Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 33. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
January 17, 2018, 03:58:37 PM
Bitcoin is the bed rock of this market. I cannot yet imagine a next day without bitcoin.
It's just too soon...
Activity: 726
Merit: 251
January 17, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
Somehow if bitcoin goes to 0, 90% of the market goes to 0. Everything works on farms except a few selected coins and current coins can be pumped and manipulated. Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
January 17, 2018, 03:37:55 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
Surely no. There will be real panic on market that stabilizes in some (short?) time. After that Ethereum will be a new "bitcoin", or the first N currencies will share market and usage of BTC.

It based on the reason why bitcoin will die if government block all online currencies altcoins also die or due to other reason bitcoin will die alt may not be die so we can't say without reason and it is on the government hands .
Bitcoin will be die if no one mining Bitcoin, is right?
Because Bitcoin can not confirm any transaction in network, it means no one can transfer Bitcoin and all exchange will be ban by the government.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
January 15, 2018, 10:36:02 PM
in my opinion, they are different. you can check the history to know. when bitcoin falls down, there are still many altcoins rise up such as Bitcoin cash, ETH,... So, I believe that, altcoin will survive without Bitcoin
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
January 15, 2018, 10:14:30 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
Surely no. There will be real panic on market that stabilizes in some (short?) time. After that Ethereum will be a new "bitcoin", or the first N currencies will share market and usage of BTC.

It based on the reason why bitcoin will die if government block all online currencies altcoins also die or due to other reason bitcoin will die alt may not be die so we can't say without reason and it is on the government hands .
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 10:14:02 PM
I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
One thing many people predict is that Bitcoin will die in the future, but in reality Bitcoin can not die if it is still as good as it is or in the past, if Bitcoin really dies there will be a lot of investors afraid. for other investment destinations
Activity: 182
January 15, 2018, 10:02:47 PM
Activity: 336
January 15, 2018, 10:00:14 PM

Your reasoning has a lot of foundation, but I think it's hard to answer that, because while we can see both Bitcoin and the altcoin gaining highlights, we can see many negative issues being raised. But even with all this, I believe and I want to continue believing that Bitcoin will not die, it can maybe be replaced if it becomes obsolete.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!
January 15, 2018, 09:58:23 PM
Bitcoin was the first major cryptocurrency that you had to buy to be able to get altcoins in order to invest in the crypto space. However, now lots of exchanges are allowing people to buy altcoins directly with fiat currency. It seems that when Bitcoin drops, people start buying up the altcoins. So, a different more improved altcoin can possibly become Bitcoin 2.0, 3.0, etc., especially if it has value like complete and total privacy.
Activity: 337
January 15, 2018, 09:53:47 PM
I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
This is true because if bitcoin falls, bitcoin users might jump on the next big altcoin there is. And also altcoins dont have the same developers so its really hard to see all of the altcoins dying and disappearing. A new altcoin will surely rise if bitcoin falls.

They are both cryptocurrency and they have almost the same nature. If every government banned all crypto currencies, they will both die.
Activity: 266
January 15, 2018, 09:38:29 PM
I'm not sure if bitcoin die then altcoin will die. Because not all exchanges are aimed at all with bitcoin, sometimes there are also exchanged with Ethereum. If bitcoin dies it will affect altcoin, but I am optimistic altcoin will recover quickly from hard times.
Activity: 93
Merit: 2
January 15, 2018, 09:35:11 PM
I think yes. Because Bitcoin is the highest value of cryptocurrency in this industry, when bitcoin dies altcoin might die too. But it depends on the consumer of different party.
Activity: 98
January 15, 2018, 09:26:18 PM
Whatever is created in this world there must be times where it will be destroyed, including Bitcoin. So when Bitcoin disappears is there a future for Altcoin? The question is often questioned by some members of this forum and I will try to answer it again. If at any time Bitcoin disappears the first Altcoin to replace it is Ethereum, why? Compared to other Altcoin Ethereum development is very fast, plus support from the excess of this coin makes more and more demand for many investors.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
January 15, 2018, 09:22:41 PM
I guess not. Alternative cryptocurrency now can stand on its own. Altcoins or alternative cryptocurrency was created to be a proxy or a substitute for bitcoin. As of now, alternative cryptocurrency is independent, altcoins have its own value like bitcoin. The two are far more connected yet they are both lies in same characteristics and functions as a money and it is to be a virtual money. They are both seperated depends on their value, so I guess if bitcoin dies the altcoin will stay alive and kicking.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
January 15, 2018, 09:18:32 PM
If bitcoin dies, it doesn’t mean that the other will die also, though some of the altcoins depends their value to the value of bitcoin. But if it will happen, probably there will be a dominant altcoin that people going to use it because in this era of technology we still need a digital currency.

Some people would like to see bitcoin death but ain't going to happen. We can speak about what will be if something happen, but that is just unnecessary spamming, we know that bitcoin is now stronger then before and its getting harder and harder to break it. Bitcoin is more adopted now then ever before, and news about more are just coming. Now bitcoin is in every newspaper around the world, people talk about it, even some of my friends now have discussions about bitcoin and all this, they hear a lot from different sides. I believe in my country is now like it was in US back in 2010-11.
Activity: 570
Merit: 504
January 15, 2018, 09:05:14 PM
Alt Coins cannot exist without bitcoin.
Alt coins move when Bitcoins move.

ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in 400,000 stores in Japan.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in retail stores in the USA, coffee shops, godaddy.com Overstock.com, namecheap.com, etc.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted at car dealerships in the USA.  I know of 4 that I found so far.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted for new ICO, Initial Coin Offerings, when another crypto is attempting to start up.
ONLY Bitcoin has banks, credit cards, Visa, Master, and ATMs for Cash.
ONLY Bitcoin is on the Futures market, and soon Options market.  (real options markets that deal with real stock options, not that fake scam sports betting type sites)

Yes I own a BitPay card that accepts BTC, and works as a VISA and at ANY ATM machine for cash.

ONLY Bitcoin is setup to work at credit card machines for stores to accept BTC.

No alt coin is accepted at any retail stores yet.
Only ETH is accepted by some online retailers (Non reputable ones)

Alt coins have NO value without Bitcoin, because alt coins can ONLY be used to trade for:  BITCOIN and other cryptos.

Alt Coins have no other use other than converting to other cryptos. 
No other Crypto is worth anything until you trade it for BTC or Fiat currency.

ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in commerce. 
That means ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in stores, and legitimate online retailers.

Alt coins will never catch up to the wide spread acceptance of Bitcoin.
Activity: 351
January 15, 2018, 08:40:41 PM
If bitcoin dies, it doesn’t mean that the other will die also, though some of the altcoins depends their value to the value of bitcoin. But if it will happen, probably there will be a dominant altcoin that people going to use it because in this era of technology we still need a digital currency.
Activity: 251
January 15, 2018, 07:37:32 PM
I think if bitcoin died bitcash would be the next king who dominates the other alcove is my point of view or another currency that the people themselves give their support and not have rates as high as bitcoin and would be the one with anonymity total as some coins that use the technology tor
Activity: 23
January 15, 2018, 07:18:03 PM
Anything that affect the BTC either positively or negatively affect all other altcoin same way. If Bitcoin is decimated then that will be the end of cryptocurrency. All the other alt currencies is either trying to be like BTC.
Activity: 72
January 15, 2018, 07:07:42 PM
I think no, because they have their own value and the bitcoin will replace by other currency. But this is nothing to happened because the bitcoin is really good and most popular cryptho currency.
Pages:
Jump to: