Pages:
Author

Topic: I visited BFL, any questions ? - page 3. (Read 14832 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
April 27, 2012, 11:47:02 AM
I already defended it. You were unable to bring anything more to the table beyond the shipping date.  You also seem to be under the mistaken impression i have some professional connection to BFL. I do not. They dont pay me or otherwise compensate me for telling the truth.

So unless you have something more, we have definitively shown you have no idea what you are talking about. GTG
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 27, 2012, 11:44:18 AM
Do you have something more than that?  If you can bring something more, then maybe we can have a discussion

Discuss the other issues raised please or ignore (as you seem inclined to do so) them and be a child.
Such a shame you are unable to defend a product you endorse in a professional manner, hopefully BFL will find a decent rep in the future Smiley

I think for now the best course is to sit and wait, lets hope toms hardware or someone with a real reputation gives them a review. The results will speak for themselves once/if shipping speeds up and we have more users in the wild.
Because they couldn't pay off Tom's Hardware just as easily (if not moreso) than 50 forum members?   Roll Eyes  I mean, come on, if you want to go all conspiracy theory on us, at least go full board!
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
April 27, 2012, 11:42:36 AM
Do you have something more than that?  If you can bring something more, then maybe we can have a discussion

Discuss the other issues raised please or ignore (as you seem inclined to do so) them and be a child.
Such a shame you are unable to defend a product you endorse in a professional manner, hopefully BFL will find a decent rep in the future Smiley

I think for now the best course is to sit and wait, lets hope toms hardware or someone with a real reputation gives them a review. The results will speak for themselves once/if shipping speeds up and we have more users in the wild.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 27, 2012, 11:29:00 AM
Yes, see the other thread for more info.

You'll have to forgive me, I've not read any of the BFL thread for a few months. Which thread might that be, m8?

cheers
legendary
April 27, 2012, 10:22:10 AM
Yes, see the other thread for more info.
Activity: 504
April 27, 2012, 09:00:56 AM
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Read that entire thread hoping to see some more info on the chip.

Has anyone probbed one yet?
legendary
April 27, 2012, 08:50:40 AM
Mem, you are laughable.  You are also a troll.  You are not a 14+ year linux administrator.  If you are, you are a poor one that no company should hire.  

Its pointless to debate with you.  I gave you everything you asked for, but you ignored every single point, or if you did address it, you willfully misinterpreted what I wrote (or am I giving you too much credit, yet again, and it's not willful, just plain stupid misinterpretation?  You seem to be unable to understand basic concepts of daily life.).

Regardless, as you've already surmised I'm sure, this discussion with you is at an end.  No one agrees with you.  Virtually everyone agrees that you are an idiot.

Bring something of substance to this discussion before you post again.  I know you won't heed this request, because you are incapable of not posting lies, innuendo and falsehoods, but I figure I'd throw it out there.  

Here is your argument:  

"They miss their shipping dates, LOL!!!!11!! OMG!!!11!! it's a scam! !!  They are conning you cause they say 4 - 6 weeks and it takes longer!!!1!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!"  

Do you have something more than that?  If you can bring something more, then maybe we can have a discussion, but until you are able to present your side of the argument with something more than that, you only deserve childish responses.  I suspect you are a child, which would explain your posts, but even if you are 34+, mentally you are challenged.

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
April 27, 2012, 08:16:48 AM
Basic laws of human stupidity, by Carlo M. Cipolla

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

Number of stupid people is always higher than we assume.

2.  The probability that a certain person will be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

Stupidity has no bounds every race, gender, age and social group has their own share of stupid people.

3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

This one is the most important one, a criminal or a bandit gains by making other people loose things but stupid people has no gain or direction in their actions.

mem , you should read the third one carefully Smiley
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
April 27, 2012, 07:02:44 AM
I wish I had something smart to say, but I dont so instead I'll insult you and agree with my boyfriend

ssssh my butt hurt little friend, if you want to argue with the adults you need to state your case.
The short version: Substance & civility - Share your opinions but dont use them as your argument base Wink

Senior UNIX Administrator for 14 years my ass. You're incredibly immature for that title and length of time, that's for sure.

That'd make you about, what, atleast 34 years old?
Yet you act like an immature teenager. Not to mention your avatar and profile.

Just because you installed Ubuntu on your Daddy's PC a few years ago doesn't make you a "senior UNIX administrator"..

Grow up, or stop lying. It's pathetic.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
April 27, 2012, 06:52:57 AM
BFL credibility for the person who visited the BFL offices and for those whom that person tells stories are 2 very different matters. Especially if those who visit keep telling almost nothing about what they've seen.
So true, I felt this was implied in my previous posts but hopefully this clears up the confusion inba and other pro BFL supporters have regarding my own doubts and those raised by many others.

You made very good points, hopefully its better received Smiley

what a maroon .... ignore
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
April 27, 2012, 06:07:25 AM
BFL credibility for the person who visited the BFL offices and for those whom that person tells stories are 2 very different matters. Especially if those who visit keep telling almost nothing about what they've seen.
So true, I felt this was implied in my previous posts but hopefully this clears up the confusion inba and other pro BFL supporters have regarding my own doubts and those raised by many others.

You made very good points, hopefully its better received Smiley
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
April 27, 2012, 05:22:24 AM
Sounds like someone is also "spoiled".I want what I want & I want it now.

Sometimes the world dosen't give us what we want,when we want it,it's called Patience.

BTW,don't bother with BFL,they ARE a scam

Well spoiled is relative, I say no you say yes
But 100% correct on the rest Wink

Sometimes the world dosen't give us what we want,when we want it,it's called Patience.

Sometimes people wait the time they were told and get annoyed when the actual time for delivery is 2-3x.
This is called a reasonable complaint.  Grin
Activity: 588
April 27, 2012, 05:08:43 AM
my 2 cents:

Besides the shipping date lies there is also:
- sanded markings on chips, while BFL said they are using custom built chips(?). It won't qualify as lie but still does not add to credibility.
- "monte carlo calculation support", which is announced, but you can't use it without paying unknown amount to butterfly for "custom solution"
- bad links on drivers page

Also. Lets believe forum members who got BFL singles or were in the office. What is confirmed from these 2 threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77796.0;all
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76916.0;all

43 singles shipped
232 ordered

7 mini rigs ordered

That is about $246000 received by BFL.

With only 43 singles shipped that gives very wide possibilities for scam. Even if each single shipped costs BFL $3000 to build and ship, they still have about $117000 to run with. That is only from the numbers known on this forums. If they have proportionally bigger order list and shipped singles amount they will have even more. I've heard of scams done for much lesser amounts then $100000.

Regarding the office full of singles and big amounts shipped. Having 100 singles in office and doing packaging to show they ship a lot for one of half dozen ppl who visited BFL (and later unpackaging them) is not a big issue really.

For those who like to jump on "infidels" - please note I am not saying BFL doing what described above, just point out that there is POSSIBILITY for them to be scam even with all eyewitnesses and shipped units.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
April 27, 2012, 05:06:07 AM
Sounds like someone is also "spoiled".I want what I want & I want it now.

BTW,don't bother with BFL,they ARE a scam.(I need time to get my orders before he does Wink)

Keep posting,I'm bored Grin
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
April 27, 2012, 03:41:40 AM
I wish I had something smart to say, but I dont so instead I'll insult you and agree with my boyfriend

ssssh my butt hurt little friend, if you want to argue with the adults you need to state your case.
The short version: Substance & civility - Share your opinions but dont use them as your argument base Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
April 27, 2012, 03:39:29 AM
[...] Blah blah blah, yap yap yap [...]

The problem is, you're talking out of your ass.  You may not realize it, but the rest of us do.
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
April 27, 2012, 03:19:35 AM
Keep believing that they are a long con.  I'll let you know when I get my miners.  Wink

Please do let me know, especially the delay in shipping.

I did not state "it is" a long con, just that it is quite possible. Being familiar with large scale scams in my industry I can say  that ~50 people is an extremely easy number to fake (but getting more and more unlikely given the histories of the posters).

So as I said (people seem to love restating my intentions for some reason) I shall hold off until satisfied and I shall continue to voice any concerns I may have.

If Inaba decides to have a psychotic break each time he sees an concern or opinion he doesn't care for - again that is his choice to do so, though given his inability to conduct himself maturely I wont bother engaging.  He is an completely angry fool that is for certain (seriously what but hurt child even bothers trying to twist these definitions ffs).
Worse he does not argue at face value but twists statements to suite his retorts which has the result of 0 productivity when attempting to resolve disputes.
Id imagine you would  need an umbrella and earplugs to argue with him in person   Tongue
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
April 27, 2012, 03:06:41 AM
Wow,someone's a hater Cheesy

I believe in BFL,guess I'm next on the list Tongue

Im Not a hater, just a skeptic Smiley but label me whatever you want to console your wounded feelings.
It certainly seems to be how other people here handle disagreement.

If I have said or done something to indicate i "hate" BFL as opposed to being skeptical of their company then I am sorry that was not the intention nor do I remember making any such statements.

Id love to see them churning out BFL's, I'll be ordering 10 if/when they start shipping in a reasonable time frame.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
April 27, 2012, 02:43:24 AM
Wow,someone's a hater Cheesy

I believe in BFL,guess I'm next on the list Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 27, 2012, 01:54:42 AM
Mem, if you don't want to believe what he says, that's fine.  That's your choice, entirely.  The rest of us, however, do not need scientific proof to believe that they are a legitimate company.  At some point, "good enough" comes into play...

Wow - I have some bridges to sell you buddy Smiley
This is each individuals choice, if are to base your decision on a "trust me" so be it.

When I clicked on this thread, like most others I was hoping for more substance than "I spent $$$ and trust them you should too".

We have a few key members here adamant that it is legit (and I hope it is) but the same members absolutely refuse to provide any substantial evidence.

BFL at this point in time is completely unverified with some rather dodgy history, ie lying about delivery times for over 6 months and still continuing to do so.

There is no certainty, it is purely a leap of faith - its disappointing to see that people in this thread cannot grasp that others will not blindly follow simply because they believe (*gasp* free thinking individuals !!!).

This thread is here for people to ask any questions from someone who has been to BFL, it seems when people actually do ask questions they are just short of attacked and riddiculed for not having blind faith.

I dont have faith, but I do have hope. Im hoping for substance.
Like I said, you're welcome to believe what you want to believe.  When I see 50 different people posting on the forum that they have received their BFL miners, along with photos and videos of the miners, as well as talking to Sonny on the phone myself, it is more than enough "proof" for me.  If it's not enough for you, that's fine.  Keep believing that they are a long con.  I'll let you know when I get my miners.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: