Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 88. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Depends.  What alcoins were they?  A lot of people sold altcoins in hoping for additional bitcoin gold coins when the fork happens.  If they are reputable altcoins, hold them and they should go back up.

Second this suggestion, selling at such a loss with reputable altcoins would be a bad decision. As I'm sure those that sold their bitcoins and litcoins, etc during the crash a few years ago will attest, hodling is best if you believe in the tech.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

You can wait for the increasing price of bitcoin to sell your 20%  of bitcoin with that waiting you can back a percent for your 80% and after that you can find a trust faucet and trust invest or trade bitcoin site to back your lost 80% of bitcoin

This would be my advise too, no point in selling now but to wait...
Activity: 344
Merit: 107
Hey there

very sad news...!! why you invest all bitcoin with only three coins it is big fault i think.Because firstly you need market analysis than invest some money. Digibyte is not high effective coin.Now you can sell this coin and buy new potential coin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Investment risk : Never put all your eggs in one basket.

This is definitely correct rule and the most important rule, if OP put most money in bitcoin or ethereum, he would not lose so much, altcoins are very risky.

Yeah , but if your put on new coin/not popular , maybe its can be dump to low price.
Because a new coin have not stable price , can be decrease to based price  Cheesy
Altcoin = Like a new baby come to the world  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Not every one really knows how to trade and some people just always end up gambling their position in the altcoin market. Some don't even set stop loss which is what amuses me the most until they have lost so much. At this stage, and looking at the market, it is simply obvious he has lost a lot and he was not really following the market movement to let it get to that point. But that is trading, shit happens! just learn from it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Hey there

You can wait for the increasing price of bitcoin to sell your 20%  of bitcoin with that waiting you can back a percent for your 80% and after that you can find a trust faucet and trust invest or trade bitcoin site to back your lost 80% of bitcoin
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
Hey there

I think it's better to hold your altcoin because all altcoin prices are now down because Bitcoin prices are rising and hard fork will happen. hold and be patient I am also stuck in altcoin.
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
Buy more bitcoin.  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
you should hold. i mean you have nothing to lose.
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
I would always keep at least 1/3 of my portfolios value in BTC.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
HODL and it will reach the previous levels eventually
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Dont worry, you just need to hodl all your investments.
Activity: 882
Risk is an integral part, a basement of the investing process. We can nothing to do, because we know about factor named ''risk'', and about profit and loss of this process.

As for me the right decision is to diversify investments with intelligent.
Activity: 190
it is quite unlucky situation that you had lost your 80% of your bitcoins, sorry for that but you need to be patient.
i suggest that you wait for a while. you could take back at least your invest amount maybe. The most of the altcoins have this risks and stress always.
Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
A tale as old as time, well as old as 2009+, dumping btc and hoping for some quick gains in alts, hoping they rise 100x etc.

Problem is most are sh*tcoins, and the one that rises is btc ;d
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
HOLD it forever..
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I have problems with downloading Blockchain.
Activity: 6
Actually, bitcoins are just overhyped. This coin is the best alternative for BTC.
Activity: 263
YGOLD is a Defi platform
I think that you can not do anything now. You should hold them and pray! Hope that they recover soon. Cheesy
Activity: 50
Depends on your personal sitution and in the alts you invest. If the alts has a great potencial and you don't need the money right now you can hold and see how the evolution of the market goes.

If not sell everthing and stay out of the market, research a litte bit more and invest when the market offers a good entrance point for you.
Activity: 434
Same here bro my portfolio also bleeding like never before I am not sure what to shall I sell it out or wait for November 18 . Because till that I was knowing about bitcoin fork in October 25 now one more for is mention 2x on November 18 more or less . Still one month+ days I have to wait . Hope things will settle down after that it has to settle down otherwise I will be getting big loss.
Pages:
Jump to: