Pages:
Author

Topic: IBM DPS-4KW PSU (Dual DPS-2000BB) Breakout Boards and Packages!!! - page 2. (Read 20178 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Please note:  I had a very unfortunate incident today in which my commercial space was completely flooded due to the gross negligence of a tenant above me.  Losses are significant, I have spent all day moving my inventory off-site and salvaging what I could.  My time is going to be spent fulfilling existing orders as quickly as I can, but I will not be available to quote new orders (some of the PM's are a week old or more) until later this week when I get myself situated.  I apologize for the inconvenience, and for anyone with outstanding orders please know that I am doing everything in my power to get your orders re-packed from un-damaged stock and will be shipping it out as soon as I am able to.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Order components without PSU's for $135

Hi Finsky -- do you still have above package? Can I have 1 order? Let me know and I will send you BTC or paypal
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi Finksy, sent you PM.  Thank you!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
...wait you're a dad aren't you?? Wink
I've had some guys tell me that I was "a real mother...", does that count?  Tongue
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
oh but I should Cheesy
I was thinking about getting a separate pole installed just for 240.
I'm guessing you either didn't click the link or don't get my brand of humor.  Undecided

yeah you're probably a quasi generation above me or below me or something.

wait you're a dad aren't you?? Wink
Retired IRCX God
oh but I should Cheesy
I'm guessing you either didn't click the link or don't get my brand of humor.  Undecided

oh but I should Cheesy

Retired IRCX God
How would you suggest wiring for one of these beasts at home?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
PM sent. Still trying to get a rig package bought. Thanks
legendary
OP updated, PM's being replied to as quickly as I can.

DPS-2000BB PSU's are out of stock and unavailable to me at the moment, so PSU packages are only available without PSU's for this time.  I still have many IBM 2880W PSU's in stock, and can use them for GPU packages as well.

To answer your question, 4250W at the wall at a 90% efficiency is only 3825W DC, or 95.6% load.  It is heavy, but with sufficient cooling it can work.  Heavier loads can impact PSU longevity, but unfortunately with these PSU's there doesn't seem to be any consistency in what that load is and if/when they will fail.  I have seen many of these PSU's run at over 100% load for extended period of time with adequate cooling, and I have seen them fail under moderate loads for no reason.

Awesome, and thank you for that insight.  I saw your OP update about PSUs out of stock, and have sourced two separately in anticipation of your return.

Great, thanks for taking the initiative! PM'ing you back now BTW.
Activity: 19

DPS-2000BB PSU's are out of stock and unavailable to me at the moment, so PSU packages are only available without PSU's for this time.  I still have many IBM 2880W PSU's in stock, and can use them for GPU packages as well.

To answer your question, 4250W at the wall at a 90% efficiency is only 3825W DC, or 95.6% load.  It is heavy, but with sufficient cooling it can work.  Heavier loads can impact PSU longevity, but unfortunately with these PSU's there doesn't seem to be any consistency in what that load is and if/when they will fail.  I have seen many of these PSU's run at over 100% load for extended period of time with adequate cooling, and I have seen them fail under moderate loads for no reason.

Awesome, and thank you for that insight.  I saw your OP update about PSUs out of stock, and have sourced two separately in anticipation of your return.
legendary

Activity: 19
I'm currently watching a 6-GPU rig pull 1090w at the wall (248v)... I'm looking to push this to an 8-GPU rig, and then replicate for a total of 3 mobos and 24 GPUs.  If I assume the non-GPU components take 150w per rig, that takes me to approximately 4250w (at the wall). I have external cooling available powered outside of this PSU, so assuming temperatures remain good.  (For example, my GPUs run at 60º +/- 3º all day long.

Do we think one of these DPS-4KW units will safely handle 4250w at the wall, continuously?
Activity: 59
Activity: 59
Activity: 1
Thanks Finksy, sent you a pm
Activity: 14
Sent you a PM for an Order, Thanks.
Activity: 2
Sent you a pm for an order, thanks!
Retired IRCX God
I got 2 "Deluxe 4K" Packages about a month ago and I love them. They were perfect for getting my over-powered APW3+s off of my S7-LNs and freeing them up for my newest batch of S9s.  Grin  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: