Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 10. (Read 10097 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 16
Well everyone in trading have at least made this mistake once,so you have to learn from this experience and try to not make the same mistake.Next time,you should research the coin that you want to invest,like the news of future update
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
I think that there is nothing to be done with the money that you have already invested, so I would probably have for you to try to invest in crypto-currencies, because it seems to me the right action, it's strange but it's a fact and an opportunity for the future.
Activity: 294
You should hold them, as long as you are not entering the market when the price are at the peak of mountain. If you in that situation better to sell them right away and wait for another opportunity.

I think so, you should keep it right now because it will decrease and you will have to find out if it is due to the market or its own, because the market will improve good in the future.
Activity: 345
Merit: 16
how can you lose that ? if you haven't sold yet ... just be patient and wait until the market grows again

That is so, so stupid. Yes you have lost, no you shouldn't wait.

Read this - From the BBC - "The Trick to Learning When to Cut your Losses"
Most, if not all, of the posters on this thread are falling into the Sunk Cost Fallacy.

... it will help http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180914-the-trick-to-learning-when-to-cut-your-losses
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
I am additionally a facing this issue. 60% of my contributed cash vanished because of this crash!! I think this is a typical thing in crypto. Be tolerance and hold for quite a while. You will without a doubt get benefit from it.
in any case, the loss can be considered only you action well, where you sell coins at a very cheap price. But if the price has decreased and the coins are not for sale, And still is in your purses, then you just need to be patient and wait. Prices will go up ambiguously and you will receive your income unequivocally.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
 I am additionally a facing this issue. 60% of my contributed cash vanished because of this crash!! I think this is a typical thing in crypto. Be tolerance and hold for quite a while. You will without a doubt get benefit from it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
You can not do much in this case because once you lost your cryptocurrency or altcoins you can't retrieve it.
Activity: 486
I also lose a substantial amount in my portfolio but i will still hold and not to sell it. If you have the confidence in crypto and have trust that the price will rise again maybe you can holding the coins you have until the price of your coins deserves to be sold. or you can focus on your work while waiting for the price to return to normal. Cheesy Wink
Activity: 260
at this time, i think you should HOLD, find another job to do! Join some bounty campaign and wait for the market up ! Good luck !
participating in a bounty campaign does not guarantee you will get money, today many ICO projects are hit and run bringing investor money without developing the products they create.

That is right. But on the other hand, you don't need to invest money in bounty, it requires only efforts&time. So in the worst case you will not lose any cent. But 1 of 20 bounty( or 1 of 30..50..100..etc.) must grow for sure and bring some money.
Let's say bounty is a variant without losses, for those who have a time, but have no money at the moment.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
No one can predict the price of cryptocurrencies. If you lose half your money, I think you should hold on. Because the market will go up again until higher prices.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
You mistake of getting caught up in midst of fomo, euphoria of that moment isn't your fault or anybody's fault, you only tried taking some risk just as every other great man would take it. However, since it has turned out this way for you, all that is needed is patience and perseverance. Believe this, that before the last year's bullish run, so many are crying just like you are doing now, alas! In the long run, they eventually had the last laugh. I think same will definitely be your portion and every other person facing a synonymous problem. Shalom!
Activity: 39
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
Sorry this happened to you buddy. This happens once in while, but the best thing to do now is to hold those coins you have in your wallet, cos selling it now will only result to an accumulated loss. By the time the market pulls back you will definitely get your profit
copper member
Activity: 381
Personally, I have had a good amount of losses too... While this is very frustrating, I did keep calm and held some who were promising at the time.. Others I converted to other alts with higher chances of moving again..
Activity: 33
If you are going to be an investor, the biggest name of the game is patience. Even good coins can be deemed as shitty coins if their value drops. Best is to monitor if the project has potential and promise, If so, trust me the value will go up eventually you have to hold. You are most certain to recover it and maybe make more, if you didnt invest in  a scam.
Activity: 322
Merit: 40
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
If you haven't sold yet, better to hold your crypto coins until the market will recover. As of now the bear market is still on, you're not the only one who have that much lost in crypto. Keep believing if you have a trust the coin you bought.

I use the same strategy, when you trade without stop losses then you can make big losses. Because of this reason is it important to put a stop loss while you trade.
Activity: 62
If you haven't sold yet, better to hold your crypto coins until the market will recover. As of now the bear market is still on, you're not the only one who have that much lost in crypto. Keep believing if you have a trust the coin you bought.
Activity: 560
at this time, i think you should HOLD, find another job to do! Join some bounty campaign and wait for the market up ! Good luck !
participating in a bounty campaign does not guarantee you will get money, today many ICO projects are hit and run bringing investor money without developing the products they create.
Activity: 392
Often, Investing in cryptocurrency comes with its risks. Investment should be done after due diligence to avoid such stories. Don't invest what you can't afford to lose.
Activity: 280
Activity: 157
Sorry, bro. I'm also the same. I joined crypto about 1 year ago. Investing is too risky sometimes we didn't know if the strategy we are doing is the best or not. That's the reason why as for i am just holding my coins because as for today the market is not stable. We will loss so much if we didn't think carefully. But dont loss hope it is not the end continue working and soon it your coins will come back again.
Pages:
Jump to: