Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 37. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 11, 2018, 11:45:12 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I think if the dead bitcoin may be altcoin too die / disappear because if bitcoin die bitcoin market will suffer and altcoin go extinct, and then it depends on the government if the government forbid possible bitcoin will be lost
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
January 11, 2018, 11:35:28 AM
I think bitcoin is the parent of cryptocurrency, so bitcoin will not die before the altcoin disappeared.
but we hope crypto will continue to grow and not extinction.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 11:28:02 AM
If the dead bitcoin will definitely be very influential with altcoin, but do not make altcoin die like bitcoin. Altcoin is very much and diverse and provides different services, surely investors will switch from bitcoin to another altcoin like Ethereum or ripple.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 11:21:18 AM
Bitcoin system will most certainly not die, but the coin "owning" Bitcoin name, can (and most likely will) change the "ownership"... and most likely scenario for this is the Bitcoin Cash which has very real potential to get the rightful title of Bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
January 11, 2018, 11:18:37 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
I don't know whether the dead BTC will be trailed by the passing of altcoin it could be another coin that assumes a part as an exchanging focus as a result of the potential outcomes that could occur in digital currency obviously the BTC's demise will affect exchanging altcoin trades.
Activity: 125
January 11, 2018, 11:12:05 AM
I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.

I strongly agree on your opinion that, a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. Adding also my opinion that, I dont think and I dont know if bitcoin will die in the future, but I think its not. because bitcoin is money, money is all we need, and we use money in everything we do in life. so without bitcoin how are we supposed to do transactions online? aside from credit cards. In addition, there are enough alts trying to do completely different things. Many shouldn't be considered currencies or stores of value at all despite having a price tag attached to them.
Activity: 5
January 11, 2018, 11:03:41 AM
That depends on the cause of the disappearance of the Bitcoin. If it was illegalized and banned by the government, then altcoins will most likely disappear as well.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 09, 2018, 04:18:43 PM
Yes if the foundation of cryptocurrency fails,all of the alts under it will surely collapse one by one.
Activity: 11
January 09, 2018, 03:40:04 PM
it think one scenario when the bitcoin dead is all goverment on the world banned bitcoin not stopping the network and make bitcoin holder cash their bitcoin and start to consume altcoin and will make another altcoin more growth.
Well still, it is decentralized, so even if you banned bitcoin all of the sudden, there are still certain people who are going to use it, but now it is 'illegal'. But since - like I've said, decentralized, not even the government won't be able to stop these people from doing it.
Activity: 154
January 07, 2018, 12:50:05 PM
Bitcoin is Bitcoin, If it dies then why other currency will die?
But some effects will come on them. They will not die
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
January 07, 2018, 12:44:06 PM

If bitcoins will die then altcoins will have chance to bloom and consumers might change their way of investing and focus on altcoins. The best altcoin today is ethereum coins because it already manage to reach 1k dollar and there are a lot of people who already take a lot of profit from it so start investing eth coins right now to earn more profit in the future.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
January 07, 2018, 12:40:56 PM
If the bitcoin die the altcoin will never die because the altcoin is not connected in bitcoin yes the bitcoin is related in altcoin but it doesn't mean if the bitcoin die the altcoin will die too and to be honest no one can say if the bitcoin die it will affect the altcoin and it might be die we can't say that if it's happen then we can now show them a prove if the bitcoin will die the altcoin too
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
January 06, 2018, 05:48:21 PM
At this time, the price of altcoin actually refers to bitcoin. It means that bitcoin is the mother of all coins present. If the bitcoin dies then there is no reference to another coin determining the price so that the coins die as well as the bitcoin which is the parent of all the coins. I hope this will not happen in the future because now I depend on bitcoin to earn income to meet the needs of life.
Activity: 137
January 06, 2018, 09:41:21 AM
For now, I believe that altcoin can success like now just because bitcoin still exists till now. So if bitcoin not exists at all, altcoin can't exists too. But, no one can imagine what happen next with bitcoin and altcoin. As long as we still use bitcoin, bitcoin can't die and altcoin can be success.
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
January 06, 2018, 09:19:21 AM
I think they will die if Bitcoin dies. I have also noticed that all of the altcoins follow Bitcoins price. When Bitcoin falls, the altcoin falls, and the other way round. Maybe they wont die if everyone just move to a certain cryptocurrency and make it Bitcoin #2 and continue the same system. I doubt it would ever happen, though.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
January 06, 2018, 09:09:18 AM
First of all, if we are going to look at the past and history of bitcoin we could actually see the development and set form system on the market. So having an idea taht bitcoin would fall or die is quite impossible to happen along to the increased of the support of people with bitcoin. But when it comes the time bitcoin price or value fall to the point it would die it may affect the price of all cryptocurrency because bitcoin is a form of universal currency for alternative crypto's.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 09:06:04 AM
If bitcoin dies other altcoin does not. The other altcoin are created to replace the bitcoin so why would it die?
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 06, 2018, 08:54:28 AM
it think one scenario when the bitcoin dead is all goverment on the world banned bitcoin not stopping the network and make bitcoin holder cash their bitcoin and start to consume altcoin and will make another altcoin more growth.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 06, 2018, 06:53:59 AM
Bitcoin being banned in every country is the only reason why it will die. This is impossible to happen especially in the upcoming years. If bitcoin will be gone, altcoins will follow as well. It defeats the purpose of banning bitcoin if altcoin will still exist. But who knows, if altcoin still exist, maybe others will find a way to turn it into cash. The only reason why I'm using altcoin is to convert it to bitcoin then convert it to cash. I don't other way. If there is, then all good even if bitcoin falls. It's kinda sad though, first thing in, first thing out.
Activity: 119
Merit: 14
Kawa
January 02, 2018, 04:53:42 AM
No possibility for cryptocurrencies to die! It's only beginning. Each coin which is real project is unique and has its specific objectives.
Of course if Bitcoin dies, that I think is impossible now, it will be a huge stress and enormous market decrease, but anyway cryptocurrencies will perform in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: