Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 86. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Today, with breakthrough of $ 6000, I also lost 40% of the maximum BTC Cry
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
The best thing you can do now is to hold and wait for the right timing. If you believe the value of those altcoins you invested in will bounce back then fight for it take note that patience is virtue. Sometimes holding altcoins as long term investment may give us a better profit but not all we need to select the right one to avoid loss. Control your emotion don't do stupid decissions if you don't want to end up with the word like "regret".
Maybe, some altcoins can not recover after a long time as few years.
Example CLAM, Steem, LBRY, ... are these coins can not recover to old highest price of last year till today.
You can check again the highest price of these coin in last year, then compare to current price and please consider continue to hold or need to take lose and begin again.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

For me, i will hold it until all your investment rise again and you can have your profit. Lossing 80% was not easy but if you have a lot of patience you will not get any losses but a profit but it takes time.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
There always high risk in crypto coin investment. You just invested in the wrong timing, all you can do now it hodl till it rised. All the best to you.
Activity: 50
Just forget about them for 1 year, and then come back and look.
Activity: 231
Presale is live!
I think its not a good idea to sell your coins with 80% loss that is too much to take, better hold your coins those are good coins maybe next year new ath is coming and you will recover. So just be patient and stay calm.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
Selling at 80% loss isn't advisable as it will get you nothing. What more can happen is 100% loss that is impossible unless value goes to zero. So, it is better to hold right now and all those coins have huge potential to recover at least by next year. So, forget about them as for now and have patience. The biggest mistake you did was to have a portfolio entirely of Altcoins. Always have 50% of Bitcoin and 50% of altcoins in your portfolio. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that has the highest chance of survival in the market as it is the most famous and adoptable currency. Never ever put your whole investment only in altcoins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I still believe the downward direction will still continue until Febuary next year, so if you want to get out now, do when you can or you hold on to your investment which is no sin
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hey there

The best thing you can do now is to hold and wait for the right timing. If you believe the value of those altcoins you invested in will bounce back then fight for it take note that patience is virtue. Sometimes holding altcoins as long term investment may give us a better profit but not all we need to select the right one to avoid loss. Control your emotion don't do stupid decissions if you don't want to end up with the word like "regret".
Activity: 1204
well, for now, you have to be patient, and try again. it may be very bad to lose 80% of the bitcoin you have. but, I do not think you're the only one who feels it's a friend. I've also felt that way, and all you can do is be patient, and try again.
Activity: 350
Hey there

Never put your emotions on trading especially in a volatile market like Crypto. I want to think that before you invested, you prepared your self to "lose" those amount and will not affect your financial status, right? if so, just let it play on the market, don't sell yet, one day whales of your coins will pump it and that's the time you will enjoy the fruit of your earnings
Activity: 236
Merit: 105
i suggest hold
never sell bitcoin for alts,the dev team of altcoin,they just want bitcoin or eth!that is why bitcoin price would keep up up up!
you like altcoins, no problem, because it could be a big chance, but never put in  more than 10% of your all bitcoin or eth!
Activity: 180
This is what I want you to do: HODL. Just hodl bro, your alts are just dying because of the rise of bitcoin Smiley. There is nothing to worry about now, before the fork bitcoin will go down so JUST HODL.

If you say it like that it doesn't sound too hopeful Tongue "they are just dying".
I'd say the money is elsewhere right now, but it will all come back around soon enough.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
This is what I want you to do: HODL. Just hodl bro, your alts are just dying because of the rise of bitcoin Smiley. There is nothing to worry about now, before the fork bitcoin will go down so JUST HODL.
Activity: 340

That's absolutely mental, why on earth would you invest even more in a token that's lost so much? Cut your losses and learn the lesson.

Well, you'd be right if he had lost 20% and would still have 80%, but once you have lost 80% the losses that you can cut are quite minuscole compared with the ones you have already swallowed.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
I am sure your paper 80% loss must have reduced to let say 20% if you haven't sold ! Crypto market is huge and deep. If there is temporal decline in our fortune especially if it is on paper, One must strive not to make hasty decision!
Activity: 720
Hey there

Looks like your loss is really high you should wait for these coins price to increase.
First you should see that market and some reviews etc on these coins and see if they are going up, if you see nothing but loss then I would suggest you should sell all and keep the money you get from them, Because something is better then nothing. You will have some money then no money.

Holding is not a good option when there is no future of these coins except loss and zero value.

Activity: 224
Whatever you do, do not sell. You will lose out even more. I suggest you hodl.. Lock those coins away in a paper wallet and forget about them. Start a new portfolio. Those coins will rise again, just not at your own pace. So try to be a little patient. Do not chase hype coins when you start afresh, you will end up in the same situation.
Activity: 18
Well, there is strategy called Average down! If you had been using the strategy you may not have lost so much. It is not late now. Double the units you have in all these coin. Any 10 % to 20% increase in price will automatically put you in profit! Keep buying the deep and you won't lose a dime at the end of the day!

A Perfect advice for those who are holding Altcoin

That's absolutely mental, why on earth would you invest even more in a token that's lost so much? Cut your losses and learn the lesson.

A better strategy is buy in chunks not all your eggs in one basket. Say a coin is worth 10 and you think it may go up to 12. Buy 25% of what you wanted to invest.

Day 2, it's now at 8 ok buy another 25%

Day 3, it's now worth 5 - At this point you can either go the full remaining 50% if you think it's at it's bottom or continue with the 25% investment again.

At end of it say the ending price is 7 by time you've blown all your funds. You got some tokens above that price and some below so you may be slightly up or slightly down.

Of course this also works in reverse, profits will be less as well. But your not going 'all in' at a certain price.

If you think 5 is the bottom, why on earth were you buying at 10? 

Activity: 711
just wait till after the hard fork that is when alts will recover. most probably november will be very bullish for alts.

also you do not lose any btc until you sell your alt coins, so tip 1 dont sell. wait for recovery.
Pages:
Jump to: