Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 50. (Read 113299 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
May 30, 2014, 11:10:31 AM
I would want the closest to the vent as possible to hash the fastest way.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 30, 2014, 10:07:05 AM
"Told him to get him as far away from the venting as possible"

That means warmer air and less hashes, but also lower power consumption.

The basic problem with the sp10s is that they are fairly temperature sensitive and 40mm fans can only move so much air.

The sp30 should do better in this regards, as per the same power usage, airflow will be atleast 25% better. This will allow for more overclocking headroom but should also make it less sensitive to "standard" DC temps.
Bigger fans can also move more air per area, so actual improvement of airflow should be around 40% per 1,3 kW.

Also, as you are buying power in larger quantities with every sp30, the cost per kWh could come down a little more.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
May 30, 2014, 09:58:59 AM
Code:
[23:15:07] <+SpeedBus> QG http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1379980
thanks Speedbus!!

just added this:
=====================
URL: http://www.michigan-colocation.com/index.php/server-colocation/bitcoin-miner-hosting
Price: SP10-~$150/mth, S2-$150/mth, Cointerra $330/mth, mth to mth, no setup fee
Comment:
Thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1379980
=====================

had a quick chat (instant response) with Rich at michigan-colo:
Code:
*QG : * *Question*
What is your monthly price for hosting a Spondoolies SP10 Bitcoin miner? 1.45GHs
1250W
What Voltage do you supply?
what is the price for a SP30?
*Rich : * You've been connected with Rich.
*Rich : * Morning. Thanks for your interest.
*Rich : * Are you sure on the wattage? I ask because I thought the spoons were
less wattage
*QG : * that was advertised nominal w
*Rich : * From what I understand with the spoons, the room temp changes how much
wattage it uses. Spoon tells us that it's 1100 watts in a warm room, 1350 in a
cold room.
*Rich : * Currently, we don't have a spoondoolie here, so I can't test the power
theory, but, I do have one of the way. I told that customer i'll try and get him
as far from the venting as possible and get him at 1100 watts.
*Rich : * If that's the case, it would be $150/mo
*QG : * oh i c, cool. very interesting
*Rich : * Regarding voltage, we can provide whatever you need.
*QG : * i saw this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1379980
*Rich : * Yes, that's our thread!
*QG : * this is mine.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
*QG : * i have already sent my 2 SP10 to other providers. but i have a SP30 coming
*Rich : * I should have one in house this week and can check power at various
cooling areas to see if spoondoolie's claims are correct.
*Rich : * I see that you've added us to your thread! Thank you
*QG : * feel free to drop a word in
*QG : * would be nice to get some update there, if not i'll be contacting you
soon anyways to find out prices for SP30
*Rich : * Absolutely!
*Rich : * Sounds great.
*QG : * cheer bye

w00t w00t,,
QG
May 30, 2014, 09:57:56 AM
I am sending one sp10 to Iceland, to test everything out.
Will report back at the middle of next week, as everything should be set up by then.

I will have direct access to the miner via webinterface, and i will post some screenshots.

I am doing that next week too. I will race you!
Ah, you will probably win as i am going with snail-speed parcel (around 4 days, maybe less) because it only costs me 95€ that way, and every day of mining is currently around 35$ profit, so no need to sink 200$ extra for a faster shipment.
legendary
May 30, 2014, 09:56:27 AM
Will report back at the middle of next week, as everything should be set up by then.

I will have direct access to the miner via webinterface, and i will post some screenshots.

I am doing that next week too. I will race you!
May 30, 2014, 09:53:36 AM

legendary
May 30, 2014, 08:06:20 AM
For people with 50kw+ of requirements we can host you in Sweden at some of the best rates available. Our main advantage is that we are just 60km outside of the Arctic circle and hence we can run 'free air' cooling for 360+ days per year.

Full details available at our website.

http://www.hydro66.com/

For more information either use the contact details on that site or I can answer them here.

Our sister company MegaMine (www.megamine.com) has 100's of TH/s running already and we can arrange capacities up to 1MW to be available in weeks, 10-100MW in 2-4 months.

J
What are your power rates for 50kw customers?
What is your maximum rack density?
What would 50kw (split in two racks) cost?

Feel free to reply via pm.

I would like to know those rates too either here or via PM, but they if they are good they might benefit you to have them available for all.
May 29, 2014, 06:13:51 AM
For people with 50kw+ of requirements we can host you in Sweden at some of the best rates available. Our main advantage is that we are just 60km outside of the Arctic circle and hence we can run 'free air' cooling for 360+ days per year.

For more information either use the contact details on that site or I can answer them here.

Our sister company MegaMine (www.megamine.com) has 100's of TH/s running already and we can arrange capacities up to 1MW to be available in weeks, 10-100MW in 2-4 months.

J
What are your power rates for 50kw customers?
What is your maximum rack density?
What would 50kw (split in two racks) cost?

Feel free to reply via pm.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 29, 2014, 05:35:19 AM

J
Activity: 630
May 28, 2014, 02:30:14 PM
Please add our service to this thread.

ninjacolo.com

Sample Pricing: Antminer S2 - $179/mo (month to month)
                     Spondoolies SP10 - $209/mo (month to month)

Traditional colocation also available (24/7 access) for those in Arizona. We'll meet or beat any legitimate quote from other data centers in the area.  We are 100% up-front about power availability and always quote 100% usable power. (Other datacenters quote at 100% and limit your use to 80%).
legendary
May 28, 2014, 11:46:31 AM
I dont know, is the thread only for spondoolies gear?

No.
May 28, 2014, 10:31:00 AM
I believe ~25%

I dont know, is the thread only for spondoolies gear?
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
May 28, 2014, 07:45:43 AM
After checking with advania / Thor Datacenter in Iceland, i can now say that you don´t have to pay VAT.

However, you send the equipment, and VAT will be billed but after ~ 2 months you will get reimbursed the VAT, even without a registered company or EU VAT number.
what's the VAT at atm?

oh and, should there be a correction in the listing? see blow..
=============
URL: http://www.advania.com/default.aspx?pageid=8fe1509f-4925-11e2-ac44-005056867cb9
Price: 90€ / kW   <-- correction??
Comment: Professional Hosting / Colocation provider. Contact them to order. Prices are not on their website.
=============

put this in? ..
~160$ per sp10 and month (1,3kW at wall, fully overclocked),
that's in USD?

Cheers,
QG
May 28, 2014, 07:11:48 AM
After checking with advania / Thor Datacenter in Iceland, i can now say that you don´t have to pay VAT.

However, you send the equipment, and VAT will be billed but after ~ 2 months you will get reimbursed the VAT, even without a registered company or EU VAT number.
May 28, 2014, 03:20:02 AM

Theres something alot of the DC's are not telling you about.... DEMAND CHARGES.

The "COST" portion of the power may very well be .10 to .12 per Kwh however there is another
portion called DEMAND CHARGES that most all electrical companies charge which ends up being
the LARGER portion of the bill.  Typical demand charges are $12 to $21 per Kwh.  Yes, Dollars.

DCs give you fixed prices if you tell them how much you need.

Delivery charges and all the rest gets added to your private power bill.

Also, reading your hosting agreement is always a good idea.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 27, 2014, 12:53:42 PM

Theres something alot of the DC's are not telling you about.... DEMAND CHARGES.

The "COST" portion of the power may very well be .10 to .12 per Kwh however there is another
portion called DEMAND CHARGES that most all electrical companies charge which ends up being
the LARGER portion of the bill.  Typical demand charges are $12 to $21 per Kwh.  Yes, Dollars.

May 27, 2014, 11:05:26 AM
Norway should also have very good colo prices, specifically per kW, as they also have abundant, cheap renewable energy.

Does anyone know of a colo provider there?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
May 27, 2014, 10:53:11 AM
Oh yeah, currently I don't really host publicly. QG's sending a unit my way for a trial run, which will be added to my own hardware that I'm consolidating in one location. If I can get more infrastructure together (and/or reduce my own hardware load) I might open up some limited hosting to the public, but currently we're not taking new customers unless I already know you.
legendary
May 27, 2014, 10:43:20 AM
Sry, obviously i meant per kW, it was me being all sleepy and not checking what i wrote.

They provide service to bitcoin miners at these rates, starting from only one unit.
It is an all-inclusive rate, so the size of your rig doesn´t matter. They will provide rackspace for it in their 15-20kW racks in Iceland.
As far as i know they also host units that are not rackmountable, but not sure.

Hosting is in a facilty built only for bitcoin miners, so they have some people there that know their way around miners.
If you want to switch pools you most likely need to shoot them an email and they will do it.

At the quoted rate, it comes down to ~160$ per sp10 and month (1,3kW at wall, fully overclocked), which is an okay price imo, especially as they know what they are doing and not some DC staff "what is a bitcoin miner"

Great find then! That's exactly what I wanted from a colocation service! No need to pay extra for rack space, staff that knows what a bitcoin miner is and the price is good.

€108 per month for 1SP10 is still a very affordable option. perhaps my next one should go to this, thanks for all your efforts guys, excellent groundwork for us.

Yes I also find the price to be good.

Has anyone got a unit with sidehack? (Ideally an sp10)

The provided thread link really doesn´t tell me anything about his hosting solution.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6971405
May 27, 2014, 10:25:20 AM
Has anyone got a unit with sidehack? (Ideally an sp10)

The provided thread link really doesn´t tell me anything about his hosting solution.
Pages:
Jump to: