Pages:
Author

Topic: IBM DPS-4KW PSU (Dual DPS-2000BB) Breakout Boards and Packages!!! - page 4. (Read 20178 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Please excuse me hijacking your thread to ask a question but it does relate to your breakout board and fan sideplate combo.

Im a home miner and sound is a major factor for my mining equipment so the side fans are a great alternative to the whine/howl of the small fans on server psus. Are they temperature controlled or just permenantly 12v full speed fans?

Also are there any small capacity psus that would fit the dual breakout board and fan setup? I don't need a 4kw solution as I cant use that much electricity. Is there a dual 1Kw version, or can you recommend suitable psus that would fit (ideally platinum efficienty rating)?

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
OP updated to now include the price of sideplates and fan mounting hardware with purchase of packages or breakout boards.  If you would like to secure the PSU's and fans yourself, just let me know and the price can be adjusted.

I have 120mmx38mm fans scheduled to arrive in the next 2-3 weeks, slightly higher flowing than the Kaze Ultra Scythe, but should still be tolerable for noise level.  I will update once they arrive, expected price range $12-14 each and 185CFM.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Hi Finksy,

I am interested in the 4KW Triple A package.

Please check PM.
legendary
Page 1 appears to indicate you don't have the new sideplates in stock.  Do you, or will you be doing another group buy soon?  I assume you have the boards in stock, I plan to buy some more soon.

CrypR,

Not sure if I PM'd you or not, but I do have the sideplates in stock now, the Group Buy has ended and I can ship them out at any time.  I will also be adding them to packages as well as include fan options.  Need to update my OP very soon with new info.  I don't currently have boards to ship, I'm a little back-ordered at this time.  Send me a PM when you're ready, I'll give you an ETA on board production at that time.
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
Page 1 appears to indicate you don't have the new sideplates in stock.  Do you, or will you be doing another group buy soon?  I assume you have the boards in stock, I plan to buy some more soon.
Activity: 196
WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!  About time!!!  My Tape is falling apart!  hehe.  I'm in for some.
legendary
Here we go guys! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/group-buy-dps-4k-dual-dps-2000bb-sideplates-to-accomodate-120mm-case-fans-1597163  Here is a Group Buy for the initial run of the DPS-4K sideplates.  They are truly amazing quality, sturdy, and tie everything together perfectly.  Sloopy and I will be running the Group Buy for 2 weeks starting now, in order to give everyone the chance who already has DPS-4K PSU's to get them as quickly and cheaply as possible. Afterwards, I will be offering them for sale individually as well as with the packages, and shipping directly myself from here in Canada.

Anyone in Canada looking for the discounted GB pricing on these plates PM me, I have a small stock of the plates right now and I will ship them from here, with sloopy shipping to the US.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

Sideplate

Components

Assembly

Complete unit

Could use these FAN mount soon.  Been waiting almost a year for them.  I'm still using ADHESIVE TAPE.   Where are we on this FINKSY?

P.S I can testify that Finksy 4KW Bundle is the real deal.  I use many of them purchased thru him and his partners for both Bitcoin mining and now Ethereum mining.  Finksy, you can contact HolyScot if you need the 6 pin to 8 pin adapter as well as risers that can be supported by your server PSU 6pin cable.  This makes your bundle the ultimate solution for both Bitcoin mining and Ethereum GPU mining.  I'm currently powering over 60 GPUs using combination of a baby ATX PSU for the motherboard and power riser and the 4KW PSU for the GPU themselves, works very well.

Nhan
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Hi everyone! I'm currently finishing a design of one cone duct for this 4k setup which makes use of only 1x 250 cfm fan (added bonus, less power drawn for fan operation) and keeps the psus cool under heavy load. I would like to know if there's interest at all on these, as i'm mainly doing them for myself but could sell them at a good price.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
are those side plates ready to ship yet? Id love to get mine so I could retire my zip tie mounting system for my fans  Grin
legendary
You got PM Finksy.  Need more 4K board.  Thanks - Nhan
legendary
Alright everybody, the sideplates are now in the final step of production.

Finished Product:

Mounting:

Assembled: 

I would like to thank sloopy, he is the machinist who has arranged the laser-cutting, machining and finishing of all the plates.  He has been incredibly helpful, professional and dilligent in this matter, with most of the delays due to communication on my side.  It's nice to finally have worked with a professional who got the job done, and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.  I had offers from other forum members before and after, and I would like to thank them for their time and offer with this as well. 

Sloopy and I will be arranging a group buy to get the initial run shipped off to those who already have PSU's in their hands in the US. I will be in charge of collecting and arranging orders, and sloopy will be arranging packing and delivery to US customers at a discounted price to make sure everyone gets them in as short a timeframe as possible.  Details to follow, at this point we are only waiting on new nylon clips for mounting the front side of the plates to the PSU, as the ones originally sourced just did not work out the way I expected them to.  After the initial group buy, I will be offering the plates for sale with packages as well as with 2x different Delta fan options.  1x Plate per PSU should be adequate for server fans that flow >160CFM each, if quieter fans are desired without sacrificing full power availability from these PSU's, you may need to arrange the lower-CFM fans in a push-pull arrangement with 2x sideplates.  They will work for either side. These plates are infinitely more durable and easier to mount than the acrylic plates that J4bberwock was initially producing and shipping out, if anyone had the pleasure of trying to put one of those together.  If you looked at them wrong they would crack. 

Final pricing and Group Buy details to come shortly.
Activity: 158
Hi Finsky,

Let me know when you got the sideplates Im need to order a few,

Thanks
legendary
Packages in stock and ready to ship within 24H.  I will be gone this weekend so won't be available to answer PM's. B2 & B3 S9's can be powered 3 per DPS-4K with adequate cooling.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Nice was going to ask you last week if you still had any. All I have left to do is mine your money before I send you a PM for a setup.
legendary
Bump, get your PSU setups ready for S9's!  I don't want to mislead anyone with the sideplates, I've been told they are in production.  Part of the holdup this time was me and lack of communication, but I will be organizing a Group Buy for the initial run of sideplates to serve the customers who already have DPS-4K setups running, that way you will receive the boards in the least amount of time possible and for as cheap as possible. Stay tunedTM
Activity: 562
Merit: 506
We're going to need a bigger heatsink.
Pmed!

Edit: Scratch that PM. The S9s are already sold out. :/
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
I also sent you a PM looking to get one of the new voltage adjustable PSU's from you
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I like to order the "Standard 4K Package" with Voltmeter & Early-Rev PSU's please.

Thank You
Pages:
Jump to: