exhaust Fan 1

Exhaust Fan 2

Fresh Air fans with filters

Will post pictures regarding temperatures soon. Redundant Internet will follow this week.

Thanks.

QG
August 23, 2014, 03:17:51 AM
I'm not fully aware of hosting issues. But are we properly covered in the case of major disruption issues (machines stolen, hardware damaged, etc...) ?
Is there an insurance ? And what about the contract  ?

Our insurance policy is essentially the same as flyonwall's, since I got it through the same agent (thanks Carlos!). Only difference is that we're insured to $600,000 (for now) instead of $100,000, since we're a bigger operation. I believe the insurance covers theft by third parties and hardware damage due to fire and similar events.

We're still working on our Terms of Service agreement/contract thing, but if you want, I could PM you our current draft.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
August 22, 2014, 11:02:22 PM
minor updates to some already listed hosting providers. Removed red font from Feedbacks as I decided I wasn't going to judge whether a feedback is neg. or positive. Links are there purely for the convenience for readers to read feedbacks. Not to be used to judge how reputable a listing is.

Cheers,
QG
i want my SP30 already...

Ive got some Sp30s, they are shiny.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
August 22, 2014, 10:37:07 PM
Oh also, between Tubes and Technobit Minion boards, we're full up.
August 22, 2014, 10:32:42 PM
minor updates to some already listed hosting providers. Removed red font from Feedbacks as I decided I wasn't going to judge whether a feedback is neg. or positive. Links are there purely for the convenience for readers to read feedbacks. Not to be used to judge how reputable a listing is.

Cheers,
QG
i want my SP30 already...
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
RockStable Token Inc
August 19, 2014, 03:36:22 PM
and you may have real problems getting your equipment past angry landlords if they have gone under owning money.

Indeed, this happened to me. I was hosting one SP10 and one Cointerra with a company in Oregon, and they ran into financial difficulties and couldn't pay their landlord. After they defaulted on rent and electricity, their landlord locked them out of their warehouse, and wouldn't allow them to return my equipment to me. I called the landlord directly, but he couldn't legally allow me access to their space either. I ended up paying them a few hundred dollars over what I owed them to help them get me my machines back. It was practically extortion. Not fun.

They had a good insurance policy. I don't think it covered bankruptcy due to mismanagement. I guess I forgot to ask.

(For what it's worth, we paid our landlords 6 months' rent in advance.)

I'm not fully aware of hosting issues. But are we properly covered in the case of major disruption issues (machines stolen, hardware damaged, etc...) ?

For what it's worth, I am posting here a link to a portion of the policy document we got from Liberty Mutual. My purpose in publishing this is for people to comment on what we and our clients are covered for. I believe it mentions coverage or non-coverage in case of machines stolen or hardware damaged, but rather than review it again myself, I invite people to review it and comment.

Liberty Mutual Coverage
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
August 19, 2014, 08:18:26 AM
and you may have real problems getting your equipment past angry landlords if they have gone under owning money.

Indeed, this happened to me. I was hosting one SP10 and one Cointerra with a company in Oregon, and they ran into financial difficulties and couldn't pay their landlord. After they defaulted on rent and electricity, their landlord locked them out of their warehouse, and wouldn't allow them to return my equipment to me. I called the landlord directly, but he couldn't legally allow me access to their space either. I ended up paying them a few hundred dollars over what I owed them to help them get me my machines back. It was practically extortion. Not fun.

They had a good insurance policy. I don't think it covered bankruptcy due to mismanagement. I guess I forgot to ask.

August 15, 2014, 07:16:42 PM
WIP Last update: 2014-08-16
UNITED STATES of AMERICA
=====================
URL: https://hashplex.com
Price: $99/kw per mth, 1 kw min. $89/kw per mth, 30 kw min. (min. 1 year).
Comment: Opens September 8th 2014
=====================
URL: http://hashingplex.com (Genitrust, Inc)
Price: $99/mth per 1 kW, $89/mth per 1 kW for 25+ total kW. 6 month contracts. Quote for 100+ kW.
Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miner-hosting-available-now-with-hashing-plex-725967
=====================
I had mixed up a new listing in the directory earlier this week.. also some feedbacks have been updated.

Even more EDIT: Please do your own due-diligence when engaging a hosting provider. Anyone can submit a listing and feedback and little to no authenticity or legitimacy is vetted. Businesses can fail or be mismanaged and your h/w can be confiscated by creditors. Consider decentralizing and host h/w with a number of providers, not just one.
Cheers,
QG
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
August 15, 2014, 04:13:44 AM
Activity: 714
August 15, 2014, 03:41:14 AM
Toom.im bros hosting experience update.

As previously stated I sent some sp30s to jtoomim´s hosting facility after getting a stellar video tour and answers to any questions I could think of regarding hosting, power and cooling.

This is a first update with impressions of the service so far, and I must say I am very impressed.

Shipping from spondoolies to the hosting facility took only 2 days, the units left Israel on Tuesday and arrived Thursday 11:30am. (Thanks go out to fedex here)

Within 15 minutes of delivery, my units were set up and ready to hash, I even got another short video of my units sitting in the rack.

I was able to get access to the webUI, although they would have gladly set up the unit via email/skype/facetime provided information. (I guess that should cover everyone Wink )

The units perform well at the advertised 4.5TH.
The built-in temperature sensor reported 25°C on a hot day (without the actual cooling systems online) and 21°C on a normal day (with 1/14th of the evaporative coolers running).
From experience I can say that spondoolies temperature sensors typically report ~3°C higher than what the actual intake temperature is, and this was confirmed via thermal camera. (although 25°C is nothing to worry about)

I am therefore quite certain that temperatures should not exceed 25°C on a hot Washington day and with winter approaching, airflow should be more than sufficient to cool your units to even lower temperatures.

I am happy to say that jtoomim is very knowledgeable about sp30s and sp10s, aswell as bitcoin mining in general, and offered tips on how to further improve unit stability and performance.

Finally, I am very pleased with the pricing for this service, which to my knowledge is industry-leading (feel free to correct me though), and certainly lower than what spondoolies themselves offer
(which in fairness is not meant to be a long-term solution, and is provided at-cost).

I am quite certain jtoomim is still offering video tours of his hosting site for anyone interested in hosting (but please don´t only use it as an excuse to see a pile of hashing sp30s Wink, although it is a great sight).

RockStable Token Inc
August 15, 2014, 01:56:12 AM
We got 50+ units currently running. Who wants to host them?

What insurance do all these new companies have to protect the equipment in case they go under, run off with the equipment etc.?

Good question, although I would suggest that you might want to look at taking out your own insurance if these scenarios worry you - their insurance may or may not cover you for your equipment, and you may have real problems getting your equipment past angry landlords if they have gone under owning money.

We'd also be very interested in hosting your units, we've been around in the IT services industry for decades and running data centres for many years with lots of customers from individually owned bitcoin miners through to large financial institutions. We charge Euro90/kW/month.

Yes, the kind of insurance coverage that the hosting company can buy would not protect the miner owner in case the hosting company went bankrupt or "runs off with the equipment". You just have to trust the hosting company. We just got started last March, and so like most everybody else here we don't have much track record. Centerus Inc has been in existence as a corporation in Washington since 2009. I am not secretive about who I am. My name is Carlos C Tapang, and you can search for my name (I hope you find only good things about me Smiley).
RockStable Token Inc
August 15, 2014, 01:44:52 AM
jtoomim, I just PMd you about the insurance agency.
August 14, 2014, 07:57:34 PM

Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
August 14, 2014, 06:26:34 PM
Our facility is covered under general liability / disasters, but we require our clients to get their own insurance if they would like to cover their machines anything more than that.

Our 2nd facility was just completed, looks like we will have room for about 100 Sp30s to start.
Activity: 11
Merit: 2
August 14, 2014, 04:26:59 PM
We got 50+ units currently running. Who wants to host them?

What insurance do all these new companies have to protect the equipment in case they go under, run off with the equipment etc.?

Good question, although I would suggest that you might want to look at taking out your own insurance if these scenarios worry you - their insurance may or may not cover you for your equipment, and you may have real problems getting your equipment past angry landlords if they have gone under owning money.

We'd also be very interested in hosting your units, we've been around in the IT services industry for decades and running data centres for many years with lots of customers from individually owned bitcoin miners through to large financial institutions. We charge Euro90/kW/month.
August 14, 2014, 04:04:06 PM
You need to talk to a local insurance agent. We called several, until we found somebody who spent the time and took a look at our setup. It took him sometime also to find an insurance company willing to do it. Liberty Mutual is it.

Thanks. Would you be willing to give me the name of your insurance agent via PM? We're probably about 1.5 hours away from him, and could pay him travel costs. If you prefer to keep that info private, that's fine too.
Pages:
Jump to: