Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 89. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Investment risk : Never put all your eggs in one basket.

This is definitely correct rule and the most important rule, if OP put most money in bitcoin or ethereum, he would not lose so much, altcoins are very risky.

Yeah , but if your put on new coin/not popular , maybe its can be dump to low price.
Because a new coin have not stable price , can be decrease to based price  Cheesy
Altcoin = Like a new baby come to the world  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 154
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

In altcoin , Hold = Hodl  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Follow your heart , dont panic sell , just waiting more time , then the coin raise up , sell all.
Dont hodl too long time , because we can predict the coin will raise up or just stable on their condition.
And sometimes the coin will dump to low price  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Gosh, what a coincidence, these were the exact same 3 coins I bought in one time. I bought other alts also on different days, always in pairs. This all happened in the past three or four weeks, and all looked like such great buys because they were so low. And everywhere there were posts of "buy the dips", so I bought those dips. Well, we all know what happened next. I am in 50% losses for many of them, overall. I cannot do anything but hold now. Or sell some and hope to get back a bit of fork coin profit? I am at a loss!
Activity: 297
Merit: 250

This is definitely correct rule and the most important rule, if OP put most money in bitcoin or ethereum, he would not lose so much, altcoins are very risky.
Activity: 464
It’s seems you lost really big time. Your incident shows us one more time that bitcoin is always safest coin. It’s almost a guaranteed profit in long term. Next time leave at least half of your money on bitcoin. Selling isn’t gonna do any good now. Try to find some good prospects.
Activity: 362
Activity: 490
DO NOT fix losses, in a year you will return your losses. be patient. These are normal projects. And when the market again goes into a bullish phase, everything will be ok
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
Just hold it, it would be hard if you sell your coins now. You only get 20% and you must recover 80% from your amount, there is no other way except hold it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Sell the coins and it's time to search for other coin,  but due this few months the market for alt coin is not good,  the fluctuations is high and the trend keep on going down,  I think for this few month it is better to hold bitcoin or eth,  bitcoin will fork soon so there is possibility to earn more
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Sell all the coin. and stay out from the market.

Studying the market, read many topic in bitcointalk so that you are veteran with trading.

Then come back to earn and take revenge for Alt coin. Smiley
Activity: 402
wait after BTC fork.. the market may recover after that.
Activity: 229
The Operating System for DAOs
sell your bags and invest in true king ! bTC
Activity: 574
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

You already commited a mistake amd if you sell it, it's much worst because your altcoins will just makes you lose more money. In your case the least you can do is trust your coins and have the patience for holding these until it pumps. Next time when you're planning to buy altcoins just do a research and seek advice to those who are well experience. Don't take the risk.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
exactly, just wait it will go up again... if not now, then the next big wave is when institutional money comes in, and there is no limit where crypto can go IMO. The may/june rally will seem like a joke then Smiley
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
You should have thought about risk.
You can sell them immediately if you wish. But take my advice: be patient! You should wait for prices to recover. Market have always recovered from a downturn. After, you can trade it or sell it straight away.
Activity: 196
Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18
It's hard to sell with 80% of loss. I suggest you hold and wait for prices rising.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
be patient if you want to get the money back, my friend.
Invest in waves or ethereum and wait. Good luck Cheesy
you advise him to wait and at the same time advise him to invest, LOL Tongue
i think he have to wait because right now different ICO's started and divert the attention of peoples from the coin on which you invest, don't worry all these shitty coins ICO will soon be failed and people come back to their old coins and their price get high with in a week.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Hey there

Ouch! It is all a question of timing. If you had invested in March instead of June, your stash would have increased by a factor of 20. At such big haircuts, I don't recommend selling. Sit tight and wait for the price to recover.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
States haven't joined the party yet, it'll be a heck of a fun when all the governments will start to mass Bitcoins. They can't stop it, so... I guess they will just take profits while it's not too late.  Wink

I read the news somewhere that Russia has started CryptoRuble or something similar. I think more governments will be jumping into this.
Activity: 392
the Cat-a-clysm.
I have lost 100% of my bitcoins in margin call, one time  Grin
big time.

Anyway, we all have been through theses kinds of troubles. But worry not, my friend ! For there is still plenty of time for you to get back your money. Think about that guy that made 40'000% in 6 month only by trading on Ethereum all day, this guy must have tanked some serious hits before arriving to this kind of profits ! You don't need more than a few hundred bucks to approach the million by the year 2025. Choose wisely, for there's other projects that will pack a punch like Ethereum did.

States haven't joined the party yet, it'll be a heck of a fun when all the governments will start to mass Bitcoins. They can't stop it, so... I guess they will just take profits while it's not too late.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: