Pages:
Author

Topic: I know there is no such thing as 'free energy' but what if it was possible? - page 17. (Read 18340 times)

Activity: 697
Merit: 500
Think about Tesla,he wanted to give the free energy
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
ICO is evil
There is no such thing as "unlimited energy" - see Thermodynamics. 

Free, or close to it, and plentiful energy however could well be a reality.  And yes, if it was plentiful and cheap enough it could solve most of the most important problems in the world.  It couldn't solve the fact that humans will eventually get bored and get ourselves into trouble, but things like hunger, the environment, poverty, clean water ect... yeah, it could.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
The laws of physics is a human construct to try to explain, and work, with parts of nature, nature is unconstrained by such laws.

I am going to stop here and recommend that you take another look at Conservation laws in the field of Physics. It is not what they say, but what they mean.

Yet, the laws are only as good as we can be good at determining them. Consider https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8831610.

Smiley
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
mene mene tekel upharsin
The laws of physics is a human construct to try to explain, and work, with parts of nature, nature is unconstrained by such laws.

I am going to stop here and recommend that you take another look at Conservation laws in the field of Physics. It is not what they say, but what they mean.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
I would suggest reading 'ancient energies of the earth' and know all you need to. If you cant find it online, I can mail a copy, since it's, well, scottish Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
I know this is a science forum and not a forum for conspiracy theorists but I have always been intrigued by the idea of a world where everyone has access to 'free' energy. What impact would it have on the world? Would it solve 99 per cent of all problems?

There will never be "free" energy.  You'll always pay a fee to the power company to maintain the plants and transmissions lines, regardless of what the power itself costs to create.

I think the term you might be looking for is "unlimited" energy?

Now and again I can agree with Vod.

Consider that if you were wealthy enough that all your needs in life were taken care of, and all you had to do is digest your food, you would still have to expend energy to do that. It wouldn't quite be free energy, although it might be very close.

It is similar with ALL energy. Electrical energy that we have harnessed for use in everyday electrical and electronic equipment is freely available. It may not be entirely free to generate, because you still have to expend muscle energy to build the generators, etc., but it is available in such quantities that, once the equipment to harness it was built, it might seem free.

The thing that we are attempting to do is to harness a tad of the tremendous quantities of energy in the universe in ways that are not controlled by the big power corporations, or the governments. In other words, it isn't free energy that we are looking for, as much as freedom for the people.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
There's no such thing as free energy because that's not how the laws of physics works, there is however plenty of cheap energy, everything has a cost and has to come from something especially when you try generating electricity, the problem is people who declare free energy don't think about what they're saying that much which is why it gets thrown around so often especially in politics.

I wouldn't think there was unlimited either really, because even plentiful resources are finite but I could be proven wrong on that point but we haven't discovered anything that is truly unlimited yet.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I know this is a science forum and not a forum for conspiracy theorists but I have always been intrigued by the idea of a world where everyone has access to 'free' energy. What impact would it have on the world? Would it solve 99 per cent of all problems?

There will never be "free" energy.  You'll always pay a fee to the power company to maintain the plants and transmissions lines, regardless of what the power itself costs to create.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: