Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 34. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
January 15, 2018, 06:36:34 PM
well the most of the traders are always aiming to rise their btc by doing trade in order to profit at the end and if btc will die I guess the hope for the others would be minimum.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 06:31:29 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

In my opinion Altcoins would not die if Bitcoin died. You are right that most altcoins are traded only against BTC and this surely is a problem, but I apparently believe that this would be a problem that would be solved if Bitcoin died for some reason. I think that the variety of coins that are out there are not solely relying on Bitcoins well doing, many of the projects have a good community themselves already that wont just loose trust in their cryptocurrency because Bitcoin faded.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
January 15, 2018, 06:13:45 PM
I'm not sure if the dead bitcoin will be followed by the death of altcoin, it could be another coin that plays a role as a trading center because of the possibilities that could happen in cryptocurrency, but of course the bitcoin's death will have an impact on trading in altcoin exchanges.
Activity: 125
January 15, 2018, 06:04:51 PM
I think this kind of speculation can be attributed to how bitcoin dies. All of this is very circumstantial.
Activity: 217
Merit: 120
Presale is live!
January 15, 2018, 05:56:11 PM
The answer to this is obvious. No. That's like saying if Facebook dies will the internet die?
Activity: 518
Presale is live!
January 15, 2018, 05:47:50 PM
Bitcoin dying at this point doesn't mean altcoins will die also. Crypto is too big right now for that to happen. But it would be a major blow.
Activity: 308
January 15, 2018, 05:31:29 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

Bitcoin is very popular today and because of that, the value is keep on increasing because of the demand in the market coming from the consumers that are investing a lot hoping that they will earn more profit in the future by holding their coins for a very long time. It only means that even if bitcoins will die then probably most of the traders and investors will still lean on altcoins and the value of this coins will obviously increase since there will be a lot of interest on altcoins when bitcoins is gone already.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 05:20:04 PM
If bitcoin die altcoin will replace bitcoin. It's great. The most popular from altcoin now will be the number one of cryptocurrency. And the price of altcoin that replace it, will rise.
Activity: 4
January 15, 2018, 05:08:48 PM
As it has been said, the answer mainly depends on the reason bitcoin would die.
Anyway, if it should happen, I think the other altcoins could survive, but it would have a boomerang effect . People would lose trust in crypto and the value could decrease at a very low level

I mean maybe it would cause a panic and crypto would be publicly shunned, but some of the other coins have intrinsic value not tied to Bitcoin at all. Don't you think? I mean, Bitcoin isn't anything special and probably has the most to lose out of them all.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
January 15, 2018, 04:53:44 PM
I think most likely because people will start to panic and sell everything at least at the minimum price)) Bitcoin all the same, dad)
Activity: 72
January 15, 2018, 04:52:19 PM
As it has been said, the answer mainly depends on the reason bitcoin would die.
Anyway, if it should happen, I think the other altcoins could survive, but it would have a boomerang effect . People would lose trust in crypto and the value could decrease at a very low level
Activity: 4
January 15, 2018, 04:46:28 PM
i think if Bitcoin die, altcoin can't live. because Bitcoin like center of crypto. new investor want to invest in crypto they will buy Bitcoin first, so i think bitcoin will live (may be long time in the future) Cheesy

While this is technically correct, due to the way crypto investors currently get into and out of cash, the conclusion does not follow. It assumes that there is no differentiation between the coins, and data does not support that at all. There might have been a day when different coins were essentially the same, but as the space has evolved so much in the last few years, some superficial and very fundamental differences have emerged. If you use market share as metric, Bitcoin is "dying" but crypto is bigger than ever for example.

Activity: 145
Merit: 16
January 15, 2018, 04:45:31 PM
When bitcoin moves just a little bit up, the whole altcoin market gets ruined. It's a reliable sign of bitcoin's power on market.

that's not only reason. Everything can't disapear overnight
Activity: 56
January 15, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
When bitcoin moves just a little bit up, the whole altcoin market gets ruined. It's a reliable sign of bitcoin's power on market.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
January 15, 2018, 04:34:47 PM
That depends on what made Bitcoin disappear. If it is the government that made them disappear, then altcoin would also disappear. But, if it is something else, then it might not disappear as well.
Not necessarily. BTC is an independent code like the rest of crypto. ETH has a lot of big cash at BTC.
Activity: 168
January 15, 2018, 04:26:30 PM
i think if Bitcoin die, altcoin can't live. because Bitcoin like center of crypto. new investor want to invest in crypto they will buy Bitcoin first, so i think bitcoin will live (may be long time in the future) Cheesy
Activity: 353
January 15, 2018, 04:20:52 PM
I don't think so. But maybe it will go this way, if Bitcoin dies, altcoins will rise.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 04:19:58 PM
I think yes, because now bitcoin is the foundation of all alt coins in the cyber world as a foundation you are the one who stands for them and when you get weak they will also get weak thats
why i said that when the bitcoin die all alt coins will also die, but it is impossible for the bitcoin to die it has a strong foundation.

Actually up till last month I was also thinking same, if bitcoin dies then altcoins also dies but things that happened last month has changed my decisin. even when bitcoin was dropping sharply, there were some altcoins were holding and even growing.
Activity: 434
January 15, 2018, 03:49:30 PM

It is necessarily that if one cryptocurrency falls because of some economic reasons, the others will fall to. But it's more likely that for example all cryptocurrencies are banned altogether by the laws of government, then all market of cryptocurrency will definitely fall altogether too.
Activity: 98
January 15, 2018, 03:45:05 PM
Altcoins depend on bitcoin, but they will not die without bitcoin, they can replace bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: