Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 97. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

The worst thing that you will do right now is to pull out everything with tears in your eyes. That is not a wise thing to do either. That is the last thing you will really decide on doing. At this point in time, you really have to shun away your emotions and learn to think of the longer road and wider horizon. If what you saw in December got you dumbfounded and brave, then wait for that moment to happen again. That's much better than pulling out losing.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
You shouldnt be buying anything without any proper knowledge,because our market is full of shitty scam coins,a lot of people are getting fomo because of the pumps and dumps but that is normal when you are into something new.Im sure right now you would be more vigillant with your investment and you are going to research a lot before buying anything because you have lose money with your carelessness.

I would say that you are not the only one get into that embarrasses situation, looking back to my last 2 month, it's the first period of my trading carreer, I and 3 of my firends started investing ICO, I remember its was Bitdegree, an very potential project, and as our expectations, the price pump to x10 but we were so silly, so greedy overestimating and imaginating that coin, and then belong to the down course of Bitcoin + scandal of ETH + the detorioration of lendingcoin + Japanese exchange's bankrupt +....my porforlio's value reduce 70% - 80%. How can things I do? So boring day, with all red exchange. In 2018, even that there were be some rehabilitation, but its nothing with my earlier value. But i still believe in crypto and decide to do my own research, I invest to another ICO and thanks god its bring me x3. Its mean that, we have to accept the rule that crypto has no rules at all. Be strong and realistic, come to other way, dont just be sorrow, use the brain to take back what we lose.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
Currently I have no advice for you, but I hope the price of your altcoin holding will increase again, you trust the market in the future, 2018 will be the year boom. I'm sure it will happen. Be assured, it is a learning experience for yourself. Wish you more success in the future.
Activity: 432
Techspecs already sold more than 250 thousand tokens. Don't miss out on the opportunity to participate on its pre-sale. Visit the website for more information about the promising ICO.
copper member
Activity: 67
Blockchain enthusiast, English-French Translator
What to do ? Just take it as a lesson, never FOMO again (it's hard I know and sometimes a bit of FOMO can work) and never panic sell. If you missed your stop loss, just hold. You will make it back don't worry.

PS: Oh and avoid Ripple
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Of course it's very sad that you lost half of your deposit, but on the other hand, we all lose something here, someone by virtue of their greediness loses almost all of its deposit, someone loses 20% of their deposit. We are all not perfect.
Activity: 308
I on your place would not have panicked and left everything to the best of times, the market is cyclical and someday he will once again be restored

This is the best advice for the current difficult times. We need to wait for the recovery of the crypto currency market. It will definitely happen, but it is not known when.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
I on your place would not have panicked and left everything to the best of times, the market is cyclical and someday he will once again be restored
Activity: 409
Never sell coins when the market is low. Try to buy more and sell on the next up leg. At the minute, it's a buyers market so load up on the solid plays like NEO, Eth, Bitcoin, IOTA, and Tron.
Activity: 169
Market have been crazy over the last few months so the best thing to do is to hold and wait until values completely recovers from the dip. If you still have the financial capacity to purchase some coins and take advantage of the low prices, it would also be a good thing to do but choose the coins you will buy carefully.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
I am also one of those guys that lost %50 to %70. But I didn't panic for single second while it was happening. So you shouldn't worry and wait for markets to start recovering. Then you will be fine.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
it seems that you are not alone in facing this situation, I am too, even my friend is worse, this is the risk of cryptocurrency, but believe me, just hold, you will get the value back, keep the spirit

Almost all investors are in the same situation. The main thing now is not to start the panic. It will be also cool if those, who start losing won't sell their altcoins. Experts say that in 2018 the market of crypto will grow again.
Activity: 182
I used stop loss on exchange. So my loss was not so big. But I hold I altcoin and it is in its half price. I will wait for a long time for its recovery. I believe that market cycle keeps the same moves. So at least I can sell it at the same price. But many people lost so much money after last crash in the market. It is better to hodl and wait.
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
I’m in the same boat if it makes you feel better. It seemed like such a sure thing, even for crypto.

Look in the mirror and say tomorrow is a new day! Next time take profits!!!!
Activity: 64
Start all over again but this time more intelligently. Cryptocurrency is in complete contrast to wall street and stock market and that doesn't mean it is inferior to them in quality and potential for profit. Study the coin you are investing in and learn.
Activity: 190
If need your money now you can only withdrawal and thats all. If you are interested in cryptoworld and want earn with it- wait until price will be pumped
Activity: 126
You are not the first who lost his achievements in the crypto-currency, but nevertheless you have to wait, I think everything will be fine.
Activity: 110
You have to understand that the crypto market is very small and it can be manipulated very easily by whales and market makers. Banks and institutions coming making presence in the market makes short term outlook even worse. Nevertheless if you believe the crypto is here ti sta when looking long-term, I think your position is better than others who will be flodding in this year.
I like the way you are thinking. There's a lot of traps done by smart people who understand what drives human behavior and emotion. Don't fall victim, always think twice.
Activity: 517
Merit: 502
Activity: 25
Well everyone in trading have at least made this mistake once,so you have to learn from this experience and try to not make the same mistake.Next time,you should research the coin that you want to invest,like the news of future update

Actually, I wouldn't call it a mistake because every cryptoholders lost some amount of his capital when cryptos dropped. But all should understand that it is normal on the cryptocurrency market. I believe that cryptos are long-run investments at this stage for most investors so it is better to invest just free money and just take it easy.
Pages:
Jump to: