Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 51. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 27, 2014, 09:41:06 AM
€108 per month for 1SP10 is still a very affordable option. perhaps my next one should go to this, thanks for all your efforts guys, excellent groundwork for us.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 27, 2014, 09:38:12 AM
Sry, obviously i meant per kW, it was me being all sleepy and not checking what i wrote.

They provide service to bitcoin miners at these rates, starting from only one unit.
It is an all-inclusive rate, so the size of your rig doesn´t matter. They will provide rackspace for it in their 15-20kW racks in Iceland.
As far as i know they also host units that are not rackmountable, but not sure.

Hosting is in a facilty built only for bitcoin miners, so they have some people there that know their way around miners.
If you want to switch pools you most likely need to shoot them an email and they will do it.

At the quoted rate, it comes down to ~160$ per sp10 and month (1,3kW at wall, fully overclocked), which is an okay price imo, especially as they know what they are doing and not some DC staff "what is a bitcoin miner"

Hosting with spondoolies in Israel is sadly only a short-term solution, as their power costs are high and cooling requirements makes a DC in the hot Israeli climate a real challange.
Also, Israel´s power supply is 60% coal and basically the rest natural gas, so around 740g CO² per kwh which is not at all effective (98% fossil fuels)
Iceland´s electricity production is 100% renewable, so no harmful CO² emissions.

With the sp30, there will be an option for 290$/month long-term hosting in WA, and maybe also in another location, which spondoolies has hinted.

I personally hope that spondoolies will also provide a long-term hosting offer for their "old" sp10 customers, as it shouldn´t be too big a difference wether you put 2 sp10s or one sp30 in the rack, but time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
May 27, 2014, 08:57:27 AM
So no news? Collider?
I got my reply concerning cost from thor datacenter (90€ / kwh including everything, starting from 1 unit)
and i don´t think they will provide anything cheaper, unless you own your hosting container and just need them to provide power, in which case my bet would be 5-6ct / kwh

I have not yet received a reply from datacell yet. Might contact them again.

We need to sort something out. The kW vs kWh thing.

QuiveringGibbage has OP in kW which I think it's a different thing than kWh. For example one SP10 needs 1200W which is equal to 864 kWh per month. With the 90 euro per kWh it means that I only have to pay 78 euro per month which is damn nice. If it's 90 euro per kW then I will have to pay 108 euros.

Collider do you mind giving them another e-mail to clarify exactly this? Also ask them if they provide remote support or if they have a bit of training with bitcoin miners just in case we need to change pool or firmware or any other setting. Also this price includes rack space or do we need to pay extra for that? Is there anything else that miners need and it should be asked?
Activity: 714
May 27, 2014, 01:30:39 AM
So no news? Collider?
I got my reply concerning cost from thor datacenter (90€ / kw including everything, starting from 1 unit)
and i don´t think they will provide anything cheaper, unless you own your hosting container and just need them to provide power, in which case my bet would be 5-6ct / kwh

I have not yet received a reply from datacell yet. Might contact them again.

Edit: fixed typo.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
May 27, 2014, 12:25:17 AM
With the heat in Arizona now here, I was wondering I anyone knew of any Low priced Data Centers in Phoenix, AZ on the cheap.  I have 2 Antminer S1's. Thinking of maybe getting a couple more also.
Phoenix NAP
NextFort
http://www.datacentermap.com/usa/arizona/phoenix/
Activity: 434
May 26, 2014, 06:04:01 PM
great info thread QG. mind if I just *plop* in here to keep an eye on it, thanks old chap.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
May 26, 2014, 05:30:47 PM
* QuiveringGibbage is shipping a single SP10 to bobsag3 (http://minersource.net/pages/colocation) and another single SP10 sidehack (http://www.gekkoscience.com/) for hosting services.

More updates to come Smiley

Originally going to send via DHL to guarantee delivery in 2 days but from what's i've read on the forums, DHL isn't the greatest in the States. Will be shipping both via AusPost Express. These should be delivered by UPS State side (I've recently posted via AusPost, pretty quick) but Auspost said up to 5-7days to deliver instead of DHL's guaranteed 2 days. I do save up to ~$150 each package shipping them via AusPost.

It would be good to heard other peoples' shipping experience too. Especially to a particular hosting provider, so we know which courier companies to avoid shipping via if they are no good for that particular area.

Cheers,
QG
legendary
May 26, 2014, 04:31:54 PM
So no news? Collider?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 25, 2014, 02:36:24 PM
Nice pictures. What are your prices? What state are you in?

We are in San Diego.

I have owned my own datacenters since 1990's and most recently we have been using our expertise in power and cooling to colo bitcoin rigs in large installs.
We can negotiate pricing based on the rigs you have, their BTU's and the complexity of setup etc.  Note that we also offer revenue sharing agreements so miners
pay a % of coin rather than monthly service fees.

We are open minded and can typically deal with even the most complicated rigs. So we ARE miner friendly in every regard.  Let's face it, there not too much
money left in regular colo anymore, it makes perfect sense for us to re-purpose floor space for mining operations by doing custom builds for people when they need it.   Were more into the fiber market than colo these days so rigs make a nice use of our floor space.   Should you need high capacity bandwidth, we have tons and tons of it. :-)   That would be for building direct fiber and/or colo in our facilities though.

Were not only working with miners as a colo type service, my group is also investing into many bitcoin projects right now so we are very much convinced that bitcoin is here to stay.
Activity: 252
May 25, 2014, 02:10:58 PM
still looking for 3 to 6 units of mining rigs to be hosted here in philippines 3 units for fixed price monthly Smiley the location is safe in a residencial house in the city i am currently hosting 3 units of s1 antminer of squall1066 a member here if anyone is interested pls let me know
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
May 25, 2014, 12:20:14 PM
Yes, you have to buy one of our miners and get it hosted for a 2.5% of its hashing power. You choose what and where you mine.

You do not qualify. This thread should be only for miners who would like to move their units somewhere else.
There was nothing about moving in the OP, that's why I mentioned GAW's services.
legendary
May 25, 2014, 09:59:53 AM
Yes, you have to buy one of our miners and get it hosted for a 2.5% of its hashing power. You choose what and where you mine.

You do not qualify. This thread should be only for miners who would like to move their units somewhere else.
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
May 25, 2014, 07:39:58 AM

nice site, but can i send you my h/w? or must I buy yours?

I've looked at both and in my eyes you are mining CO-OPs, not CO-LOs.

The aim of this thread is to find BTC friendly CO-LO·cations to host our mining h/w.

CO-OP.erations mine together as one with restrictions to benefit the CO-OPerative.

I want to mine on my own, the way I want, with the h/w in a specific LOcation.

If anyone else disagrees, say so and I am happy to add them to the list.

Cheers,
QG

legendary
May 25, 2014, 07:07:16 AM
I would like to see a special package for bitcoin miners "first month free - additional 6 months commitment" in order to ease the shipping costs that miners have to pay upfront.
Activity: 102
May 24, 2014, 11:49:29 PM
Nice thread. Thanks for this.
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
May 24, 2014, 11:23:35 PM
Dont forget 619mining. :-)
http://619mining.com
Heres a very custom install we did this past month...   http://619mining.com/large-210.html
Look through all the photos, you will see a ton of crazy installation going on. We even assemble rigs for you.
We deal with the craziest rig installs. :-)
In business since 1990, loving every minute of it too!
nice pics, we can see what you are doing, but we still don't know what services you actually provide. You say you have been in business since the 90s.. what business is that? note: btc was only conceived around late 2008 and made real in 2009. this business you refer to can't have anything to do with bitcoins...

nice site, but can i send you my h/w? or must I buy yours?

I've looked at both and in my eyes you are mining CO-OPs, not CO-LOs.

The aim of this thread is to find BTC friendly CO-LO·cations to host our mining h/w.

CO-OP.erations mine together as one with restrictions to benefit the CO-OPerative.

I want to mine on my own, the way I want, with the h/w in a specific LOcation.

If anyone else disagrees, say so and I am happy to add them to the list.

Cheers,
QG
legendary
May 24, 2014, 04:49:12 PM

If you are not too concerned with physical location, ship them to us. We will setup and manage.

Nice pictures. What are your prices? What state are you in?
Activity: 70
May 24, 2014, 02:32:42 PM

If you are not too concerned with physical location, ship them to us. We will setup and manage.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 24, 2014, 01:50:53 PM
With the heat in Arizona now here, I was wondering I anyone knew of any Low priced Data Centers in Phoenix, AZ on the cheap.  I have 2 Antminer S1's. Thinking of maybe getting a couple more also.
Pages:
Jump to: