Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 40. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100
RockStable Token Inc
August 14, 2014, 03:25:10 PM
Insurance. The assurances and tours will be for the insurance company's benefit.

Our hardware consists mostly of SP10 with a handful of 30's. Movement of most within 14 days.

Why not have someone establish a relationship now with an insurance company where you are, detail what is what. Once established even if it is necessary a foreign entity like us would consider taking out our own policy with them covering our concerns in your operation provided the rates are reasonable. You would need to establish this; detail what mining is and everything related to it and hosting. Then you could introduce us so that we do not have to explain everything to them including who you are and what it is all about, and review what exactly it is that they could offer and for how much.

It's mostly a matter of me having way too many other things to do and the employees of mine who don't have too many things to do not knowing how to explain things in order to placate the flighty insurers. Part of it also is the fact that we only filed our LLC paperwork last week. Also, most of the insurance companies we've talked to simply refuse to insure datacenters, due to the enormous liabilities involved with data loss. The rest are taking their sweet time getting back to us. It's been a constant struggle to convince them that we don't have any data to lose, and we're just trying to insure the hardware. Trying to explain what bitcoin mining to insurance agencies would be ever so much more difficult. We'll do it soon, but this isn't something that we can accomplish in an hour or two.

We can handle your machines now. Do you have mounting brackets for the SP10s, or will we need to order some more? We only have 9 in stock right now.

You need to talk to a local insurance agent. We called several, until we found somebody who spent the time and took a look at our setup. It took him sometime also to find an insurance company willing to do it. Liberty Mutual is it.
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
August 14, 2014, 02:43:38 PM
By the way, flyonwall, I notice your webpage lists SP30 as being 2.64 kW for 4.5 TH/s. My experience is that they use closer to 3.0 or 2.9 kW. You may want to update your website.

Performance of the SP30s we had in our DC yesterday:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8341428
August 14, 2014, 02:05:31 PM
Insurance. The assurances and tours will be for the insurance company's benefit.

Our hardware consists mostly of SP10 with a handful of 30's. Movement of most within 14 days.

Why not have someone establish a relationship now with an insurance company where you are, detail what is what. Once established even if it is necessary a foreign entity like us would consider taking out our own policy with them covering our concerns in your operation provided the rates are reasonable. You would need to establish this; detail what mining is and everything related to it and hosting. Then you could introduce us so that we do not have to explain everything to them including who you are and what it is all about, and review what exactly it is that they could offer and for how much.

It's mostly a matter of me having way too many other things to do and the employees of mine who don't have too many things to do not knowing how to explain things in order to placate the flighty insurers. Part of it also is the fact that we only filed our LLC paperwork last week. Also, most of the insurance companies we've talked to simply refuse to insure datacenters, due to the enormous liabilities involved with data loss. The rest are taking their sweet time getting back to us. It's been a constant struggle to convince them that we don't have any data to lose, and we're just trying to insure the hardware. Trying to explain what bitcoin mining to insurance agencies would be ever so much more difficult. We'll do it soon, but this isn't something that we can accomplish in an hour or two.

We can handle your machines now. Do you have mounting brackets for the SP10s, or will we need to order some more? We only have 9 in stock right now.
RockStable Token Inc
August 14, 2014, 01:57:33 PM
We are covered by a policy from Liberty Mutual. I can send you email with a scan of the insurance policy, just PM me.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
August 14, 2014, 01:33:32 PM

August 14, 2014, 12:18:29 PM
We got 50+ units currently running. Who wants to host them?

What insurance do all these new companies have to protect the equipment in case they go under, run off with the equipment etc.?

50 SP30s or SP10s? We could host them all, in either case. Delivery date?

We (Toom.im) don't have insurance yet, but we'll get it soon. I intend to get liability insurance, plus insurance against theft or fire. I've been more focused on getting the datacenter to work than on the business side of things so far. By the way, were you asking literally about insurance, or more generally about assurance?

We're not likely to go bankrupt, as we're backed with a pretty sizeable chunk of change (we may be able to provide you proof of this if you want). We are also unlikely to take your equipment and run, since we're heavily invested into keeping this datacenter running (we have 67 SP30s of our own coming), and we have our names and identities published with respect to this operation. If you can think of any other assurances you'd want from us, name them, and we can try to provide them.

I'll give you (or anyone else) a tour of my DC via Skype (id: jtoomim), Facetime ([email protected]).
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
August 14, 2014, 11:38:01 AM
Ah. I could take in about 5 SP30 or 10 SP10 but we have a 15kW-per-customer limit because we'd rather help out regular folks than high rollers that already get the breaks. Unless you want to go piecemeal with your hardware, I can't really do much for you.
August 14, 2014, 11:34:28 AM
Spondoolies-Tech hardware.
legendary
August 14, 2014, 10:59:58 AM
50+ units of what?
August 14, 2014, 09:20:53 AM
We got 50+ units currently running. Who wants to host them?

What insurance do all these new companies have to protect the equipment in case they go under, run off with the equipment etc.?

August 13, 2014, 10:10:51 PM
Toom.im hosting update:

We're online. Our first customer's SP30s arrived two days ago. Our second customer's arrive tomorrow. Our 250V transformer is online. We have approximately 200 kW of unclaimed capacity available immediately.

Our cooling and hot air containment systems aren't completed yet, but we have enough of it online to keep temps around 24°C to 30°C. This should improve significantly over the next few weeks.

We have four SP30s and one SP10 running so far. All of the SP30s are getting over 4.45 TH/s, and the SP10 is getting 1491 GH/s.
legendary
August 10, 2014, 03:29:19 PM
GekkoHosting update:

ISP should be delivering interwebs to the shop tomorrow afternoon, so the cellular giblet that's been running without issue for a week now will be set back to failover. We're focusing on the move this week, but still expecting a few miners to show up and we'll try to get all hardware operating within 24 hours. After this week, service should be quicker. VPN access isn't available yet as we haven't set up the software yet because "we" are basically two guys that already worked collectively over 120 hours last week (that's just the M-F hours, weekends had more) trying to keep up with everything else that's been externally delayed or otherwise schedule-changed so we could keep this week free for the move.

We should also have a "hosting" page set up on our website, with a rate estimate calculator, and any inquiries can be directed to [email protected]

There's also a first-draft "terms of service" document if anyone has any questions. http://www.gekkoscience.com/misc/terms_of_service_v1.pdf
RockStable Token Inc
August 10, 2014, 03:21:23 AM
Thinking of ordering a few S3 Antminers, but not sure where to host them? If you entrust your S3 Antimers with us, you don't have to order the power supplies separately. We provide the power supplies and everything else needed to get your S3 mining for you within 24 hours of arrival. All you have to do is place your order with BitmainTech.com, and have the Antminers shipped to us. Email us the tracking numbers and your mining setup details (pool and miner data). At the same time, send us an initial payment of N * 0.125 BTC, where N is the number of S3s you are shipping to us. When we receive your email, we will send you back our standard hosting agreement for your signature.

We will have your S3 Antminers mining for you within 24 hours of delivery to us.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 09, 2014, 04:48:56 AM
..., but didn't like the upfront payment and decided to move to Advania even if the price is slightly higher.
I didn't like that upfront 6 months payment either.

Would be nice to get temps like you do at Advania, but I've decided to return to hosting with GekkoSci and Mich-Colo. Aug. SP30 unit going to GekkoSci and I just bought (via your Affiliate link Smiley another SP30 Sept. Batch 2 which is addressed to Mich-Colo. Although I could look into Toom.im's setup. Maybe when the faster SP30 Oct comes out.. fingers X.

Cheers,
QG

Thank you very much! As a token of appreciation I have added this thread to my sig  Cool

Regarding Advania temps I don't know why but a couple a days ago I saw some 26-28 degrees temps and I was shocked, but it was only temporary and while they are not back to 16 they are around 23 right now.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
August 09, 2014, 03:44:50 AM
..., but didn't like the upfront payment and decided to move to Advania even if the price is slightly higher.
I didn't like that upfront 6 months payment either.

Would be nice to get temps like you do at Advania, but I've decided to return to hosting with GekkoSci and Mich-Colo. Aug. SP30 unit going to GekkoSci and I just bought (via your Affiliate link Smiley another SP30 Sept. Batch 2 which is addressed to Mich-Colo. Although I could look into Toom.im's setup. Maybe when the faster SP30 Oct comes out.. fingers X.

Cheers,
QG
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 09, 2014, 02:16:42 AM
$300USD per month and locked in for 6 months. No thanks... I wonder how much it will cost after the 6 months?

Cheers,
QG

While it may not be the best or the most flexible offer, my opinion is that it's still a decent offer.Europeans get higher power costs than in the US and the fact that it's a noise-less and heat-less option it makes it decent.I had offers for 500+EUR for hosting an SP30 in a DC Smiley I  also must confess that I was ready to do with this offer, but didn't like the upfront payment and decided to move to Advania even if the price is slightly higher.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
August 08, 2014, 09:45:29 PM
WIP Last update: 2014-08-08

UNITED STATES of AMERICA
=====================
URL: http://Toom.im
Price: $70 to $90/kW/month, price dependent on contract length (1, 3, 6 or 12 mths). SP30s for $210 to $270 per mth.
Comment: Opening August/September. Operator is jtoomim (Skype ID: jtoomim; Facetime: [email protected])
=====================
Single new listing this this week.

Titan DC (Spondoolies's contracted datacenter) is doing a deal for RoadStress' Aug. SP30 Group Buy.

Code:
Due to the deviation from the original specification we have decided to subsidize the difference in power costs from the original planned power consumption.

Costs for the hosting plan will be as follows:
* 1 Month of free hosting
* 5 Months hosting for $310 each
* $100 Setup fees
* $150 Bulk shipping cost

The total for the above fees is $1,800 for a period of 6 months.

If you have would like to take advantage of the offer please do so before August 11.

$300USD per month and locked in for 6 months. No thanks... I wonder how much it will cost after the 6 months?

Cheers,
QG
August 07, 2014, 03:56:27 PM
Hey QG, I'm getting a lot of questions from people who don't want to multiply $70/kW/month by 3 kW. Can you also list SP30s for $210 to $270 per month on our blurb? Tyvm.
legendary
August 05, 2014, 03:42:30 PM
You're not kidding. Our crew just pulled an all-nighter to catch up on DPS2K boards and cables; we'll be shipping something like 80 boards and about 800 cables most of which didn't exist yesterday morning. Hopefully I'll be back out at the shop soon to finish setting up meters and such. Shelves are basically done, I finished those up and started building meter panels on Sunday. Parts will be in for ventilation on Thursday, which we'll have to get set up before running too much equipment.

Looks like our total estimated capacity will be 50KW rather than the previously mentioned 80KW. I'm not too worried though, that's still plenty of space.

Depending on when miners ship, I may have one ship-to address or another because we're in the process of moving over the next week. But if you want to send hardware along and expect it to be delivered pretty soon, I can get you the required information.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
August 05, 2014, 02:44:35 PM
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1GekkosciLeaey8Na9siC8oD5HcMtLnWwd

First test hardware running in the new location on the temporary ISP. I was going to get pictures but I forgot to make sure the camera battery was not dead. Might finish the shelves tomorrow and start work on meter mounts for individual customer circuits. We should be able to start taking in hardware this week. I won't have VPN access set up until after the 11th though.

Sounds like you guys have been busy, let me know when your ready for me to ship my miners!
Pages:
Jump to: