Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 45. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 07, 2014, 04:59:16 PM
All,

Just wanted to touch base on what's currently happening right now with our data center temps.
We had an AC unit that has been "problematic", fail this weekend, and with some warmer temps, obviously we're seeing the blunt of it.
A contractor is currently working on the failed unit and expects to have that back up tomorrow.

We've also got an emergency AC unit that we've rented, that is currently being installed, to help alleviate the temps that you're seeing.
This is currently being done as I type this as well.

Next week, we've got the 1st of 2 new Liebert A/C units being installed, and expect the work on a 2nd to follow shortly after.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 07, 2014, 08:16:31 AM
You should lower the speed of the miner imo. 40 degrees is crazy, but yes there is a thermal shutdown(can't remember the value).

No comment. I do not know what to do. The only thing remains for me to wait and hope, that Michigan Colocation will have their additional chiller installed soon. But from my recent conversation with them, it looks like about 2 weeks or even more wait time Sad Hopefully the weather will help...
Well, around 40°C seems like a violation of any normal DC cold aisle temperature....

It truly seems less than professional, I dont know any DC that would allow cold aisle temperatures above 30°C.
(which would be the maximum temperature according to TOS, and should never be reached)

This shows that HVAC engineering isn´t trivial at all, and professionally equipped facilites (rightfully) charge more for these services.

I have been very pleased with Advanias´services so far, and my unit hasn´t reached more than 22°C, while intake temperature is usually between 18°C and 20°C (in summer!).

While the upcoming sp30s should be a little less temperature sensitive (increased airflow per W / less leakage at higher chip temperatures), cooler units should again guarantee maximum performance.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 07, 2014, 01:20:09 AM
You should lower the speed of the miner imo. 40 degrees is crazy, but yes there is a thermal shutdown(can't remember the value).

No comment. I do not know what to do. The only thing remains for me to wait and hope, that Michigan Colocation will have their additional chiller installed soon. But from my recent conversation with them, it looks like about 2 weeks or even more wait time Sad Hopefully the weather will help...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
July 06, 2014, 11:18:47 PM
You should be OK, I've seen mine run at up to 41 degrees intake on the odd occasion, but of course the hash rate lowers ... that's why they are on their way to Iceland for a nice cold home.

I can't remember the cut-off point, but Sponds have built in an auto shutdown into the system, so you shouldn't damage the miner if it gets too warm.

I have noticed, that one of ASIC chips is DEAD already. 1535 to go  Angry

July 06, 2014, 03:53:33 PM
You should be OK, I've seen mine run at up to 41 degrees intake on the odd occasion, but of course the hash rate lowers ... that's why they are on their way to Iceland for a nice cold home.

I can't remember the cut-off point, but Sponds have built in an auto shutdown into the system, so you shouldn't damage the miner if it gets too warm.

I have noticed, that one of ASIC chips is DEAD already. 1535 to go  Angry

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
July 06, 2014, 03:41:23 PM
Meanwhile, the temperature situation is getting worse and worse. Is it safe at all?!?!?!?

EDIT: Think I read somewhere that it shuts down for a specific period of time and then tries to mine again ... if it's not happy it tries again later.
July 06, 2014, 03:33:05 PM
The default installation fee is 150 euro, but I managed to get a better price for having more than 1 unit and with the SP30 units promise to be hosted with them too. I didn't send them mounting ears or cables.

Next time, I am gonna host my miners with them, for sure...

Meanwhile, the temperature situation is getting worse and worse. Is it safe at all?!?!?!?

legendary
July 06, 2014, 05:03:37 AM
@RoadStress; how much was the bill at the end of the month for your 19c hosting? They charged by the KWh right?

It's a standard 90euros/KW (not kWh) which translates to 90*1.3KW=117 euros=160$ per month for SP10

F**k me, for $80 a month I am losing ~1TH every second  Cry Maybe even more, with your nice 16 Co intake temp.

Angry Angry Angry

P.S. How much did you pay for setup? Did you send them mounting ears or cables?

Offtopic:
Code:
Temp Front / Back T,B
    16 °C / 59,65 °C

The default installation fee is 150 euro, but I managed to get a better price for having more than 1 unit and with the SP30 units promise to be hosted with them too. I didn't send them mounting ears or cables.
July 06, 2014, 04:54:32 AM
@RoadStress; how much was the bill at the end of the month for your 19c hosting? They charged by the KWh right?

It's a standard 90euros/KW (not kWh) which translates to 90*1.3KW=117 euros=160$ per month for SP10

F**k me, for $80 a month I am losing ~1TH every second  Cry Maybe even more, with your nice 16 Co intake temp.

Angry Angry Angry

P.S. How much did you pay for setup? Did you send them mounting ears or cables?

Offtopic:
Code:
Temp Front / Back T,B
    16 °C / 59,65 °C
legendary
July 06, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
July 06, 2014, 04:21:00 AM
woo high temps. 8 stacked in 1 spot would sure create a lot of heat.

i don't know what one a/c unit can do but at lease they are working on it.

Cheers,
QG
July 05, 2014, 11:42:07 PM
Michigan Colocation 's temp.s have been stable for me but after you mentioned about their temps, I looked back at my stats and it seems their ambient temps have slowly risen.

My SP10 is currently:
Temp Front / Back T,B
    35 °C / 78,80 °C

Cheers,
QG

Thanks QG,

Here are my stats :

I have some on 38 °C, terrible Sad Anything else is just perfect with them: connection uptime, remote access, etc... Heat issue should have been fixed this week, but unfortunately, we have to wait another week or two Smiley Because of that, I have total hashrate lower for ~1TH/s.

Here is, what they told me first time I have asked them about their service:

Will let you know, when they fix the temps.

Cheers!
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 05, 2014, 11:19:06 PM
Quote from: QuiveringGibbage
I do hope they are monitoring this and have taken measures to combat the heat. At this point, offers from Iceland are looking more promising for my SP30.

Yes, we are aware of the higher temps and are currently in plans to improve conditions with an added A/C unit in the data center.

Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
July 05, 2014, 09:37:06 PM
I know, that lot of SP10 owners have their units hosted with Michigan Colocation.

I want to ask you, to post your ambient temperatures, please.

Thanks in advance.

Michigan Colocation 's temp.s have been stable for me but after you mentioned about their temps, I looked back at my stats and it seems their ambient temps have slowly risen.

My SP10 is currently:
Temp Front / Back T,B
    35 °C / 78,80 °C

Looking back at my stats (http://imgur.com/a/XFVOJ#daU1ZVl),
Temp Front / Back T,B
    31 °C / 74,75 °C

And further back to my first post on MichColo:
Temp Front / Back
    29 °C / 67 °C

I do hope they are monitoring this and have taken measures to combat the heat. At this point, offers from Iceland are looking more promising for my SP30.

http://bitsmelter.io/
Temp Front / Back
    17 °C / 62 °C
and http://www.advania.com
Temp Front / Back
    19 °C / 68 °C

Cheers,
QG
July 05, 2014, 06:02:48 PM
I know, that lot of SP10 owners have their units hosted with Michigan Colocation.

I want to ask you, to post your ambient temperatures, please.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 11
Merit: 2
July 04, 2014, 07:13:13 PM
Announcement: Advania DC will soon offer VPN service for miners with private VLAN. I appreciate the support from Advania and all my miners will be hosted with them. Thank you!

Thanks for that, Roadstress, that's right. We'll be offering a VPN as an optional upgrade for Euro7/month for those who don't want their miners to be accessible through a public IP. And thanks for the kind words, we'll certainly do our best to continue to earn them.
legendary
July 04, 2014, 01:56:21 PM
Announcement: Advania DC will soon offer VPN service for miners with private VLAN. I appreciate the support from Advania and all my miners will be hosted with them. Thank you!
July 02, 2014, 06:56:01 PM
Hi folks, I'd like to introduce myself, I work with Aegir at Advania and can help with any queries you have on hosting your mining equipment in our Thor Data Centre facility.

You can contact me directly on [email protected] or through PM on this site (or Brian_R at WHT). I'm online most of the time day and evening, so should be able to help pretty quickly in most cases.

I can recommend Brian (Brian_AdvaniaThor), just arranged to host two SP10s at Advania with him. Quick replies and great service ... hope this follows through when they reach Iceland.

I'll update when they are up and running.

Thanks  Smiley
July 02, 2014, 06:43:32 PM
Hi folks, I'd like to introduce myself, I work with Aegir at Advania and can help with any queries you have on hosting your mining equipment in our Thor Data Centre facility.

You can contact me directly on [email protected] or through PM on this site (or Brian_R at WHT). I'm online most of the time day and evening, so should be able to help pretty quickly in most cases.

Glad to see Advania active here.

How is the bitcoin payment integration going? I am sure that you know that payments are non-reversible and that you pay 0 fees for any payments that you receive and you also don't need to deal directly with bitcoins since you are receiving $ directly to your bank account. Please have a look at BitPay.com or BIPS.me.

Yes, I understand the advantages. It's not on the horizon yet, but hopefully, in time.....
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
July 02, 2014, 05:17:53 PM

I can recommend Brian (Brian_AdvaniaThor), just arranged to host two SP10s at Advania with him. Quick replies and great service ... hope this follows through when they reach Iceland.

I'll update when they are up and running.

Pages:
Jump to: