Pages:
Author

Topic: IBM DPS-4KW PSU (Dual DPS-2000BB) Breakout Boards and Packages!!! - page 3. (Read 20178 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I can ship to the EU, but shipping cables/PSU's is very heavy and VERY expensive from here in Canada.  People have had more success sourcing their own PSU's at least and purchasing the rest from me.  Keep trying to contact J4bberwock as well, he is based out of EU and this is his board design.

You got pm. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I can ship to the EU, but shipping cables/PSU's is very heavy and VERY expensive from here in Canada.  People have had more success sourcing their own PSU's at least and purchasing the rest from me.  Keep trying to contact J4bberwock as well, he is based out of EU and this is his board design.
Crs
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I would also want to know the answer to the question above.

Cheers!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Sorry to ask this in your thread, but are these for sale in the EU too?
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Hi Finksy. I sent a pm regarding breakout boards. Thanks
legendary
Hey I've sent you two pm regarding "big momma" package.

PM'd back, thanks.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Hey I've sent you two pm regarding "big momma" package.
legendary
Finksy

is there any news about PICO's ? as i readed from yun9999's tread you was going to produce some bunch of PICO's and is this true ? Smiley if yes when they will be available for purchase. at this time i need 1 Deluxe 4K" Package and 4 PICO's...

GPU Packages now live! See thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/server-psu-powered-gpu-rig-packages-picos-risers-adapter-cables-etc-1864539
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Finksy

is there any news about PICO's ? as i readed from yun9999's tread you was going to produce some bunch of PICO's and is this true ? Smiley if yes when they will be available for purchase. at this time i need 1 Deluxe 4K" Package and 4 PICO's...
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
any updates finksy? i want to see what this looks like. i want to make a 10pc rack, 6 cards each. my original idea was to dps2000 power the cards then i have a atx psu for each pc. jstefanop is making a special daughterboard so one system would have 16 gpus but keeps teasing everyone.... waiting for him as well to show it off and price it. the wait is killer!
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
was wondering about gpu solutions, i was eyeing the 4k to run the top pcie connectors and have a smaller psu (650w) to run the mobo and pcie risers under the cards. not sure if two power supplies powering the cards top/bottom was a good idea but in theory should work.

I'm running 6pin from a server psu to a gpu on a riser. The riser is powered by the same power supply as the motherboard is connected to. The mobo/cpu is just an old pentium 4 and a 250w psu running windows 7.

It's not the best setup but stuff I had just laying around.
Activity: 34
was wondering about gpu solutions, i was eyeing the 4k to run the top pcie connectors and have a smaller psu (650w) to run the mobo and pcie risers under the cards. not sure if two power supplies powering the cards top/bottom was a good idea but in theory should work.
legendary
Bump this up, packages shipping out daily. Still have some 40A PDU's in stock for Big Momma packages, they are a fantastic turn-key PSU solution! 

Keep your eyes peeled for GPU-focused packages coming in the next 2 weeks.  4K server PSU's could power up to 4x full 6 or 7 GPU rigs without requiring ATX PSU's! Stay tuned...
Activity: 35
It looks like a good PSU, but it only has 18 pairs of outputs which would only give you 3 full pcie connectors and you would need to install the plugs yourself.  The wires look like 14ga wire so I suspect they are expecting users to only use one pair for each PCIE plug--2 pins per 6 pin plug.  Even this approach would only power a single S7 or S9.  I have seen several S7s catch fire with this approach so I wouldn't recommend it.  At least some versions of the S7 don't have thick enough input power traces to handle this much current on a subset of traces and overheat.  You could probably make a custom breakout wire harness to split the current out to all the pins but that would be a lot of work.  They do mention they are adding a version with 16 pcie plugs which would save some manual labor, however, the issues noted don't go away.

I plan to stick with the DPS-4KWs.
Activity: 94
Hi Finksy,

I saw that other package using DPS-2400AB 2400w Platinum 94%, which seems a good alternative to the DPS-2000BB.  Do you have plans to offer a board for that other PSU? Or maybe it is not as good as it seems. What is your opinion about it?
legendary
Away on Holidays from now until March 3rd! Trying to get everything shipped out before then. Will try to keep in touch, thank you for your patience.
legendary
OP updated.  Fans have now arrived, and I have included them in the package price.
Activity: 98
So I've got jstew's board + fans otw

I think just I need 2 adjustable psus + cables for 4 A6's

If you could include power cables that go from c19 to normal 15-5r or whatever, I have a grow switch controlling the power, it's fully rated for 220, has its own 50 amp breaker and has 8 x 15-5r(I think) plugs

I can get cables if it's not possible or easy

Let me know what to do
legendary
Bump.  Stand-alone ATX-replacement GPU packages coming in short order! Stay tuned...
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Please excuse me hijacking your thread to ask a question but it does relate to your breakout board and fan sideplate combo.

Im a home miner and sound is a major factor for my mining equipment so the side fans are a great alternative to the whine/howl of the small fans on server psus. Are they temperature controlled or just permenantly 12v full speed fans?

Also are there any small capacity psus that would fit the dual breakout board and fan setup? I don't need a 4kw solution as I cant use that much electricity. Is there a dual 1Kw version, or can you recommend suitable psus that would fit (ideally platinum efficienty rating)?

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

My DPS2000BB breakout board with sideplate and 3x 60mm fans will have a low noise level.
You can even use a push/pull configuration with lower RPM fans to make it really quiet.
On both setups (4K or single DPS2000BB), the fans are running full speed all the time.

The question is how many PCI-E plugs do you need?
The single DPS2000BB board only have 12 plugs.
If you need more than 12 PCI-E but only 2000 watts, you can still use a 4k board with a single DPS2000BB (or 2500BB) PSU and the 60mm sideplate.
Pages:
Jump to: