Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 14. (Read 17262 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 10:33:25 AM
Any effect on bitcoin has proportional effect on alt coins or even more. But it doesn´t mean that altcoin would die if bitcoin loses value, because there are some altcoins which are even good than bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM
April 06, 2018, 10:31:40 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

If Bitcoin really dies, I would say that other coins which have good values will replace it.
Honestly, Bitcoin already overtakes Ethereum. Ethereum has a fast transaction and cheap fees.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
April 06, 2018, 10:21:05 AM
I think not, because the entire market of crypto-currency is not only bitcoin, and if it die (although it is unlikely), then the replacement will come ETH  Grin

Agreed that the entire market is not only bitcoin. However, most altcoins exchange to bitcoin, because bitcoin has a higher value. Thus, when prices of bitcoin fall, they other altcoins as well will. However, you are correct in the sense that ETH has a strong claim to keep the crypto world going if bitcoin dies. ETH is becoming much popular especially for the use of ICO payments. If ETH can continue to have a "everyday valuable use/need" it will survive. As for the prices of ETH I can't speculate on that now. But it looks like its still really tied to the behavior of bitcoin very much.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 10:10:04 AM
There is no doubt that altcoin will die if the BTC dies, because altcoin is denominated in BTC. And BTC is a symbol of encryption.

Activity: 126
April 06, 2018, 09:58:20 AM
There is a high probability that all if not most cryptos will die as well. Since bitcoin was the pioneer of all cryptos, all other succeeding cryptos will be affected once bitcoin dies out...
Activity: 602
April 06, 2018, 09:54:27 AM
In my owned opinion its not, it is not that altcoin die if bitcoin die because as i understand altcoin is teh alternate of bitcoin so from the word alternate it can be stand to be the alternate of the one is none. But it is also depend the situation, on how it is going to die or how it is being collapse with.
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
April 06, 2018, 09:42:28 AM
One of the major misconception people have bitcoin will die but Bitcoin is nt like other company or share we can see zero bitcoin is similar to gold which has value and stay as long as internet is exist in this world
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
April 06, 2018, 09:38:50 AM
There is a high probability that all if not most cryptos will die as well. Since bitcoin was the pioneer of all cryptos, all other succeeding cryptos will be affected once bitcoin dies out...

For this moment, yes you are right. But maybe in future created coins that will not be based on bitcoin. It will change the whole cryptomarket, i want see this
Activity: 126
April 06, 2018, 09:34:39 AM
Activity: 159
April 06, 2018, 09:32:57 AM
This is not necessary. If bitcoin for some reason disappears, then its place should take another successful digital coin, which will be instead of bitcoin intermediary in the exchange of other crypto currency in fiat.
 It can be ethereum, bitcoin cash or other crypto currency
Activity: 53
April 06, 2018, 09:32:47 AM
Absolutely not. Altcoins are the future.
Every new tech developed based on block chain, would have its own currency.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
April 06, 2018, 09:08:11 AM
I do believe that there might be some temporary decline. Market will need to adjust to work without main coin, but eventually it would go back to normal.
It is not that Bitcoin is backed by real multimillion business or smth (well ok, maybe those BTC mining companies). Actually, I think market is too dependent on BTC right now and it shouldnt. Alt coins should be valued not looking at BTC price but by the project they are being used for.
Say ETH should be valued how many SM there are, how scalability issues are handled etc.
Activity: 114
Merit: 12
April 06, 2018, 09:07:29 AM
I think not, because the entire market of crypto-currency is not only bitcoin, and if it die (although it is unlikely), then the replacement will come ETH  Grin
If they lose faith in bitcoin it means it's a failure to all altcoin including Ethereum. Remember that Bitcoin is the first blockchain that copied by Ethereum which only added other features such as Ethereum contact and transaction speed.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
April 06, 2018, 09:00:28 AM
Well, in general, if you judge so that each currency has its fans, then the altcoyin was bought and will buy if even bitcoin disappears.
I also think that now bitcoin does not have such an impact on the entire market. Each coin has its own niche in which it feels great regardless of external circumstances.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 06, 2018, 08:54:33 AM
I believe it will not since other coins have its own network of blokchain. Maybe it will automatically rely to the second coin in the market known as ethereum.
Activity: 86
April 06, 2018, 08:51:35 AM
All alt coins will not die in such a situation, for instance take the case of ripple. The developers already made a number of partnerships and thus it will always have some value.
Activity: 196
April 06, 2018, 08:29:39 AM
If bitcoin dies when 90%  altcoin are die because 90% altcoins are treading  in the bitcoin        
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
April 06, 2018, 08:28:31 AM
Yes, if the altcoin can only be exchanged with Bitcoin it will die. There is a possibility that one day Bitcoin might die if nobody want to have Bitcoin.
Activity: 350
April 06, 2018, 08:19:04 AM
I think if bitcoin dies, the technology behind it, will certainly have another purpose, which already happens with other altcoins in their different characteristics. I can not see things like that. Even in the worst of scenarios, i think bitcoin can undergo an evolution but not an interruption.

Regards.

I think yes but only one altcoin will die and if bitcoin is also dead because bitcoin is the parent of all altcoin, and investors still need bitcoin to invest and altcoin may die but bitcoin will not die because of the world's currency bitcoin
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
April 06, 2018, 08:13:39 AM
only for now if bitcoin dies, alternativ coins (all the crypto currency market) dies. alt coins are still not independant from the main crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: