Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 41. (Read 113299 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 05, 2014, 09:54:29 AM
I got a very nice video tour of jtoomim´s hosting facility and had the chance to chat with him a little.

It looks like they have thought of everything relevant to mining, internet access and cooling.

I decided to send some of my sp30s there and will be able to write up a short review once my units are shipped and the mining facility is built out.

Always ahead of me. I will send some September or October SP30s to him too. Come on 650$-700$ exchange rate.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 05, 2014, 03:24:34 AM
I got a very nice video tour of jtoomim´s hosting facility and had the chance to chat with him a little.

It looks like they have thought of everything relevant to mining, internet access and cooling.

I decided to send some of my sp30s there and will be able to write up a short review once my units are shipped and the mining facility is built out.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
August 03, 2014, 01:56:18 PM
Dunno, it's been several months ago. I've got a couple Eyefinity 6 cards for my workbenches that sometimes I'll just pull up vanitygen and let it run for a while. I had some hosting-specific addresses generated the other day but lost them when the power blinked. I've got a "1testicle" address that took a couple weeks, but the joke was well worth it.

Anyway, folks have been asking so I should probably write up an official "terms of service" contract sometime soon. Between renovating the shop, building DPS2K boards and cables and some other custom jobs, we've been pretty busy. And we don't really like paperwork anyway when there's real work can be done. But I'll get it up sometime soon.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
August 03, 2014, 01:44:19 PM
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1GekkosciLeaey8Na9siC8oD5HcMtLnWwd

First test hardware running in the new location on the temporary ISP. I was going to get pictures but I forgot to make sure the camera battery was not dead. Might finish the shelves tomorrow and start work on meter mounts for individual customer circuits. We should be able to start taking in hardware this week. I won't have VPN access set up until after the 11th though.
Very nice sidehack! How long did it take to generate that vanity address?
legendary
August 02, 2014, 11:49:19 PM
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1GekkosciLeaey8Na9siC8oD5HcMtLnWwd

First test hardware running in the new location on the temporary ISP. I was going to get pictures but I forgot to make sure the camera battery was not dead. Might finish the shelves tomorrow and start work on meter mounts for individual customer circuits. We should be able to start taking in hardware this week. I won't have VPN access set up until after the 11th though.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
August 02, 2014, 11:44:53 PM
WIP Last update: 2014-08-03

EUROPE
=====================

ICELAND (No VAT payable)
=====================

UNITED STATES of AMERICA
=====================
URL: http://www.miningrigs.net/
Price: 11kw for $1,800USD/mth to 22kw for $3,200USD/mth, full rack hosting on a 6 month contract term. SP30 - $336USD/mth, S3 - $70USD/mth (see http://www.miningrigs.net/?product_cat=managed-miner-hosting for more h/w options)
Comment: Representative is graymatter ([email protected])
Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-miningrigsnet-partners-with-nextfort-data-center-to-host-miners-693107
=====================
Directory updates this week; ICELAND separated from EUROPE (updated EURO to EUROPE). Added new USA listing.

My h/w hosting update; I've sold all my hosted h/w. All buyers continued with the hosting service so no shipping required. Thank you both Mich-Colo and GekkoScience for your hosting service.

Now awaiting SP30 h/w and with it's new power consumption, hosting is the only option.

Cheers,
QG
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 02, 2014, 08:18:00 AM

I have been using  flyowall's hosting service at www.centerus.com since March and been very satisfied with the value and the quality .
  It is only 75 $/ kilowatt and all the problems with my miners been solved efficiently and quickly.I can say only good things about this sevice.
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
July 29, 2014, 11:26:54 PM
I'm giving short tours of our facility via video chat on Skype or Facetime. Feel free to message me on one of those services and ask for one. Skype ID: jtoomim; Facetime: [email protected].

A couple teaser photos for you folks of our DC-in-progress:

Our cooling equipment arrives in a couple days. The electrical work is about 75% done. The first draft of our website should be up soon. I'm getting excited.

Due to the higher power consumption of the SP30s than planned, and the fact that my brother and I are early customers of SP30s (we've ordered 68 so far), we'll have less spare capacity initially than we previously thought. We'll try to ramp up capacity quickly.

Jonathan
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
July 26, 2014, 01:42:36 AM
Two new listing to the directory this week.
WIP Last update: 2014-07-26
EURO
=====================
URL: https://genesis-mining.com
Price: $85.68/kW/mth or 11.9 cents/kWh, NO VAT, no licenses required. Min. Power Consumption: 50kW. Prices negotiable for Volume >500kW.
Comment: Operator is Genesis-Mining ([email protected])
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.00
=====================

UNITED STATES of AMERICA
=====================
URL: https://www.centerus.com/services-view/hosting/
Price: $75 per kilowatt per month (Sample price: SP30: 6TH/s, ~2.5kw → $188 / month)
Location: Seattle, WA. Our hosting facilities are in Malaga (Chelan County) and East Wenatchee (Douglas County). USA
Comment: Operator is flyonwall (sales at centerus.com or call me at +1-425-738-0222)
=====================

Update on my hosted machines; I've started exploring the options of leasing my mining h/w out and had to make some configuration changes which required reboots. My unfortunate luck, 2 machines (1 at GekkoScience and 1 at Mich-Colo) did not recover after the reboot and required physical disconnection of the power cord and reconnection to successfully power cycle my machines.

Both GekkoScience and Mich-Colo handle the remote hand support well and my machines were up and running again after a short period. Thanks guys!!

Cheers,
QG
legendary
July 26, 2014, 01:00:42 AM
Oh hey yeah, not sure if I mentioned this but we've officially gotten everything out of the way to be able to offer hosting. We're talking to the ISP right now, and will start the electrical renovations tomorrow, so we should be able to open things up first part of August. We're working on putting info on our website including a simple rate calculator so people can get an idea of the fees and stuff.
mog
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
July 26, 2014, 12:54:07 AM
As I've mentioned before there's only two large datacenter companies here in Iceland, Verne Global and Advania. Almost all Icelandic ones you see mentioned are reselling racking from one or the other. There may be some specially built facilities coming online here in the next few months but they'll also most likely be contracted out to one of those two companies for at least the build.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
July 22, 2014, 04:44:05 PM
Hi Marco,

what do you mean with the minimum power consumption at 50kW?
does this mean you'll only consider customers using 50kW and above?

if yes, why not cater for smaller mining operations like a couple SP30's etc..

It's a definitely yes. Hydro66 have the same limit. I'm wondering if this is just a reselling scheme or an actual new DC.
legendary
July 22, 2014, 11:34:25 AM
Because that's our job.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
July 22, 2014, 10:49:03 AM
Hey Miners,

After we have built up large scale mining facilities in Iceland for our cloudmining services we are now opening our doors for the community! We are specialized for mining and have remote hands who are experienced in running large scale mining operations!

The conditions are as follows:

URL: https://genesis-mining.com (For hosting services drop me a mail [email protected])
Price: $85.68/kW/mth or 11.9 cents/kWh, NO VAT(!), no licenses requred
Comment: Large scale mining experienced remote hands. Optimized mining infrastructure. Prices negotiable for Volume > 500 kW. Special cloud management software available.
Minimum Power Consumption: 50 kW

@Moderator: Can you please add this offer to the European section in the header?

If you are interested, drop me a mail: [email protected]

First come first serve! We are looking foward to supporting your mining operation!

Greetings,
Marco Streng
(Genesis Mining)

Hi Marco,

what do you mean with the minimum power consumption at 50kW?
does this mean you'll only consider customers using 50kW and above?

if yes, why not cater for smaller mining operations like a couple SP30's etc..
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
July 22, 2014, 09:32:33 AM
Hey Miners,

After we have built up large scale mining facilities in Iceland for our cloudmining services we are now opening our doors for the community! We are specialized for mining and have remote hands who are experienced in running large scale mining operations!

The conditions are as follows:

URL: https://genesis-mining.com (For hosting services drop me a mail [email protected])
Price: $85.68/kW/mth or 11.9 cents/kWh, NO VAT(!), no licenses requred
Comment: Large scale mining experienced remote hands. Optimized mining infrastructure. Prices negotiable for Volume > 500 kW. Special cloud management software available.
Minimum Power Consumption: 50 kW

@Moderator: Can you please add this offer to the European section in the header?

If you are interested, drop me a mail: [email protected]

First come first serve! We are looking foward to supporting your mining operation!

Greetings,
Marco Streng
(Genesis Mining)
Activity: 714
July 20, 2014, 10:56:24 AM
Can confirm, temps in Mich-Colo are way better now, but I have different figures. I guess my machines are not in the same room as yours. Mine are showing 28Co - 30Co.

Your machines are not only in the same room, but in the same rack.
Small variance in temperatures inside a rack are perfectly normal, and also depend on the position of your server in the rack.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 20, 2014, 06:51:20 AM
Can confirm, temps in Mich-Colo are way better now, but I have different figures. I guess my machines are not in the same room as yours. Mine are showing 28Co - 30Co.

Your machines are not only in the same room, but in the same rack.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
July 19, 2014, 05:13:06 PM
I hope to see more miner friendly data center options in the future
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
July 19, 2014, 02:37:12 PM
Answering a question sent by PM publicly in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

Hello,

I read you are starting a datacenter. Do you accept all kinds of mining Hardware? Is remote access included? Will you provide psu for miners like the S3? Do you calculate actual power usage? Example: For 2 S3 about 0.75 *90 $. What happens if the miners are sent to you from china? Do you have any import duties that would be charged on top?

Thanks

We currently are focusing on high-density rack-mountable hardware. We may accept S3s later, but there are additional problems with cooling and powering devices at that (lower) density and form factor that we do not want to tackle at the moment. I've just ordered 2 S3s to experiment with so far. If we do accept S3s, we will likely offer our own server PSU arrangement for them (at a good price), and we will also likely charge a higher rate for them, because it costs us more to run them (in rent and in infrastructural capital costs). We'll still charge less than probably anyone else, though. We're flexible about our hosting plans, so if you made us a good enough offer, we could accelerate our Antminer infrastructure development.

We will either measure actual usage continuously or with random sampling. If you're on a random sampling scheme, we request that you inform us whenever you make changes that may affect power consumption significantly.

There are generally no significant import duties for importing computer equipment to the USA. A 3% duty may be charged on equipment that you carry across the border yourself when flying in, but for freight or courier shipments, it's duty-free. The customer pays shipping in both directions, of course.

Remote access will be included. For security, we're working on a VLAN setup with a web portal for temporary port forwarding keyed to a signature from your bitcoin address. That might not be ready until September, so there might be a period during which we have to improvise some other way of securely offering access to your miners. We may also have a VPN option.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 18, 2014, 12:49:19 PM
Stats updates of my hosted h/w:

Mich-Colo stepped it up again with further reduction in temps, now 27c. Only just saw this, hope it sticks. 1.48ths Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: