Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 42. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
July 18, 2014, 07:15:57 AM
Update to directory this week:
WIP Last update: 2014-07-18
ASIA / PACIFIC
=====================
URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.00
Price: 110$ per kw (See thread for details, search for "The introduction of our data center")
Comment: Operator is pcfli
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.00
=====================
EURO
=====================
URL: http://www.polivka-gmbh.com/
Price: Prices will be around 0.1 € per kWh plus a little fee for the space - details will follow. Non-EU customers don't have to pay VAT!
Comment: From beginning of August. Operator is Polivka GmbH
Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coming-soon-minerhosting-in-a-hydro-power-plant-in-austria-from-01-kwh-699020
=====================

Welcome AUSTRIA and CHINA!!

Stats updates of my hosted h/w:

Mich-Colo stepped it up again with further reduction in temps, now 27c. Only just saw this, hope it sticks. 1.48ths Smiley (gaederopus)

GekkoScience cools to 24-25c at nights. (princeps, linguaefelis)

Cheers,
QG

PS: CHINA miners check out NEW Chinese mainland mining node cn.ozco.in:3333 and cn.ozco.in:80 (https://ozcoin.net)
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
July 16, 2014, 07:49:40 PM
From the Spondoolies thread:

not to put pressure on you, but is that datacenter coming?  Smiley
what's causing the holdup?
smaller retail spaces in Houston are being renovated in a day or two max as long as sq footage is profitable...
is energy commitment causes the holdup?
sorry to putting you on the spot, but you do talk about your upcoming facility here...

Yes, it's coming along. I'm in the warehouse right now, and we've got a lot of equipment in here. Still a lot that's been ordered and is yet to arrive, and still some to order.

One of the big holdups was actually finding a suitable location. We're not doing a small 20 kW mine. We're aiming for the better part of a megawatt. That restricts the list of candidate sites considerably. We were looking for landlords that wouldn't mind us making substantial modifications to the building's ventilation and electrical systems, and that had plenty of space for expansion. We found something eventually, but not until about 15 days ago.

Now it's just a matter of getting all the parts, making sure everything from the transformers to the lugs are matched, getting the building and electrical permits, and installing everything. It's a lot of work, and a lot of money, and the more we rush it the more expensive mistakes we (mostly I) make.

I've been working on it for months, and we're starting to get close. I'm hoping to turn it all on around August 10th if things go well. If things don't go well, we'll have a pile of dormant SP30s--mostly mine and my brother's, plus a few belonging to our mom and some of our close friends. After we're online, we'll start taking outside customers.

No, energy commitment is not an issue. We've got power committed from the utility up to the capacity of our primary transformer.
July 16, 2014, 07:34:25 PM
From the Spondoolies Tech thread:

I'm interested to know more about your DC plans.

How will it be cooled?

Does the 1.05PUE include the four 15w fans per sp30?

What is the infrastructure $/w? (Excluding the cost of the asics)

Does your fancy cooling method require extra cash or space?

What's the total capacity of the DC? MW? Square feet?

Lots of air.

No. Those don't add much, though -- about 2.18%.

That's for me to know and for you to speculate on. (Edit: I actually don't know yet myself, to be honest. I'm still encountering nasty and expensive surprises on occasion.)

Not much of either.

Our first DC will be around 5000 sq ft. Capacity for our initial buildout will probably be about 800 kW, but we've only committed to about 400-500 kW so far. We may upgrade this location to about 3 MW eventually, or we might leave it at 800 kW and just build other locations at the multi-MW scale. Still some decisions to be made.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
July 16, 2014, 06:46:36 PM

1. 40kw per rack requires extreme (and extremely expensive) cooling. I think most datacenters being built in 2015+ will use immersion cooling.
3. I think it's about time to just make the switch over to immersion cooling. There's really no competition. Even with 40C dT air cooling still can't match the density or efficiency of immersion cooling.

1. I don't think so. If you do it the traditional datacenter way, with in-aisle air conditioners or water cooling loops with water chillers on the roof, then yes, it's expensive. I think there's a better way. I should know in late August if it works. It will likely be cheaper than immersion cooling.
3. I expect my DC's PUE to be under 1.05 (not including transformer losses, substation losses, and voltage drop losses). That might be higher than Allied Control's claimed 1.01, but not by much. (Their 1.01 figure certainly doesn't include any of the electrical losses I mentioned, since a transformer's efficiency is essentially never above 99%.)

I'm interested to know more about your DC plans.

How will it be cooled?

Does the 1.05PUE include the four 15w fans per sp30?

What is the infrastructure $/w? (Excluding the cost of the asics)

Does your fancy cooling method require extra cash or space?

What's the total capacity of the DC? MW? Square feet?
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2014, 06:38:25 PM
sushi is saying that you can fit 3 S3 antminers in 4U rack space and 10 shelves in 42U space, hence 30 S3 in 42U cabinet.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s3-440ghs-miner-697474
This would require ~10.2 kw/ 42U space.
is this doable-hosting guys?
I have seen mostly 20A and 30A offers at 208V, which is only 4.16 to 6.24kw

I don't like 10 kW per 42U. I'm aiming for around 50 kW per 42U. At only 10 kW per 42U, most of our infrastructure would become more expensive (longer ducts and electrical circuits), and we'd run out of floor space somewhat quickly. I'll take a look and see if I can do it more densely. If not, maybe we'll put it off until we have our second building (which might have a lot more floor space). I'll have to do some calculations myself too and see if I can get it more dense than 10 kW.
That's over 170,000 BTU's in a 42U rack (about 35 cubic feet). What type of cooling to you have which can do that? That's pretty intense.
July 16, 2014, 06:33:07 PM
sushi is saying that you can fit 3 S3 antminers in 4U rack space and 10 shelves in 42U space, hence 30 S3 in 42U cabinet.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s3-440ghs-miner-697474

I don't like 10 kW per 42U. I'm aiming for around 50 kW per 42U. At only 10 kW per 42U, most of our infrastructure would become more expensive (longer ducts and electrical circuits), and we'd run out of floor space somewhat quickly. I'll take a look and see if I can do it more densely. If not, maybe we'll put it off until we have our second building (which might have a lot more floor space). I'll have to do some calculations myself too and see if I can get it more dense than 10 kW.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2014, 05:54:43 PM
1. What do you guys think is a fair premium for non-rackmountable hardware like Ants or Neptunes? I've got some shelves in the warehouse here, and I've been considering setting up an Ant farm if there's enough demand for it, and if people are willing to pay for the extra time and money it will cost to set it up and cool it. This is a premium on top of our standard rates, which will be around $90/kW for 1 month (no contract), or as low as $70/kW for 18 month pre-pay.

2. What do you guys think of the name Freedom Farm? We want to do our part to keep Bitcoin free and decentralized, while simultaneously staying nearly 100% greenhouse gas emissions-free. Also, alliteration. Yes? No? What about the name Crypto Cache? How about Columbia Localhost? (We're powered by the Columbia River.)

Guess it depends on if you are using a datacenter which has rack power-density limits.
Some do, and they limit the KW/rack they allow.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
July 16, 2014, 05:51:41 PM
We'd be building flexible shelving instead of using server racks, and running wire and circuits as needed for the customer's specific setup, so... yes.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
July 16, 2014, 05:44:29 PM
1. What do you guys think is a fair premium for non-rackmountable hardware like Ants or Neptunes? I've got some shelves in the warehouse here, and I've been considering setting up an Ant farm if there's enough demand for it, and if people are willing to pay for the extra time and money it will cost to set it up and cool it. This is a premium on top of our standard rates, which will be around $90/kW for 1 month (no contract), or as low as $70/kW for 18 month pre-pay.

2. What do you guys think of the name Freedom Farm? We want to do our part to keep Bitcoin free and decentralized, while simultaneously staying nearly 100% greenhouse gas emissions-free. Also, alliteration. Yes? No? What about the name Crypto Cache? How about Columbia Localhost? (We're powered by the Columbia River.)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 16, 2014, 12:44:35 PM
How about Big-ass Bitcoin  Grin

Hardcore Hashing?

Maximum Mining?

Turnkey Technologies?

That way you have your alliteration and a memorable name  Tongue
July 16, 2014, 12:36:12 PM

Activity: 11
Merit: 2
July 14, 2014, 05:41:51 PM
I can recommend Brian (Brian_AdvaniaThor), just arranged to host two SP10 at Advania with him. Quick replies and great service ... hope this follows through when they reach Iceland.

I'll update when they are up and running.

Update: After TNT took an extra day or 2 to deliver, Advania got my SP10s racked and mining within 24 hours, so very pleased.

Intake temps don't fluctuate more than 2 degrees at most (In the range of 19°C to 21°C).

As I write they are showing:

Miner 1 shows: 20 °C intake / 67,79 °C @ 1.42 Th/s
Miner 2 shows: 20 °C intake / 69,70 °C @ 1.44 Th/s

Seriously thinking of sending the SP30s on order there as well.

Great - glad to hear all are running well, and thanks for the review!
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
July 14, 2014, 04:13:15 PM
I can recommend Brian (Brian_AdvaniaThor), just arranged to host two SP10 at Advania with him. Quick replies and great service ... hope this follows through when they reach Iceland.

I'll update when they are up and running.

Update: After TNT took an extra day or 2 to deliver, Advania got my SP10s racked and mining within 24 hours, so very pleased.

Intake temps don't fluctuate more than 2 degrees at most (In the range of 19°C to 21°C).

As I write they are showing:

Miner 1 shows: 20 °C intake / 67,79 °C @ 1.42 Th/s
Miner 2 shows: 20 °C intake / 69,70 °C @ 1.44 Th/s

Seriously thinking of sending the SP30s on order there as well.

legendary
July 14, 2014, 10:05:01 AM
We have a minimum threshold of customers that would need to be met for sustainability, and we're trying to gauge whether we'd have that threshold before moving forward. Right now interested parties are lined up to the tune of about 2/3 of what we'd need.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 14, 2014, 09:47:05 AM
So, I've been hosting some of QG's hardware on a test basis for a month or so now, and he can comment on the level of service he's received.

We're looking at the feasibility of expanding to general hosting, which should be available in August if we can do it (decisions need to be made in the next few days). What we're looking at is a basic no-frills service aimed toward small- or mid-level miners that are just tired of paying high utilities.

So if anyone has any commentary on that plan, feel free to ask. This idea started as a way to help some of the community, and if we're gonna move forward on it we pretty much need to know within the next few days. We'd have to secure at least 30KW of customers in order to be sustainable so we're looking at taking a pretty big "leap of faith" and want to know what the general opinion is.

Personally, I presently host my equip at home, but this seems like it might be a good option going forward. I checked on your website and didn't see any location info (if this was posted earlier, I apologize... didn't see it). Where are you located out of? Edit: saw it right after I clicked post.

Please let me know once you finalize your plans.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
July 13, 2014, 05:11:42 PM
What do you mean unrealistic? It's the default projection which the tool provides based on recent history.
The difficulty should be around 41G in Sept, which is where it starts, and grows 20% from their each increment.
Is this not realistic?

I don't want to start a difficulty speculation talk here, but it's impossible that the hashrate will double in one month. You can't add 125PH overnight. It takes time, money etc.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
July 13, 2014, 11:59:12 AM
So, I've been hosting some of QG's hardware on a test basis for a month or so now, and he can comment on the level of service he's received.
As a basic no-frills service, I have had zero issues to report and everything has been efficiently and professionally handled.

Stats from my 2 x SP10 hosted at http://www.gekkoscience.com (princeps, linguaefelis)

More Screens of my SP10s: http://imgur.com/a/XFVOJ

You'll notice a little gap in linguaefelis (bottom pic) Last Month hash graph. That's when it took a 30 hour road trip from its previous hosting provider before Sidehack.

Directory updated:
WIP Last update: 2014-07-13
=====================
URL: http://www.gekkoscience.com/
Price: Total monthly fees for an S3 (or equivalent 400W device) would be about $39, and for a high-clocked SP10 (or equivalent 1.4KW device) would be about $138. Plus setup fees. See post for details (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7814500).
Comment: Operator is sidehack (aka Kittan)
Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/server-power-supply-interface-board-for-standalone-miners-and-gpu-rigs-379677
=====================

Cheers,
QG

Extract from IRC:
Code:
[14:58:25] <+QG> kittan; as it stands, i don't see why i wouldn't send my SP30 your way come Aug :) i prefer dealing with smaller btc ops/ventures, support the community.
[14:59:25] <+kittan> And supporting the community of smaller btc ops is what we do best. At least, that's the plan.
Activity: 714
July 13, 2014, 05:00:50 AM
Interested, sent you a pm.

Especially the ability to also host S3s and possibly other non-rackmountable equipment looks like a big plus.

Power supplys at low cost also sounds great!
legendary
July 12, 2014, 11:37:20 PM

We're looking at the feasibility of expanding to general hosting, which should be available in August if we can do it (decisions need to be made in the next few days). What we're looking at is a basic no-frills service aimed toward small- or mid-level miners that are just tired of paying high utilities. Everything we've done for the bitcoin community (overclock kits, hardware repair, power supplies...) has had in mind to make things easier for regular folks to keep up with the deep pockets of giants so that's what we're wanting to do again. We're not really even looking at turning a profit, just basic sustainability and helping cover rent on the building.

Our expected maximum capacity would be about 80KW of 208VAC, and we'd institute a per-customer cap of 15KW to make sure we keep room for the regular guys and won't be bought out by big farmers. We are the little guys, so we support the little guys.

The proposed fee structure is as follows:

One-time setup fees:
- $25 power installation (paid once per customer, covers metering install)
- $10 remote access setup fee (paid once per customer, optional if you want VPN access to your hardware)
- $10 installation and setup fee (paid once per machine/connection)
- $20 host computer setup fee (paid once per machine, optional if you need a host computer for anything to run from)

Recurring monthly:
- $10 per month remote access fee (optional, for VPN access)
- $30 per KW draw, no minimum per machine
--- So if you have an S3 drawing 400W, your use fee is $12 ($30*0.4)
--- but if you have an SP10 drawing 1.4KW your use fee is $42 ($30*1.4)
- $0.095 per KWh of metered power draw
--- So an S3 at 400W draw would charge $27.36 in energy in 30 days
--- and an SP10 at 1.4KW would charge $95.76 in energy in 30 days

The "per machine" designation basically means "per internet connection", so if you had 10 mining boards on a common USB connection to one computer, it would be considered one machine instead of 10. So the installation fee for 10 minion boards or hashfast boards or whatever, tied into one computer, would be $30: $10 for the boards and $20 for imaging and setting up cgminer on a lightweight laptop. If you had a standalone machine like an S3 or SP10, the installation fee is just the $10.
Total monthly fees for an S3 (or equivalent 400W device) would be about $39, and for a high-clocked SP10 (or equivalent 1.4KW device) would be about $138.

For the first and last months, which will be partial months, the entire use fee (of $30/KW draw) will be charged. Think of it as the month's non-prorated rent for the shelfspace and power outlet. The utilities fee will only be charged on actual metered use for the partial months. Total month pricing (for a 30-day month) can be estimated as $98.40/KW draw. Invoices (either BTC or PayPal) would be sent out on the first business day of each month billing the previous month's fees. Initial setup fees would have to be paid up front, at or before the time the hardware is received for installation.

We make no uptime guarantees, but we'll have our own machines and our own servers on the same power and internet service so we'll already be doing our best to maximize uptime. There's no real good way to set up backup power, but we will probably be setting up redundant internet in case we have service issues. There's also no ambient-temperature guarantee, but peak ambient temperature expectations are below 40C with 22C-32C being a more typical daily range. This is designed to be basic no-frills service, so you won't be paying for uninterruptible power and industrial chillers because we don't have any.

We will provide PSU equipment (from our server PSU interface setups) for sale at the maximum bulk-pricing discount, or for monthly lease at one-third the discounted sale price. D750 (750-800W) PSUs will sell for $55 per PSU/Board/4-cables, and a DPS2K (2000-2500W PSU) will sell for $149 for a PSU/Board/12x36"-cables. If you purchase the supply, we will ship it with your equipment (if you request it) when it's time for your equipment to leave our facility. We will maintain any leased supplies, replacing failures as necessary at no expense to the customer.

So if anyone has any commentary on that plan, feel free to ask. This idea started as a way to help some of the community, and if we're gonna move forward on it we pretty much need to know within the next few days. We'd have to secure at least 30KW of customers in order to be sustainable so we're looking at taking a pretty big "leap of faith" and want to know what the general opinion is.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
July 11, 2014, 11:30:19 PM
We now have a internal private p2pnode available to customers, currently has ~20TH on it.
Pages:
Jump to: