Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 85. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

mostly who investing in alt coins that people never get to loss but few times it may happens. so nothing to worry about it. you have to try to invest in bit coin seriously, bit coin has great demand present so once try it. then you getting more profit and you have chance to cover your alt coins loss in bit coin. so invest in bit coin trading. one of the good and easy way to invest and also bit coin has great security power so nothing will happens to your coin.you have to buy eth coins also. and both are keep hold few months or years then you get profit.

that is true, most of the time losing does not happen but when it happens it is upsetting I know, sorry to hear that. as 80 percent seems like already gone I would keep it at this point I guess.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
If bitcoin will fall maybe these coins will give you your money back, because always when bitcoin is falling altcoins will rise up. This is happening nearly always so you can expect it.

Dogecoin that its a jokecoin has also rise a now bit thanks that bitcoin is now falling.
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
To my mind, there is no use to sell altcoins when the price is much less than it has been before. It's better to wait when the price is higher. Also you can change Bitcoin into fiat, because the price is going down and buy it again. It can help you to make a profit.

Simple case of buy low and sell high again, the difficulty is that OP bought high so he has put himself in a difficult situation. For me in these times I try to forget what price I bought at and simply decide if it is a good time to be buying or selling, if it's good to buy I hold, if not I sell.

I feel if you bought high and the prices are now low, it's obviously not a good time for selling. Unless you have enough money and don't care.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
To my mind, there is no use to sell altcoins when the price is much less than it has been before. It's better to wait when the price is higher. Also you can change Bitcoin into fiat, because the price is going down and buy it again. It can help you to make a profit.

Simple case of buy low and sell high again, the difficulty is that OP bought high so he has put himself in a difficult situation. For me in these times I try to forget what price I bought at and simply decide if it is a good time to be buying or selling, if it's good to buy I hold, if not I sell.
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Get it back! Based on the last two rises, this one looks like it should be crossing into the $1.00 range and continue up towards $1.50 or higher. We've already seen a sharp rise from $0.30 to $0.60 over the last two weeks... there's still plenty of room to double your money at least by getting in now. The future of Spectre looks bright!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XSPEC_BTC
Activity: 327
Merit: 101
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

mostly who investing in alt coins that people never get to loss but few times it may happens. so nothing to worry about it. you have to try to invest in bit coin seriously, bit coin has great demand present so once try it. then you getting more profit and you have chance to cover your alt coins loss in bit coin. so invest in bit coin trading. one of the good and easy way to invest and also bit coin has great security power so nothing will happens to your coin.you have to buy eth coins also. and both are keep hold few months or years then you get profit.
Honestly, you are just saying about theory, but when you trading, you will understand predict and confirm a cryptocurrency really has power and good future is very hard. Bitcoin and Ethereum do not guarantee these cryptocurrencie can have good price in future. So, just holding like your said, I will use that amount to saving can be better Cheesy
Activity: 672
I think you should keep up to 3-6 months anymore you will have words not to sell now if you sell you will lose all you should throw away and do your work in a few months you go back to the account sure you will surprise
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
Good alts will almost always bounce back, I hope this is the case for you as well, but if not I would just take it as a learning experience.
Activity: 490
Well, if you followed the advice of those (like me) that said HODL, you're probably smiling today given the market's tilt back to alts. Hope you didn't sell at a loss.
Activity: 840
Just hold the coins for better investment in the future. They might have potential in the next generation.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
atleast 60% ppl are in the same situation , hold it as long u can or else try to sell in less loss , always use stop loss for future trading
Activity: 1189
Merit: 107
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
i dont know bro, maybe u hold after the price same like when u buy it
or sell it now and start trading to other altcoin.  up to you bro
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hey there

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
Investment risk : Never put all your eggs in one basket.

This is definitely correct rule and the most important rule, if OP put most money in bitcoin or ethereum, he would not lose so much, altcoins are very risky.
HODLing may generally not apply to some shitcoins and unless the OP is sure the coin he is holding has potential to rise back fast after the fork then he should hold. Otherwise if he is holding some shitcoins that has probably gone totally down the drain and there is still chance to sell, I will advise he sells it and buy a potential coin at a very low price now so as to recover back after the fork quickly. Just my own opinion.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Hey there

Right there with you mate, I also bought Ripple, Nem and DGB when bitcoin was lower than 2K, now its above 6K, obviously huge losses at the moment.
But I think only option for us is now holding, selling at such huge losses won't be a good option.
So lets just wait and hope for the best, maybe in a few month or a year or so, the alt rise again.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
you're in a bit of a pickle but believe me many others are in your situation. holding is the best way not to lose 80%. I'm sure stratis will recover some time next year and make you a lot of money. DGB i don't really know... If they do not become successful at all you can always hope it gets pumped and dumped by a group and still make some money. Just try not to sell at a lower price than the price you initially paid.
Activity: 490
I think that losing a large part of the deposit is a problem of 80% of all,
who is here. This is also a great lesson for me. Hold 50-60% of your deposit in bitcoins, then the entire deposit, at least, will be saved. Do not give up, you're not alone))
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Hold them for some time and see how the prices will effect. Also the one you bought are good coins so wait till the fork update.
Don't take much pressure on you and concentrate with other coins and Bitcoin too as they may bring some profits.
Activity: 322
There's a saying around that advise never sell when in loss and continue to HODL!! Then again, the traditional investment advice would be to cut losses early than to lose everything. This brings us back to another advise that anyone should have considered before investing in cryptocurrency, never invest more than you can lose. So if it's an amount that you can afford to lose.. HODL to the end!!!
Pages:
Jump to: