Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 48. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 14, 2014, 11:46:17 AM
http://moria.is

Electricity: 79 € per kW  p.a
Setup & Installation Fee: per device: 100 €  

Cool

bitpay?
If they offered bitpay it would be a good option, one of the best in fact.

I emailed Data Cell 2 weeks ago, but they didn´t even bother replying.
If that is a testiment to their service quality, it would look bad though.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
June 14, 2014, 11:36:49 AM

Electricity: 79 € per kW  p.a

Cool

bitpay?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 14, 2014, 11:16:02 AM

Electricity: 79 € per kW  p.a

Cool
June 14, 2014, 01:52:11 AM
They definately need better customer service for miners if they are serious about the whole thing.

My unit has been with them for 48 hours according to the DHL information, and is still not set up.

They charge 150€ in setup fees and then don´t set the unit up within an acceptable timeframe?

This was my test unit and i told them that i would be interested in a much bigger solution, but with them waiting two days to complete less than 10 minutes of work, i don´t see that happening.

I am loosing 36$ per day due to their inaction. I am going to try and get them to deduct that amount from the setup fee, as customer service at that level is a joke.

My local DC set up the unit in less than 10 minutes, and the guy had never seen a bitcoin miner. The Advania people are supposed to know their way around one and have indeed set up atleast one sp10 before this.

If they had any questions, they could have one of the tech people contact me, and i gave them more information than needed already, even including a setup guide with the shipment.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
June 13, 2014, 06:39:18 PM
My unit arrived at Thor Datacenter yesterday.

I hoped they would be able to set up my sp10 the same day, especially as they should know their way around the unit (as they already had set up roadstress unit).

Apparently that wasn´t the case and after providing them more information yesterday, i hope that the unit gets set up today.

At my local DC it took around 10 minutes for a guy who had never heard of a bitcoin miner before to set up the sp10, that is how easy it is.

Will update once everything is running.

Advania needs a bit better customer service for bitcoin miners. Like a skype id for their support and the possibility of having a VPN so that the miners won't have a public IP address, but I'm hoping that things will improve in the future if we host more miners with them.

Edit: Anyone with DC experience can share with us how hard would be to have a VPN solution?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 13, 2014, 11:42:31 AM
I'm using BlackSun hosting for my SP10 and I think it would be a very good option for my fellow Canadians Smiley

=====================
URL: http://www.blacksun.ca/
Price: SP10 ~$160 CDN / month with 1 year contract, no installation fee!
Comment: Prices may vary slightly based on available space.
=====================

They provide 208V for my SP10 but temperature is a little bit high.

Code:
Mining Rate: 1.4Ths
Temp Front / Back
    30 °C / 81 °C
Activity: 18
June 13, 2014, 10:29:55 AM
haha.. My 3rd SP10 has been delivered to michigan-colocation.com and it was up and hashing less than an hour later. I am laughing due to the speed of service by michigan-colo and DHL. Ridiculously FAST. I only bought this SP10 on Tuesday 10th, and it's Friday 13th 8am.

That's what we do!

We know you aren't making any money with your unit sitting in a box on the floor Wink
June 13, 2014, 03:37:18 AM
My unit arrived at Thor Datacenter yesterday.

I hoped they would be able to set up my sp10 the same day, especially as they should know their way around the unit (as they already had set up roadstress unit).

Apparently that wasn´t the case and after providing them more information yesterday, i hope that the unit gets set up today.

At my local DC it took around 10 minutes for a guy who had never heard of a bitcoin miner before to set up the sp10, that is how easy it is.

Will update once everything is running.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
June 12, 2014, 07:51:17 PM
I have a 4U CoinTerra Terra Miner IV at NetAccess in New Jersey @$300 a month.  Month 2 Month
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
June 12, 2014, 05:54:19 PM
haha.. My 3rd SP10 has been delivered to michigan-colocation.com and it was up and hashing less than an hour later. I am laughing due to the speed of service by michigan-colo and DHL. Ridiculously FAST. I only bought this SP10 on Tuesday 10th, and it's Friday 13th 8am.

Stat's from Ozcoin pool:
Code:
[06:29:56] <+QG> .w gaederopus
[06:29:57] <@ozbot> This round (24d 3h 18m) QG.gaederopus has 1148682 shares (2 stales; 0.0%), avg 1532253 MH/s

Temp Front / Back
    29 °C / 67 °C

Still only on a 120V circuit but I'll be moved to a 208V line on Monday. Picture coming...

I also have remote control of the unit. Yay!! <-- Bobsag3 ... have you forgotten about me after you received your pallet of SP10s?

Have you called the courier to ask them about the package? They should reimburse you the SP10 value if they really lost it, right?
I have emailed Aust. Post. They are investigating. nfi when I'll hear back. I keep refreshing the tacking page hoping the damn thing will update. :~(
Don't know if I'll get anything from the lost package. Embarrassingly I didn't tick the insurance option.. EPIC FAIL!!

Cheers,
QG
Activity: 22
June 12, 2014, 04:31:57 PM
Does anyone know any good miner friendly sites in Florida?
legendary
June 11, 2014, 06:56:01 PM
Update from my own trails of Hosting providers:

1. Have purchased another SP10 and it's on it's way to michigan-colocation.com (aka Waveform Technology) Will report back once it gets there. sent via DHL.

2. I have lost a SP10 in transit :~( The last update from tracking information was  May 30, 2014 , 3:27 am Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS). Hasn't moved since 30 May. 12 days now.. Have lodge a Missing Parcel with Australia Post. Waiting for reply. Will use proper courier next time.

3. While Bobsag3 from MinerSource.net has powered up my SP10 fast, and is hashing well, I have yet to get remote control of my unit. Awaiting reply from Bobsag3. It's been 9 days now. Deciding whether to continue hosting with MinerSource.net.

Cheers,
QG

Have you called the courier to ask them about the package? They should reimburse you the SP10 value if they really lost it, right?

Advania DC offered me remote control very fast to my miner by using a public IP for it, but I'm hoping that in the future they will be able to provide VPN so that they won't have a public IP. Not sure how hard is that to setup for a regular DC, but I think that saving public IPs will benefit them too.
June 11, 2014, 05:42:13 PM
Update from my own trails of Hosting providers:

1. Have purchased another SP10 and it's on it's way to michigan-colocation.com (aka Waveform Technology) Will report back once it gets there. sent via DHL.

2. I have lost a SP10 in transit :~( The last update from tracking information was  May 30, 2014 , 3:27 am Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS). Hasn't moved since 30 May. 12 days now.. Have lodge a Missing Parcel with Australia Post. Waiting for reply. Will use proper courier next time.

3. While Bobsag3 from MinerSource.net has powered up my SP10 fast, and is hashing well, I have yet to get remote control of my unit. Awaiting reply from Bobsag3. It's been 9 days now. Deciding whether to continue hosting with MinerSource.net.

Cheers,
QG
June 11, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
There is some others topics and threads on this forum where I can find out about other services like miner hosting? I am just curious about it.
This thread is for services like miner hosting... what was your question?

Cheers,
QG
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 09, 2014, 12:20:58 PM
There is some others topics and threads on this forum where I can find out about other services like miner hosting? I am just curious about it.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
June 09, 2014, 11:20:03 AM
2 SP10's at

URL: http://www.michigan-colocation.com/index.php/server-colocation/bitcoin-miner-hosting
Price: SP30-$350/mth, SP10-$150/mth, S2-$150/mth, Cointerra-$330/mth, mth to mth, no setup fee
Comment: Representative is MichColo
Thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1379980

And been great so far. Wish I was on the list for a couple SP30's.
Activity: 3
June 09, 2014, 07:58:48 AM
Hi.

We are hosting thousands of mining rigs today from many different clients, us not accepting Bitcoin as payment has not been a problem so far.

My company investing in millions of euros worth of facilites for miners shows a lot of faith in the industry I believe.

Personally I would like for my company to accept Bitcoins but it is not just up to me  Smiley

I persuaded my company to invest in facilites for miners so maybe I can persuade them to start accepting Bitcoins as well. But until then its just EUR or USD.

Regards,

Ægir Rafn

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 08, 2014, 04:40:31 PM
This is the most important thing. Sending 1000's of euros to Iceland once a month is not easy for everyone. Everyone except Bitpay offices in Amsterdam, that is. Anyone from Advania or Hydro66 to comment there?
Bitpay always accepted - just ask us to be invoiced, or we actually perfer bitcoin direct as we can always give you a far better rate - we will always convert at the megamine.com mid price (www.megamine.com - down the bottom on the left).

In addition we are perfectly happy to set rates for term contracts at a fixed number of bitcoins. There is, of course, an element of hedging margin compared to the spot rate when we do that, but it gives miners some certainty about the cost in their earnings for hosting.

It would seem very strange to us that someone would offer bitcoin miner hosting and not accept bitcoins in return - shows a lack of faith in your customer's operations to me.

J
Activity: 3
June 08, 2014, 06:52:37 AM
Hi.

I am not optimistic that we will accept Bitcoins as payment any time soon. If this will be setup the earliest would be around October, if my CFO will listen to my reason  Smiley

I hope that this will not stop you from using our Colocation services in Iceland.

Regards,

Ægir Rafn
legendary
June 07, 2014, 11:58:27 AM
I am sending one sp10 to Iceland, to test everything out.
Will report back at the middle of next week, as everything should be set up by then.

I will have direct access to the miner via webinterface, and i will post some screenshots.

Bitcoin Payment soon! I have suggested them to setup bitcoin payment and they told me that they will put pressure on the CFO to do that. Hooray!

This is the most important thing. Sending 1000's of euros to Iceland once a month is not easy for everyone. Everyone except Bitpay offices in Amsterdam, that is. Anyone from Advania or Hydro66 to comment there?

aegirrafn from Advania is here so maybe he will reply to you.
Pages:
Jump to: