Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO is still legit? - page 35. (Read 4308 times)

Activity: 2100
Merit: 603
April 30, 2018, 12:33:01 PM
Here is lot of iCO. How i find legit ICO.
This is the most important part as bounty hunter or investor to find whether the ICO is legit or not because you are going to invest your time and money in that project as many ICO's are getting scams these days.You should trace the team behind the project whether they are active on social media or not and their working and amount raised by them should be transparent. Read their whitepaper  and analyze the project. You can also read the remarks of Icobench.com before anything.Else use your own research and knowledge to find out the legit ones.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
April 30, 2018, 12:27:45 PM
It seems to me that ICO today is indeed a very legitimate process, which can very seriously carry out very many areas of activity, yet ICO is today a very important structure that builds a crypto-currency world. I think that today I will use this opportunity until I know that it will not be closed.
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
April 30, 2018, 12:24:26 PM
plenty of real ico's. 

Some things that help. 

4.0 rating or higher on icobench.com. With their KYC verified on icobench.

Check the whitepaper to see if its been plagiarized. Some fake icos just steal a research whitepaper.

Check the linkedin profiles of the team members ... do they list the project as something they are part of?

Most scams dont require KYC ... they just list the wallet address and tell you to send funds.

Most scams dont have country restrictions .. they take funds from wherever they can get them.

Nothing is 100% but these are some of the things to look for.
Activity: 224
April 30, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
I'm not sure about that. As far as I remember, Germany and Russia have binding and verified any ICO that is built and developed. Some other countries in the neutral state like the UK have made great efforts and are appreciated. In addition, the ICO has too many legal problems, which proves that in most of the time ico, the rate of ico ideas build with the trend of fraud and scam increasing.

- To look for a potential ICO with a team focused and serious in the effort to build and develop projects / companies is difficult. It has always had a resonance and great impact on the losses from investors and even those who are struggling with bounty work.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 11:05:26 AM
A good ICO can be seen through its website, whitepaper, reviews, and the team. You need to consider what I've said earlier or else you are risking your funds to the ICOs that has a chance to scam you and you don't want to get scammed. There is an article I've read that almost all ICOs are scam (for me this is an unreliable opinion) but even though I disagree maybe because the person is always prone on getting scammed. Try to find some ICO managed by an experienced campaign manager in this campaign since there is a great chance that it is not scam because the manager will also be paid by a specific ICO so the campaign manager will take some review before it accepts the offer. This is a good way to know that the ICO is legit but not 100%, you also need to know it yourself.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 10:50:55 AM
You should make the right selection with good criteria. Like a good quality project for the long term, a team of professionals and experienced, how many investors have joined. One example of a project that meets the above criteria is ENLTE. This project is great for investing.
Activity: 47
Merit: 10
April 30, 2018, 10:28:53 AM
there is one good site that is very good in finding good ICO, icodrops.com . One of very promising ICOs coming is Egretia , html5 blockchain. Im using icodrops from november and made almost 30eth with them. Good luck!
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
April 30, 2018, 10:26:59 AM
There's no such as ICO detector, but if you are willing to spend some time, you should definitely do a lot pf reading before deciding on investing your money. There are already lots of scam projects nowadays. So, we need to be wise.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
April 30, 2018, 10:25:18 AM
There is one simple way if you can find which are scams then you will find legits so its a little dificult and only some time of beeing here in crypto you will understand what is what.
Activity: 168
April 30, 2018, 10:22:45 AM
Hello successful man! Yes, I call you so, then that I know that soon you will be addicted to a wonderful and promising project! P2PS
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/p2ps-worlds-first-only-secure-interference-free-communications-system-3267287
Activity: 140
April 24, 2018, 02:51:14 PM
Better than finding a legit ico is THUG Coin which has no ICO, you will not have to deal with ICO when you have a very promising community like THUG, They give coins for free through bounties, They are 100% Legit and what makes them even better is that the give coins for free without having an ico, check them out on social medias and exchanges
Activity: 40
April 23, 2018, 04:18:29 PM
One of the most obvious red flags for a scam project is the lack of detail on how the technology works.
ICOs often list their advisors on their websites. So should also verify whether the advisors are legitimate.
Often, ICO projects will have dedicated Slack or Telegram channels. Through periodic updates distributed on these channels, potential investors can get a sense of how the project is developing.
...in my opinion, social networks are insanely revealing
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
April 23, 2018, 04:15:11 PM
The question you should ask yourself is p,what makes an ICO to be legit. Most ICO will in all ways present themselves as legit, but there are some factors you should look out for when investing into any ICO. First, is a well written white paper, which must explicitly talk about the intent of the project. Second is the team, it must gave a working team. Third, is the use case and fourth is the community. There are other factors as well.
Activity: 79
Merit: 29
April 23, 2018, 04:12:05 PM
Answering the initial question of this thread: yes, ICO is still legit.

It is now even more legit, than was before. Why?

1. There are official recognition of ICO as a crowd-funding approach coming in several countries. It is yet to come in many others, but the process has started and has no reason to stop. ICOs are being recognized in one way or another, and even countries, which banned ICOs before, will most likely allow it, when the guideline and the industry regulations will be up to their standards. That means, that ICOs are getting legitimate.

2. ICOs is now coming through a way more thorough due diligence and review, comparing the the state of 6 months before and even comparing to this February. It is visible, how sky rocketed during the past 3 months the requirements for information disclosure, the team experience, the projections, the quality of smart contracts and IT solutions etc.

3. We can now see less fraud in ICOs, and almost no shitty project has a chance to get funded.

4. Combined gains from ICOs are also in a green area. It is not a money pit.

I can go on with that list, but the main idea doesn't need it: ICO industry is growing up, it matures, it becomes a legit part of the modern economy.
Activity: 26
April 23, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
Most of the ICOs are legit, but to find a good one to participate in will require a lot of research, by knowing the team behind the project and study the white paper to know where exactly the project is going.
Activity: 51
April 23, 2018, 04:09:10 PM
Despite what you understand under legality. Many companies are introducing ICO under child projects. In such a model, they will of course be legal. 
Activity: 36
April 23, 2018, 04:08:49 PM
Of course it is still legt. There is no tegulation yet, projects need starting funds and currently initial coin offeringns are the way to do that.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
There are very big risks that now it is not profitable to invest in ICO, because there is a large portion of scam projects that are very well disguised as normal projects, to a great extent the crypto currency world still does not have tools for detecting scam.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
April 23, 2018, 03:51:27 PM
As far as I know, people from USA, Canada, China, Singapore and some other countries are prohibited from participating in ICO, and residents of all other countries can freely participate in the ICO. In all other countries there is no official ban on holding and participating in the ICO, and what is not prohibited by law is not illegal. This means that in most countries ICO is not prohibited and you can participate.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 06:09:50 PM
From experience and taking help/advice from reputed advisers of ICO/projects, there are lot of things which should be considered before investing in an ICO because market is full of fraud people so it become difficult to distinguish legit and scam projects.
To do a quick review of a project always check the team, whitepaper and partners (linked to project) etc.

In addition to choosing the right project, you need to be more careful with scammers who masquerade as project employees. I myself faced these scammers. The fraudster started to write to me in private messages, the nickname of which differed by one letter from the administrator of the channel telegram. The swindler offered me a discount when investing.
Pages:
Jump to: