Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 84. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
These coins have a prospect for growth, when altcoins will rise in price. I think it will be right to keep them and patience will reward you with a good profit. If you now sell these coins yourself at a loss and buy bitcoin, this is more risk than keeping your coins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
That's a great loss. I won't even ask how much BTC did you have. My advice is to wait for the next fork in December. I think that altcoins will then stabilize and you will return your initial investment, maybe not all but some of it. If you sell your remaining alts you are risking your possible profit if they stabilize itself. For future always reserve 50 or more % of bitcoins and keep them cause they always have small changes in value and they cant fall down in a blink of an eye like altcoins can.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

It's a waiting game now. I've been doing this for years.  If you can separate your emotions from the equation does selling actually make sense to you?  SIA has been in the news quite a lot lately.  Read up on each coin and check out their communities.  If very active, I'd keep holding.
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
If bitcoin will fall maybe these coins will give you your money back, because always when bitcoin is falling altcoins will rise up. This is happening nearly always so you can expect it.

Dogecoin that its a jokecoin has also rise a now bit thanks that bitcoin is now falling.
Simple if the BTC falls albeit slightly then the ALT rises,it's often the case that you are right now ALT is moving forward but I think it will not last long.See all ALT simultaneously move up as now there is only 1 possibility of whale being on ALT is quite profitable to sell now even though only a little profit.
The whale are controlling the altcoin price, why do they keep altcoin value even though the Bitcoin price ups or downs?
Clearly, something controlls the price and only the whale have money to do that.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
And what's the point of selling now? Only you will lose your means. It remains only to keep in a long time and hope to increase the price several times. In general, it was not worth buying all the means, it was worth keeping at least 30% in bitcoin.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
More of us altcoin holders is lost right now i am also lost around 50% but its ok as long as BTC price continue to increase i dont think i still feel that lost, i also prefer to hold all of my coin until next year and then i will decide if i need to sell it.
you should still hold it. This is a market volatility. Let buy altcoins with the triple times' quantity you are holding and wait until they recover in next week. You will get your money back.
Activity: 168
Merit: 104
This is the reason why my mentor taught me to stay 60l40 ratio of my portfolio 60 for my BTC and 40 for the alts.

a reasonable ratio, I suggest substantial diversifying these 40% among at least 5-10 alts. In past I've used to poorly diversify and lost 2-3 BTC : ( Nowadays I arrange my portfolio more wisely
Activity: 518
I am sure you must have seen some recovery or probably profit provided you held your coin and bought the deep during raging bitcoin rally! Many altcoin are in the green since the announcement of segwit 2x hard fork cancellation. The way cryptocurrency works is not mysterious at all. Just study the cryptocurrency circle, and you will win.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
80% is consider a lot. It seems like you have over invested, so it is good that you take a step back and reflect on where you should change or not. Losing now does not means losing in the future. So understand why you invest in that alts in the first.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun
We are in the same boat,i did give my 80% portfolio to alts now its getting burned out.But we need patience and hope for the best of Alts.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
This is the reason why my mentor taught me to stay 60l40 ratio of my portfolio 60 for my BTC and 40 for the alts.
Merit: 104
To my mind, there is no use to sell altcoins when the price is much less than it has been before. It's better to wait when the price is higher. Also you can change Bitcoin into fiat, because the price is going down and buy it again. It can help you to make a profit.

Simple case of buy low and sell high again, the difficulty is that OP bought high so he has put himself in a difficult situation. For me in these times I try to forget what price I bought at and simply decide if it is a good time to be buying or selling, if it's good to buy I hold, if not I sell.

I feel if you bought high and the prices are now low, it's obviously not a good time for selling. Unless you have enough money and don't care.

I can imagine how stressful it is. It is the main idea of investing / trading. buy low and sell high but sometimes you are caught to traps. if I'd lose %80 percent, I would probably hold it for future maybe it rises up.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
If bitcoin will fall maybe these coins will give you your money back, because always when bitcoin is falling altcoins will rise up. This is happening nearly always so you can expect it.

Dogecoin that its a jokecoin has also rise a now bit thanks that bitcoin is now falling.
Simple if the BTC falls albeit slightly then the ALT rises,it's often the case that you are right now ALT is moving forward but I think it will not last long.See all ALT simultaneously move up as now there is only 1 possibility of whale being on ALT is quite profitable to sell now even though only a little profit.
Activity: 240
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

That was really an awful scenario where you are into right now. Well, in that situation I think it will be best if you will still HODL into your investment on those coins until you can regain what you have spent on it. The next time you were going to buy with the use of your bitcoin, just assure that you will still save a little bit and assure that your decided type of investment will be suited for your part to avoid having this scenario once again.
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
Sell them if you want to be an idiot.
copper member
Activity: 463
Merit: 251
Hey there

I think it would be better to hold.If you do not have patience in the crypto world, you can not make good profits.Do not be impatient because of decreasing the coins.These coins are very good coins.If you hold this year, hopefully you can make good profits
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
💲
Hey there

since you already lost, i think holding is the only option
Activity: 204
Merit: 252
Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding.
I have a almost 95% of alt coins in my portfolio but I chose Alt with big marketcap so I strongly believe that they will recover their original value.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Buy more if you can, but this purchase should not have a big impact on your life! Buy the altcoin you are interested in and think it is promising
Pages:
Jump to: