Pages:
Author

Topic: I am about to do something massivley stupid - page 3. (Read 24108 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Life's one big gamble.  The only way out is honorable death.  Then you'll get this final payout stuff yadda yadda, heaven or hell, that sort of thing.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
No, you're right. Continuing to gamble is always a better option than paying off money you borrowed.  Fuck you for loaning me money to buy a car and get an education, I've got blackjack to pay!!!!!

Not to mention, if you are paying cut-throat rates on your loans, the best option financially is pay them off early to avoid paying a majority of those fees, correct?
Bank loans are gambles made by the banks. They've mitigated their risk by leveraging high interest rates against the majority of their borrowers that they prey upon. I'm not saying you shouldn't pay your bills, but why pay them back faster than you need to? If you don't get what Bitcoin is about, then I can see why you consider it a gamble.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
No, you're right. Continuing to gamble is always a better option than paying off money you borrowed.  Fuck you for loaning me money to buy a car and get an education, I've got blackjack to pay!!!!!

Not to mention, if you are paying cut-throat rates on your loans, the best option financially is pay them off early to avoid paying a majority of those fees, correct?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

I think at this point (current price) I can pretty much pay off all my student loans and my husband's car as well, but somehow I feel like that would be a stupid thing to do  Tongue

Paying off debt is never a stupid thing to do. Cash out and pay off those loans early. Seriously.
Of course you should reward the predatory lenders that lobbied for the ridiculous rates they get. Or, you could hang on another few months and give the new developments a chance to drive up Bitcoin another order of magnitude.
daytrader/superhero
Yeah, if that investment is GUARANTEED to grow in value more than the interest rate for the entire life of the loan, then yes, you'd be right.

However, no investment vehicle on the planet can make that guarantee, particularly not bitcoin. In reality, this whole thing could crash to pennies tomorrow...the wise financial decision is to pay off outstanding debt early.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Paying off debt is never a stupid thing to do. Cash out and pay off those loans early. Seriously.
Of course paying off debt can be a stupid thing to to do.

When an investment is gaining more (flash crashes included) per week than the annual interest charge on a loan you'd be far better off making minimum payments than paying down the loan.
daytrader/superhero

I think at this point (current price) I can pretty much pay off all my student loans and my husband's car as well, but somehow I feel like that would be a stupid thing to do  Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Would be funny if he did; and repaid the student loan in 20 days Cheesy Bought a camaro with the change.

You learned that from your experience with that electric car?

(*ahem* hybrid. It takes gas)

Why yes, yes I did. Had I been able to foretell the future, and had known Bitcoin would do something this absurd, I would've held THAT money till now, and bought a new car, plus paid off ALL our debts, including the house. Oh well, I'm not out yet  Grin (and bought a huge amount again at $47 when it seemed "stable" again)
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Would be funny if he did; and repaid the student loan in 20 days Cheesy Bought a camaro with the change.

You learned that from your experience with that electric car?
legendary
Merit: 1005

Grin

Better hold on to the rest of them and see where it goes!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

legendary
Merit: 1005
He said he took out a $6k non-student loan for it.  So, yeah... good call OP.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
So did OP actually go through with it?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
What an idiot OP was...

Grin
Activity: 448
this statement is false
OP, you should've done it before recent 200% price increases.

try 800%
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Its posts like these that show the top of the market cant be far away.

I thought about the same thing two years ago and luckily had a 2000 tuition refund from loans that went straight to a check. I can't see the price dropping more than $5-10 short term, but mid-long, ie 6-24 months, I believe it's up.
Activity: 254
Digital money you say?

I know! XD

But I also believe we have a long way to go Smiley

Lose big, win big, I am down for this gamble. Roll them bones!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
PS: Then definitely college, undergrad Wink

Haha, no  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Pages:
Jump to: