Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 41. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10
December 19, 2017, 07:10:11 PM
Yes. Virtual all platforms runs on the laid platform of bitcoin. Bitcoin is the giant of all the cryptocurrencies, so it cannot even die.
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
December 19, 2017, 07:01:31 PM
Bitcoin has too many orders that are not fulfilling. It has too many unconfirmed transactions are people are not liking it. I think Bitcoin is going to dump or correct for now and investors are trying to look for the next faster operating Bitcoin. I really think they will turn to Bitcoin Cash.
Bitcoin has biggest problem in its system, but I do not understand the decision of Bitcoin devs. They did not hard fork and SegWit2x Bitcoin to raise the blocksize of Bitcoin to 2MB. Instead, they choose to fork a crypto is Bitcoin Cash with 8MB blocksize and transfer to use this crypto Sad.
Activity: 570
Merit: 504
December 19, 2017, 06:15:22 PM
Bitcoin has too many orders that are not fulfilling. It has too many unconfirmed transactions are people are not liking it. I think Bitcoin is going to dump or correct for now and investors are trying to look for the next faster operating Bitcoin. I really think they will turn to Bitcoin Cash.

You are a scammer.
You believe the lies and scam.

Bitcoin Cash is only worth anything because BITCOIN is worth more.
Bitcoin Cash cannot be used in ANY store. 
You can only use it to buy bitcoin.

So don't be stupid.
December 19, 2017, 06:13:46 PM
You are a lier.
Bitcoin transactions that are not confirmed are NOT visible on the blockchain, so you are full of shit.
You would not know if bitcoin has unconfirmed transactions.

Stop lying.
Bitcoin confirms in 5-10 minutes if you pay $16-$20 fee.
Or zero fees if you use the same online wallet as the receiver.

BTC is for men, not little boys.
Activity: 126
December 19, 2017, 05:25:50 PM
December 19, 2017, 05:23:38 PM
Bitcoin can die because of a stronger altcoin (in far future). The fate of other altcoins depends on reasons why bitcoin died.
No. It is not correct. Bitcoin may die, it does not mean that all coin will die.
You are both WRONG.
Bitcoin cannot die.
Alt coins are NOTHING without bitcoin.

You can buy houses, cars, coffee, food, online services, online goods ONLY with bitcoin or ETH,, NO OTHERS!
So Altcoins are ONLY worth anything at all, because you can trade them for bitcoin or cash.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
December 11, 2017, 03:14:42 PM
Bitcoin can die because of a stronger altcoin (in far future). The fate of other altcoins depends on reasons why bitcoin died.
Activity: 84
Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain
December 11, 2017, 02:53:56 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
Bitcoin operates on one separate blockchain which other altcoins utilize as well. There are other blockchains such as the ETH one which has erc20 tokens that many altcoins utilize. Also, there’s the waves competitor as well. Bitcoin has its own ecological environment though so do its competitors.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
December 11, 2017, 02:47:17 PM
No. It is not correct. Bitcoin may die, it does not mean that all coin will die.
Activity: 56
December 11, 2017, 02:40:46 PM
No... if Bitcoin somehow fails then that doesn't necessarily mean that  other Cryptos can't continue to exist.. but whatever killed Bitcoin was something fundamental to Crypto that also could kill the other coins along with it.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
December 11, 2017, 02:38:24 PM
1. Bitcoin is the first and the original cryptocurrency. It is a benchmark for the whole crypto-based economy.
2. Every regulation, potential ban and restriction will be first imposed on Bitcoin - and I believe that every single other coin will be affected by the same law sooner or later.
3. In case something dramatic will happen to bitcoin it is only a matter of time before it will happen to Litecoin, Zcash, Monero any every other coin.
4. There is also very slim chance that bitcoin will collapse on its own - without any intervention of the governments etc. - in this situation, altcoins will survive.
No I don’t think so other altcoin will die but they will not take a place of bitcoin because bitcoin is different and it want to hold on world trade it have a lot of users and its respect and demand is very high so it’s very difficult for any other crypto to be same like bitcoin although they will work in market but their popularity and price will be very less so bitcoin is best of the best currency and it will be survive for ever because world need it.
Activity: 119
Glab Trotter
December 10, 2017, 11:43:18 AM
the death of Bitcoin does not necessarily drag everyone down, I think it will clearly depend on the context of his death
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
December 10, 2017, 11:42:17 AM
1. Bitcoin is the first and the original cryptocurrency. It is a benchmark for the whole crypto-based economy.
2. Every regulation, potential ban and restriction will be first imposed on Bitcoin - and I believe that every single other coin will be affected by the same law sooner or later.
3. In case something dramatic will happen to bitcoin it is only a matter of time before it will happen to Litecoin, Zcash, Monero any every other coin.
4. There is also very slim chance that bitcoin will collapse on its own - without any intervention of the governments etc. - in this situation, altcoins will survive.
Activity: 254
December 10, 2017, 11:35:06 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I don't think that altcoin will just die because of bitcoin. There are two possibilities of what will happen here: People could be afraid to invest on coins again because of what happened to bitcoin, thus reducing the amount of altcoin users, or people will look for a new altcoin where they will treat as the new bitcoin.
You are right people will shift to another coin if bitcoin will die but people can also abandon cryptocurrency because they will start to doubt it again just like before. But I think the chance for this to happen is very little because bitcoin is a very strong now and there are a lot of agencies and people tried to bring bitcoin down but they never succeed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
December 10, 2017, 11:25:32 AM
nooo i don't think so all of them alone.... Bitcoin and altcoin is different one
Activity: 14
December 10, 2017, 11:23:36 AM
Hi, i think if bitcoin dies the market will collapse for some term, but some projects will live on and you will see the true value

Cheers
Activity: 112
December 10, 2017, 11:22:11 AM
I don't agree at all about bitcoin dies though alcoin die both not going to happen even all the country ban bitcoin till the internet is available to access bitcoin not going to die if internet dead means not only bitcoin, altcoin total world will end simply no bank will work as they don't have records and stockmarket etc. example to die without internet.
Activity: 770
Merit: 253
December 10, 2017, 11:18:03 AM
If Bitcoin dies, altcoins most likely will die too. Altcoies tend to sip when BTC does. It is only natural since Bitcoin is the king, after all. So yeah, I think altcoins would die if BTC does.
Bitcoin will not die and altcoins  will not die also, we are now in a world where we are surrounded by different kinds of coins, and the mindset of people is continuously changing because of the tremendous outcome that bitcoin has brought in our life/market so no reason for bitcoin to die as it is really growing so fast.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
December 10, 2017, 11:14:57 AM
If Bitcoin dies, altcoins most likely will die too. Altcoies tend to sip when BTC does. It is only natural since Bitcoin is the king, after all. So yeah, I think altcoins would die if BTC does.
Activity: 238
December 10, 2017, 10:49:37 AM
As Bitcoin is now traded against most of the alts and most of them arent traded on other fiat markets, the death of Bitcoin would mean also huge impacts on altcoins. But this is just in regards of the trading price I think. If there is a demand for an altcoin, and there sure is for many, as they have totally different use cases than only the one of a currency, then there will be still people buying it and the alts may not die.
But this all will depend on the reason why Bitcoin dies, if it dies. If it dies because demand for it shifts to another currency, than alts may not suffer that hard. However if it Bitcoin dies because it is banned globally or for a similar reason, than alts may be banned as well and then likely also die.
Pages:
Jump to: