Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 99. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 0
i did lost almost everything i have last year Oct when btc skyrocketing and alts bleeding.. after this month i have think a new strategy
participate every Bounty i can join airdrops and use those funds to ICO and flip it... may take longer but yeah Cant be a millionier or something overnight
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

One advice: don't sell at a loss if you don't have to.

Yeah, you need to hodl and wait when it bounce back or sell in losing end. Hope you had learned from that experience and you will now more mature in dealing your funds. Knowledge is necessary before putting your money into crypto as everything here is unpredictable.
Activity: 258
Hold on for a long time, don't always pay attention to the current price, if the good market comes, then your cryto should be able to recover the original price, and the price may be higher.

Activity: 266
It is not yet the end of the crypto if half of the investment were lost. As long as the value is not zero there is still hope that it would rise again. This is the time we're saying that everyone should be patient. Just wait for the crypto to rise up again and do other things at the moment.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Hodl is best way to gain profit, fluctuacion of crypto so high so the market still able to going up in the long term, just hold it in minimum 1 year and i believe you can get best profit. But if you are day trader, you can sell it and buy back at lower price but this is need more time and more skill.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
We all are in a similar situation now because the whole crypto market has fallen. But we should not panic. It seems to me that very soon the market cap will rise again. All community has been waiting for this event for a little bit more than one month (only!). I am sure the time of surge is coming Wink
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
Do not worry or get frustrated, you have 2 options now either sell in loss and move to the next better investment where you think that prospects of profit are high or secondly you can just keep holding and wait for your target price to reach in your current holdings.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
Well you had a very luxury amount for investment.Your selection of investment is not goo,you should also invest some amount into BTC,ETH. You should keep in mind that fluctuations very common in Crypto World,hold your investment in future you will be able to recover your loss dont be so impatient.
1.XPR is a centralized crypto currency its being overpriced,its supply is very huge in Coinmarketcap.Its community is also increading dont you worry it will also increase in your value hold if for some months.
2.Tron(TRX) is also powered by a strong project based on smart contract high transaction speed,less transaction fee is a good coin but it will take years for TRX to reach at a good price,so either you have to hold it or you have to sell it depends upon you.
3.Cardano (ADA) is also based on smart contract platform similar to ETH,another growing coin.Price is increasing on daily basis.marketcap is also significant.

Now Coin market is recovering from price correction phase have patience and hold your investment you may recover your loss as 2018 is another good year for investment point of view and also from price increment view.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I myself have made similar mistakes of FOMO and it just seems like everyone does, like it is an oath to becoming a good trader. So you have made the cardinal mistake of FOMOing (dw we all have) now you are in a spot of hodl or sell I would hodl myself because I don't like selling at losses. Also you have to look at whether those coins or not have a chance of getting out of the red and as far as I know those are okay coins and you should be able to creep out of losses. Lastly, know that I am still bag holding a couple of alts from last year some of which I have had for 10 months now (and don't know when I can get rid of but will wait it out).

I should have just went with bitcoin or ethereum. Cause if they go up then the other alt coins go up. They are the leaders of the pack it seems like. I will hodl since I don't want to sell at a loss. But you think they will go back up by the end of the year?
well you should have do that then holdinf bitcoin and ethereum.but since this is not your destiny we must decide now for you're  recovery..the truth is many experts now predicting that not all the coins whos dips can go back to their original form.some of them will continue dies.but you didnot mentioned what coins are you having
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
What I do now is when I receive tokens for my work  I sell 50% of them and hedge in Bitcoin, Ethereum and Fiat, then I keep the rest and see if they moon for longer term or if they wither. Some of my holdings now are very long holdings. This way I am taking some money home for family expenses each month and not risking all my investments and coins to always go down and down n the bear run.  made mistake of not selling them at ATH a few times but now in the nexy bull run I will sell off a stash and then reload in next dip.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
I definitely suggest you to hold and wait. Never sell your coins lower prize than you bought before. All crypto will recover soon and coins will start to rise again don’t worry and don’t be panic. It’s not helpful. I know waiting is boring but it is the best things to do right now.
Activity: 147
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

please take in your mind " do not panic sell or buy". crypto saw many falling and so many raising only see the chart and do not panic sell they will raise again.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
That the  reason you need to understand the concept behind cryptocurrency, it is volatile in nature and you should always put the amount you are able to afford to loose... My advise is for you to still hold some of the coins you believe still have future and opportunity to grow because i believe most of them will still moon.... Dont give up...
Activity: 214
Yeah i think most of us have been there when we first started out. It's a tough but important lesson to learn to not trade emotionally. Another important lesson to learn is patience, so just hold your coins & wait. Before you know it, you'll be back in profit again.
Activity: 280
Araw ICO
Advice is always one is to wait for growth and not to sell at a loss coins that have potential. The market does not always grow, so you need to be ready for minus periods of time
Activity: 308
Do nothing now. You should just take into account the bruises and get ready for new things. But you now know where you made a mistake and learn from mistakes.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM
FOMO is real. I have also experienced it.
You only have two choices, you can cut loss or hold it till the price reach your buy order
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
I'm in a similar situation. I will not take my money without making up for my loss. You will earn money again. I think you don't get out.

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

HODL thats's it
Activity: 345
There is a risk of investing in any of the coins, but thankfully we can see the trends and can decide and n how to invest. Keeping patience for the loss of invested money is only what you can do now.
Pages:
Jump to: