Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 47. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 20, 2014, 02:08:26 PM
I have shipped my SP10s to Troy, MI. http://www.michigan-colocation.com/index.php/server-colocation/bitcoin-miner-hosting

MichColo was very helpful and fast, sending me all the paperwork the moment I have asked for it. Got my IPs as soon as I have signed the paperwork, and managed to do all necessary stuff in less than 24 hours. Very professional so far, will let you know more, when my miners arrive and start mining.

UPDATE: Ambient temps around 40 Co. Other than that, everything is ok.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7696949

UPDATE 2: Temps are back to 28-30 Co. No other issues so far. 0 downtime, perfect internet connection. Recommended collocation.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7911441
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
June 19, 2014, 11:55:05 AM
Thanks RoadStress, you beat me to it.

No problem. By the way I'm assuming that since we pay a price per kW we can change equipment as much as we want as long as we use the same power as we paid. Is that right?
Presumably, if you don´t do it every month just to annoy them Wink

We can setup terms to have 1-2 equipment changes in 12 months to avoid this.

Edit: jtoomim by the way please provide some kind of references because I don't feel that comfortable to send you miners at this point. We all know that there were a lot of scams and many trustworthy members vanished with hardware. It's nothing personal, but we are dealing with expensive equipment here.
Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
June 19, 2014, 07:43:38 AM

No problem. By the way I'm assuming that since we pay a price per kW we can change equipment as much as we want as long as we use the same power as we paid. Is that right?

Uncertain. I've been thinking about this situation a bit, and I can see arguments in both directions. I'll talk it over with my partners, and we'll come to a decision at some point in the next two months.

Edit: I'm leaning towards "yes", though.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 19, 2014, 05:57:41 AM

Presumably, if you don´t do it every month just to annoy them Wink
legendary
June 19, 2014, 05:46:51 AM

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
June 19, 2014, 05:26:28 AM
legendary
June 18, 2014, 11:49:07 PM
New facility:

Since you guys are talking about datacenters, I'm going to shamelessly plug ASICSPACE, the one I'm working on:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lorem-ipsum-657461

We're still building it, and still working out the details on pricing, but I'm pretty sure our prices will be better than anyone else's by a very wide margin. Right now we're thinking $90/kW/month for month-to-month contracts, and around $68/kW/mo if you pay 12 months at once. No per-kWh usage charge, the $90 or $68 is everything.

We won't accept anybody's money until the facility is online or nearly so, and we can't currently guarantee that we'll be online in time for your preorders. However, I will state that I myself have quite a few August SP30s coming in, so I have a strong incentive to have everything running by August. If you're getting September SP30s and you're willing to wait until around August 1st before making a decision, I think we will probably be able to accommodate you. My guess is that we'll have half a MW available in September, with more to come soon after.

We plan to do a p2pool node. We'd prefer email-based pool configuration and overclocking. I'd like to also offer customers the option of port-forwarded access to their machines' web UIs or SSH ports if they can accept the reduction in security that comes therewith, but I can't guarantee that yet.
June 18, 2014, 05:29:31 PM
I am quite okay with public IPs.

I guess the prices in WA state DC will be better than getting your sp30s hosted there (~85€ / kW), bulk shipping discounts, 100$ setup fee....

To clarify, I had three days delay in total. I would have been okay with one day, as that can be fairly common in my opinion.
legendary
June 18, 2014, 03:57:04 PM
I got a message from Advania today that because of the 2 day delay in setup, they would waive the 150€ setup fees.

The hosting itself is very professional and i had no problems so far, they were just overwhelmed with work that week.

Temperature at intake shows 18°C (in the summer!), which is really good and allows full OCing of the sp10.

To summarize, I am very happy with sending my rig there. Excellent cooling, good connectivity with low ping and sensible pricing are among the benefits of colocating your equipment there.

That's very nice! I had one day delay and I would be happy with 50% of installation fee waived Smiley

I am expecting 2 more things: bitcoin payments and VPN and I'm moving my SP30s with them.
June 18, 2014, 12:04:13 PM
I got a message from Advania today that because of the 2 day delay in setup, they would waive the 150€ setup fees.

The hosting itself is very professional and i had no problems so far, they were just overwhelmed with work that week.

Temperature at intake shows 18°C (in the summer!), which is really good and allows full OCing of the sp10.

To summarize, I am very happy with sending my rig there. Excellent cooling, good connectivity with low ping and sensible pricing are among the benefits of colocating your equipment there.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 17, 2014, 10:06:55 PM
I'm looking for some miner friendly colo space in the Tampa/St. Pete, FL area. I'm running 11 S1's and 1 S2 but am at the cooling capacity of my current location and can't add any more hardware there. Ideally it would have 24x7 access and m-to-m rent accepting Bitcoin for payment.

Thanks
June 16, 2014, 02:33:52 PM

I'm glad that there were able to set it up considering it was week-end. Who do you want to try next? Smiley

I am going to try out hashplex, as soon as their contracts become available again. A problem with them is they only charge for full KW of power requirement, but the price is good.
(If you can get your units to pull near full KW)

I also had experience with Juan´s hosting (112bit.com), which is only available for the Antminers he sells.
1 Antminer S2 for 87,5$ per month (on a one year contract) seems like a good price. He also stated he would allow upgrades to Antminer S4 once they become available.
legendary
June 15, 2014, 06:34:26 PM
Well, when i am expected to pay 150€ for setting the unit up, i expect it to happen within 24 hours.

It has been 3 days now and still nothing, i also said i could do it via teamviewer myself (and included instructions).

Will try to have the lost amount deducted from setup fee.

I will try and keep you updated on this unfolding situation at Thor Datacenter.

Update:
I got a fast reply today and apparently they were really busy on a "huge" installation of equipment, and were only able to bring the backlog down at the weekend.

I have access to the unit now, will post some stats once they have evend out. (looks really promising so far!)
Given the circumstances, i hope they will consider lowering the setup fee.

I'm glad that there were able to set it up considering it was week-end. Who do you want to try next? Smiley
June 15, 2014, 07:37:38 AM

Looks quite good, especially the intake temperature Smiley

Maxing out that poor power supply.
June 15, 2014, 04:55:27 AM
Well, when i am expected to pay 150€ for setting the unit up, i expect it to happen within 24 hours.

It has been 3 days now and still nothing, i also said i could do it via teamviewer myself (and included instructions).

Will try to have the lost amount deducted from setup fee.

I will try and keep you updated on this unfolding situation at Thor Datacenter.

Update:
I got a fast reply today and apparently they were really busy on a "huge" installation of equipment, and were only able to bring the backlog down at the weekend.

I have access to the unit now, will post some stats once they have evend out. (looks really promising so far!)
Given the circumstances, i hope they will consider lowering the setup fee.

Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
June 15, 2014, 03:33:20 AM
Stats from Ozcoin:
Code:
[17:08:26]  .w
[17:08:26] *ozbot* |...........Worker Summary for this round (26d 13h 57m)...........|
[17:08:26] *ozbot* |   gaederopus | 67570341 shares (115 stales;   0.0%) | avg 1444593 MH/s |
[17:08:26] *ozbot* |     habanero | 69937051 shares (598 stales; 0.001%) | avg 1053618 MH/s |
[17:08:26] *ozbot* | linguaefelis | 466880371 shares (851 stales;   0.0%) | avg 1378059 MH/s |
[17:08:27] *ozbot* |     princeps | 142723935 shares (280 stales;   0.0%) | avg 1480471 MH/s |

princeps; is a SP10 hosted at gekkoscience.com Thanks sidehack for getting it up and hashing with remote access on a Saturday, only an hour after receiving it.

gaederopus; is a SP10 hosted at michigan-colocation.com Top notch service!!
linguaefelis; is a SP10 hosted at minersource.net but Bobsag3 has yet to reply to me with remote access to my h/w. 11 days since last update.

habanero; is next to me humming away.. Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/SMBJP#18

Total hash rate at Ozcoin:
Code:
[17:17:39] <+QG> .e
[17:17:40] <@ozbot> At 5825 GH/s, you should earn 0.24917809 BTC/day ($137.95) on average (0.01038242 BTC/hr)

Cheers,
QG
PS: Yes, the SP10 that went missing in Chicago turned up finally after 17days in transit. Thanks to the incompetent USPS >:-/
legendary
June 14, 2014, 07:44:09 PM
VPN is not that hard, more a matter of hardware. We are working on rolling it out to our 2 locations.

What hardware would they need to VPN? 1 server? More servers? There are numerous advantages of having VPN than to just give all miners a public IP.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
June 14, 2014, 07:18:34 PM
My unit arrived at Thor Datacenter yesterday.

I hoped they would be able to set up my sp10 the same day, especially as they should know their way around the unit (as they already had set up roadstress unit).

Apparently that wasn´t the case and after providing them more information yesterday, i hope that the unit gets set up today.

At my local DC it took around 10 minutes for a guy who had never heard of a bitcoin miner before to set up the sp10, that is how easy it is.

Will update once everything is running.

Advania needs a bit better customer service for bitcoin miners. Like a skype id for their support and the possibility of having a VPN so that the miners won't have a public IP address, but I'm hoping that things will improve in the future if we host more miners with them.

Edit: Anyone with DC experience can share with us how hard would be to have a VPN solution?

VPN is not that hard, more a matter of hardware. We are working on rolling it out to our 2 locations.
legendary
June 14, 2014, 07:13:50 PM
They definately need better customer service for miners if they are serious about the whole thing.

My unit has been with them for 48 hours according to the DHL information, and is still not set up.

They charge 150€ in setup fees and then don´t set the unit up within an acceptable timeframe?

This was my test unit and i told them that i would be interested in a much bigger solution, but with them waiting two days to complete less than 10 minutes of work, i don´t see that happening.

I am loosing 36$ per day due to their inaction. I am going to try and get them to deduct that amount from the setup fee, as customer service at that level is a joke.

My local DC set up the unit in less than 10 minutes, and the guy had never seen a bitcoin miner. The Advania people are supposed to know their way around one and have indeed set up atleast one sp10 before this.

If they had any questions, they could have one of the tech people contact me, and i gave them more information than needed already, even including a setup guide with the shipment.

I think that the guy who set up my unit is in vacation until the end of the month and I suspect that they are a bit understaffed and that would explain the delay, but I would've expect a bit faster setup for your unit. The bad part is that the support won't be able to help you and they will need a real technician to do it. A simple TeamViewer would do the trick, but it seems that it's impossible. Oh well that's why we have this thread. Trial and error.

http://moria.is

Electricity: 79 € per kW  p.a
Setup & Installation Fee: per device: 100 €  

Cool

My next SP10 will be hosted with you! When are you coming online? Will you offer bitcoin payments?

Post some picture from the datacenter! We are all geeks here and we love technology picture. Also since you are new here could you please post some references about your company history? No offense, but I wouldn't like to send my miner to you just to have it stolen.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
June 14, 2014, 12:07:22 PM
Icelandic datacenters might want to try bips.me as well, I suspect there might be closer banking cooperation between Danish banks and Icelandic banks.
Pages:
Jump to: