Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 8. (Read 17288 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
April 15, 2018, 01:48:28 PM
Even if bitcoin dies its place would not be empty. We have now tokens which are more technologically developed than BTC. Etherium for example. I think ETH can replace BTC without any difficulties.
As blockchain is in the permanent movement we will always have other coins.

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
April 15, 2018, 01:08:37 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
I don't think so, bitcoin, compare to other coins, just be a shit hole no more.
bitcoin's price so high just because it is one of the first of it kind.
other coin would have so much more potential if-IF bitcoin dies.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
April 15, 2018, 12:11:20 PM
In my opinion Altcoins would not die if Bitcoin died. You are right that most altcoins are traded only against BTC and this surely is a problem, but I apparently believe that this would be a problem that would be solved if Bitcoin died for some reason.If at any time Bitcoin disappears the first Altcoin to replace it is Ethereum, why? Compared to other Altcoin Ethereum development is very fast, plus support from the excess of this coin makes more and more demand for many investors.
Actually Bitcoin never die, as long as it still has user, the Bitcoin system still run until that user stop to use Bitcoin. Bitcoin was a system with a little of users used it in the past. But thanks to what things the Bitcoin community made, Bitcoin became an asset for investment and has a high price like now. You should to read again the nature and how to run of cryptocurrency, it is neccessary for your knowledge.
Activity: 330
Merit: 12
April 14, 2018, 04:18:09 PM
In my opinion Altcoins would not die if Bitcoin died. You are right that most altcoins are traded only against BTC and this surely is a problem, but I apparently believe that this would be a problem that would be solved if Bitcoin died for some reason.If at any time Bitcoin disappears the first Altcoin to replace it is Ethereum, why? Compared to other Altcoin Ethereum development is very fast, plus support from the excess of this coin makes more and more demand for many investors.

Yes, you're right, the exchanges are being developed, which will allow you to change the Crypto currency straight, without using Bitcoin.
But the disadvantage is you only can exchange some cyptocurrencies to others like usdt, eth ,... It's not working for every single currencies at all.
You don't need Bitcoin , yes , but you'll need usdt or eth to do it instead and i think that won't change much because eth and usdt are just the same at Bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
April 14, 2018, 03:10:33 PM
Altcoins are separate things for a long time. If bitcoin dies altcoins probably would be fine but prices can change. Market would be strange but not for a long time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
April 14, 2018, 03:03:21 PM
I think altcoin will not die even though bitcoin is over. people will look for one of altcoin to serve as the most popular coin such as bitcoin. altcoin will always be there because it has become a source of income for people who do not have a job.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
April 12, 2018, 08:46:04 AM
Now you can see how the rate of altcoins depends on BTC. If the price of bitcoin changes, then the price of all other altcoins follows it. It says that all the altcoins there are many common issues with BTC. When these problems are corrected, we will see a different picture and then the altcoins will develop on their own. That's just when this will happen is difficult to say.
Merit: 10
April 12, 2018, 08:37:53 AM

Yes, you're right, the exchanges are being developed, which will allow you to change the Crypto currency straight, without using Bitcoin.
Activity: 84
April 11, 2018, 02:38:42 PM
probably as each drop in BTC results in the price drop of all popular alts
Activity: 336
April 11, 2018, 02:16:08 PM
Activity: 616
April 11, 2018, 02:10:59 PM
I think that the altcoins will not die, even after bitcoin has died, the situation may be very bad in the market for a while, until the market leader again finds a leader. Therefore, everything will be restored.
Activity: 155
April 11, 2018, 02:09:53 PM
Even in the worst of scenarios, i think bitcoin can undergo an evolution but not an interruption, only circumstance where I don't see this happening is if another cryptocurrency rises to the top and Bitcoin falls apart.
April 11, 2018, 02:08:43 PM
I dont believe that if bitcoin dies altcoins will also suffer the same fate. Despite being all a cryptocurrency they are not dependent of each other. Altcoins may be affected if bitcoin dies but not to the point that it will also die.  Huh
Activity: 420
April 11, 2018, 01:59:38 PM
No, I don't think altcoins will die. If there is a sophisticated idea and codes behind the crypto, why would it die? Bitcoin is only one of the variants - the most trusted though. Still, crypto community have other options to choose from.
Activity: 280
April 11, 2018, 01:58:09 PM
If bitcoins somehow go to 0, 90% of the market will go to 0. That's how everything works in cropland except a very select few coins and / or the coins that are currently being pumped and manipulated.

I agree, this form can be applied to all Altcoins, except for 10-15 coins maximum. These elected Altcoins will be able to survive in the long run without bitcoin.
if you say that if bitcoin die, then altcoin is also dead,
bitcoin is king of all coins, surely everything will flow into bitcoin
Activity: 406
April 11, 2018, 01:31:28 PM
If bitcoins somehow go to 0, 90% of the market will go to 0. That's how everything works in cropland except a very select few coins and / or the coins that are currently being pumped and manipulated.

I agree, this form can be applied to all Altcoins, except for 10-15 coins maximum. These elected Altcoins will be able to survive in the long run without bitcoin.
Activity: 112
April 11, 2018, 01:21:15 PM
Activity: 686
https://bmy.guide
April 11, 2018, 01:19:00 PM
If Bitcoin dies definitely altcoin will follow suit. There is alcoin because there is bitcoin. You can notice that whenever bitcoin price goes down all altcoin price goes down too.

If Bitcoin gives a fatal error and dies. There will be only a few Altcoins who already have their platforms for exchange and promotion.
Activity: 215
April 11, 2018, 01:17:01 PM
This question has been asked so many times already and there has been a lot of discussion about it. But there is still no common opinion.
I believe that there will  be altcoins that remain even if the Bitcoin fades away one day. Though I really doubt it. The main reason for that is there will be alts that work on more advanced technology. Of course, altcoins are connected with Bitcoin, but they have certain autonomity already. So, I think there always will be altcoins.

Activity: 476
April 11, 2018, 01:09:26 PM
If Bitcoin dies definitely altcoin will follow suit. There is alcoin because there is bitcoin. You can notice that whenever bitcoin price goes down all altcoin price goes down too.
Pages:
Jump to: