Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 11. (Read 17261 times)

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
April 08, 2018, 03:26:20 PM
Sure it dies, looks at the current price of alts, some alts retrace like 100% of the ATH or something. But let's say bitcoin die and there's will be another coin that replaces it

but it depends on the people or I a consensus, maybe in the future the current bitcoin will die and another alt or even Bcash emerge to become more favorable and adopted in all over the world.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 03:20:48 PM
Bitcoin can not be killed because its work is provided not only by developers, its work is provided by the users themselves.
Even in the event of a disaster, information about the bitcoin network will not be lost because it is stored by all users.
Even if there are at least a few machines left in the bitcoin network - the information will still preserve integrity. The Internet may temporarily disappear, but the connection that appears again activates the work of the blockchain network.

Yeah but let's look at the problem from a different point of view. It can be killed from within.
It is a well-known fact the block reward is halved every 210k blocks - now it is equal to 12.5 BTC. Given the future decrease, the BTC price ought to soar to cover the cost of energy consumption and mining hardware. But what if it doesn't? The difficulty of the mining can be adjusted but it only makes things worse.
The BTC community will end up facing a bulk of miners who can simply turn their CPUs, GPUs, ASICs to some other (why not illegal) operations. I fear it could be easier to hack other BTC wallets (it might generate more profit) so it could result in the huge BTC dump bc no one will trust it
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
April 08, 2018, 03:00:48 PM
Bitcoin is the cornerstone of all crypto currencies. The whole market is following Bitcoin. All investors are following Bitcoins movement.
I cannot imagine a cryto without Bitcoin. But the biggest problem is that if Bitcoin goes down, so is the market. Any problem with Bitcoin is destroying the confidence in whole cryto market, so I think that if Bitcoin dies, the alts will follow.
The good news is that Bitcoin is not going to die, but will bring the whole market to new highs.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 08, 2018, 02:30:15 PM
The most important coin of the crypto money world is btc. Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
April 08, 2018, 02:27:50 PM
I think that if bitkoyn dies, the technology behind him will certainly have another goal, which already happens with other altokkamins in their different characteristics.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
April 08, 2018, 02:20:29 PM
I think that now many are asking this question, because now a lot of people are pretty much going through what will happen to their means, because many bought bitcoin above the price of $ 15,000
Activity: 162
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 02:17:10 PM
The most important coin of the crypto money world is btc. BitCoin is directly affecting everything. market nurturer btc. I think btc would die in subcoins if it died.
Activity: 252
Merit: 16
April 08, 2018, 02:14:47 PM
Yes this is more likely to happen because of the standard and expectation is there for a crypto and with this they are expecting that other crypto as well will be a successful one. With this Bitcoin will be an expectation and a standard or a role model for every other cryptocurrencies out there existing because of the main reason of it is the very first crypto.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
April 08, 2018, 01:49:53 PM
If the bitcoin dies, not necessarily the altcoin dies. If the bitcoin is dead because of internal things altcoin will remain alive with the condition of altcoin quality and has a strong market share.
Activity: 196
April 08, 2018, 01:48:41 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
The BTC will not die.  Even if suddenly such a scenario will be, I very much doubt that it will be the same with other coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 39
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 08, 2018, 01:46:42 PM
If btc dies altcoins go up imagine what peoples do if this go that way , ethereum become stronger with lot of peoples support with investment in eth.Btw many projects lounch they working platforms this improve eth prices .
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
April 08, 2018, 01:40:08 PM
To my understanding on this forum and from the look of things I don't think if bitcoin die altcoin will also follow soot but what I know for certain is if Bitcoin dies today it will have adverse effect on altcoins and is only those altcoin that the potential to withstand every impact of this situation on their coin that will stand but I know for sure that not all altcoin will die.
Activity: 182
April 08, 2018, 01:24:48 PM
I dont think so, more over dont know if bitcoin will die in the future, but i think its not. because bitcoin is nothing but money, It has value. so without any reason it can't.
If it dies all altcoins will die..,
Activity: 406
April 08, 2018, 12:43:43 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

Bitcoin is the foundation of the crypto market, its foundation. Of course the market can not exist without it. If the end comes, then the bitcoin will die last. Much later, than one hundred percent of altcoins.
Activity: 318
April 08, 2018, 12:38:18 PM
I do not think so. Every Altcoin transaction is not to get Bitcoin. The ultimate goal is to make money. Everybody seeking Bitcoin is just to make money. So every Altcoin deal is for making money. This also confirms that, if Bitcoin dies, Altcoin will not die. I think it's just a short-lived crisis
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
April 08, 2018, 12:37:31 PM
Bitcoin embodies the crypto currency and the crypto industry as a whole. Its death will mean the death of the whole industry. But I don't believe that this can happen in the near (and distant) future. Bitcoin is just begin to live.
Activity: 2
April 08, 2018, 12:14:22 PM
I think with the end of bitcoins, 995 of coins will die. The remaining 1 % will be those which have got some unique features like more anonymity.
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
April 08, 2018, 12:12:51 PM
You are Senior member, how come such question arises in your head? Smiley Haven't you noticed that the market follows BTC trend. I am pretty sure if BTC dies ( but it won't happen) alts will die earlier.
Activity: 178
April 08, 2018, 12:08:38 PM
in my opinion other altcoins are affected but does not die. bitcoin and altcoins are different. There are certain projects. they are not dependent.
I agree with what you say. If the bitcoin dies it will drag on the price of altcoin going down accordingly. But letting it die with bitcoin is hard. According to my assessment, many ICO cases are applied in practice very well. So it will not die by bitcoin.
Zz
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077
April 08, 2018, 12:00:02 PM
in my opinion other altcoins are affected but does not die. bitcoin and altcoins are different. There are certain projects. they are not dependent.
Pages:
Jump to: