Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 40. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 10:13:21 PM
If bitcoin does die hypothetically then most altcoins will indeed die as well. With death of bitcoins, people will be in Feat, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD). Many will start exiting small altcoins and switch to more stable ones
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
December 19, 2017, 09:43:50 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

There will be an adverse effect for sure. But I doubt if it will cause the death of the altcoins. If Bitcoin will eventually die, there will be a replacement for sure and that would be the basis of the altcoin exchanges, not anymore Bitcoin. However, the way I look at it at this point in time, I think Bitcoin will take some more couple of decades before it might wither away. The support is still there although the threats are also increasing.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
December 19, 2017, 09:04:45 PM
It could be possible if bitcoin dies due to a huge decrease of demand. However, an extreme dump in demand is very unlikely to bitcoin. It may be gone if all countries ban the use of digital currency which therefore might delete all altcoins as well. But if the reason is the first one, then a new coin might take bitcoin''s superiority.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
December 19, 2017, 09:03:27 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
For me yes, once bitcoin will bubble. Altcoins will follow, because bitcoin is the king of all crypto currency. I believe that bitcoin will never die. Altcoins is also good investment once the bitcoin price will be stable, altcoins will also boom in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
December 19, 2017, 08:58:14 PM
It depends upon the reason of its death. If BTC dies due to a prohibition of the government to use such currency then all of the altcoins will also perish but if the reason for BTC's death is plunging of price then another altcoin will probably advance the cryptocurrency economy. In this case, etherium would be the potential market leader in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 67
December 19, 2017, 08:39:12 PM
I don't think so, other Alt coins will be given the chance to compete for the top spot instead.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
December 19, 2017, 08:38:30 PM
Now that's a solid question and something I've been wondering myself. What would happen to all the Altcoins that we are holding (and not only) if Bitcoin price crashes ? I've personally seen some coins that are completely resistant when it comes to Bitcoin price falling and others that fall together with Bitcoin. If BTC dies, there will be another coin to replace it for sure  Cool
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
December 19, 2017, 08:38:12 PM
sad to say yes because bitcoin is the heart of cryptocurrencies and what ever
happens to bitcoin it will happen to altcoin too.this is just my personal opinion hope
this wont lead to debate because of altcoin supporters
Activity: 434
December 19, 2017, 08:34:48 PM
In my own opinion, Yes it will because bitcoins today is the coin that has the highest price and if bitcoins will die then there is no reason for altcoins to exist because altcoins was made to compete with bitcoins.
Activity: 42
December 19, 2017, 08:32:43 PM
Boats can't float without water
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
December 19, 2017, 08:31:05 PM
I did not think so. I think maybe Bitcoin will be taken over by an altcoin or become one. When I say become one I mean change form what it originally is and because Bitcoin version 2.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
December 19, 2017, 08:07:30 PM
There are many instances that bitcoin will die along with altcoin for example if governments ban crypto currencies then that would be the end of all digital currency or bitcoin fail itself due to some issues and might lose motivation for investors to put their money in digital currencies. Bitcoin holds the biggest market share others are trading altcoim to get btc if bitcoin were to fail then so is altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
December 19, 2017, 08:04:47 PM
All depends on the market and the demand. If when bitcoin dies but altcoin enthusiasts much then altcoin will not follow bitcoin because even now bitcoin is only used as a benchmark to determine the price of altcoin. Even so, I'm sure bitcoin will not die as more and more new users and it means that bitcoin enthusiasts are getting more and more.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
December 19, 2017, 07:57:43 PM
That depends on what situation Bitcoin might die. If you mean that is it possible to lose bitcoin in the market? It's impossible to happen because Bitcoin is very fortunate, it's not going to lose, especially now that Bitcoin recognizes Bitcoin in the whole world, because of that, there are also growing investors in Bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
December 19, 2017, 07:54:16 PM
Perhaps this forum will be at the same time, and there is no discussion about bitcoin in this forum ...
Activity: 15
December 19, 2017, 07:51:15 PM
Well, if blockchain dies that would be a problem... Bitcoin no so much...
+ as someone wrote here on bitcointalk, for bitcoin to die, like really die and become worthless, something really serious would have to happen to mess things.. like braking encryption, corruption of the code, or whatever doomsday scenario you could imagine...

On the other side, possibility of btc value falling down doesn't automatically mean it's dying Smiley
Activity: 570
Merit: 504
December 19, 2017, 07:23:38 PM
They are being too greedy and overconfident. They ended up believing than bitcoin is the best coin forever and that cannot be true.
You make the most illogical and stupid posts thus far.

Some of the coins follow a inverted trend in relation to bitcoin. If bitcoin crashes would have an initial apocaliptic effect but it would be long term beneficial.
You have NO idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Do you even know what Bitcoin is?
Do you know what alt coins are?

Name just ONE alternative to bitcoin that has an inverted trend to Bitcoin.  Idiot propaganda stooge.
Activity: 448
Lets Go Adab
December 19, 2017, 07:16:19 PM
In my own opinion there are two possibilities, It is possible for altcoins to die because the only reason why altcoins are created is because there should be a alternative coin for bitcoins to compete and the other thing is that altcoins might increase its value since there are already other people who invest in altcoins and they did not want to lose their investment.
Merit: 11
Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution
December 19, 2017, 07:13:54 PM
Bitcoin has too many orders that are not fulfilling. It has too many unconfirmed transactions are people are not liking it. I think Bitcoin is going to dump or correct for now and investors are trying to look for the next faster operating Bitcoin. I really think they will turn to Bitcoin Cash.
Bitcoin has biggest problem in its system, but I do not understand the decision of Bitcoin devs. They did not hard fork and SegWit2x Bitcoin to raise the blocksize of Bitcoin to 2MB. Instead, they choose to fork a crypto is Bitcoin Cash with 8MB blocksize and transfer to use this crypto Sad.

They are being too greedy and overconfident. They ended up believing than bitcoin is the best coin forever and that cannot be true.
Merit: 11
Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution
December 19, 2017, 07:12:38 PM

Some of the coins follow a inverted trend in relation to bitcoin. If bitcoin crashes would have an initial apocaliptic effect but it would be long term beneficial.
Pages:
Jump to: