Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 39. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 20, 2017, 11:48:28 PM
If bitcoin dies most people will lose interest to cryptocurrency for a while because bitcoin is the popular crypto, i think all altcoins will go down after bitcoin dies. But there's a possibility or maybe altcoin will take the place of bitcoin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
December 20, 2017, 11:44:55 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
There is no reason for us to be afraid because bitcoin will never die. The bitcoin is becoming more powerful than before because many people are support  and patronizing the bitcoin. Bitcoin is our future money Smiley
Activity: 429
December 20, 2017, 11:39:51 PM
I think it's not that much because altcoins are missing but it's not yet affected by other altcoins because the other business is crypto currency coin because I just have bitcoin they hold all altcoin it's not maybe they are different because they are different processes because bitconnect business and ethereum are also bitcoin business so it will not be lost.
Activity: 678
Merit: 500
December 20, 2017, 09:46:40 PM
BTC is not easy to die now, She is keep growing . Grin
Activity: 1358
www.cd3d.app
December 20, 2017, 09:29:35 PM
I think if bitcoin dies then makes a strong effect on others altcoin. All altcoin will go down. Because bitcoin is a mother of cryptocurrency. More altcoin trades on bitcoin. I believe bitcoin will not die.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
December 20, 2017, 05:16:37 PM
If bitcoin die then that would be a chance for another alt to dominate. Cryptocurrency is already in people's system and had been already become more of an investment rather than mop which it supposed to be so if bitcoin is gone people would certainly look for aother high potential coin that could be the next bitcoin of time.
Actually the world still do not have much application of cryptocurrency for society. Therefore, if Bitcoin will be died in next year or current, I think altcoin also can be affected, but it does not mean altcoin will be died too. Because the existence of Bitcoin Cash changed the rule and power of Bitcoin in cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 570
Merit: 504
December 20, 2017, 03:45:13 AM
Bitcoin will never die.
You should listen to me because I am richer and smarter than you are.

I am speaking to idiots so allow me to make this simple for simple minds:
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in 400,000 stores in Japan.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in retail stores in the USA, coffee shops, godaddy.com Overstock.com, namecheap.com, etc.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted at car dealerships in the USA.  I know of 4 that I found so far.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted for new ICO, Initial Coin Offerings, when another crypto is attempting to start up.
ONLY Bitcoin has banks, credit cards, Visa, Master, and ATMs for Cash.
ONLY Bitcoin is on the Futures market, and soon Options market.  (real options markets that deal with real stock options, not that fake scam sports betting type sites)

Yes I own a BitPay card that accepts BTC, and works as a VISA and at ANY ATM machine for cash.

ONLY Bitcoin is setup to work at credit card machines for stores to accept BTC.

No alt coin is accepted at any retail stores yet.
Only ETH is accepted by some online retailers (Non reputable ones)

Alt coins have NO value without Bitcoin, because alt coins can ONLY be used to trade for:  BITCOIN and other cryptos.

Alt Coins have no other use other than converting to other cryptos. 
No other Crypto is worth anything until you trade it for BTC or Fiat currency.

ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in commerce. 
That means ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in stores, and legitimate online retailers.

Alt coins will never catch up to the wide spread acceptance of Bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 257
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
December 20, 2017, 01:17:12 AM
If bitcoin die then that would be a chance for another alt to dominate. Cryptocurrency is already in people's system and had been already become more of an investment rather than mop which it supposed to be so if bitcoin is gone people would certainly look for aother high potential coin that could be the next bitcoin of time.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
December 20, 2017, 01:11:36 AM
I think it depends on the support would be given to altcoins. Yes, many investors need cryptocurrency so if Bitcoin dies they will find another coins in which they will invest.
Activity: 159
December 20, 2017, 01:07:30 AM
I don't think so, other Alt coins will be given the chance to compete for the top spot instead.
Definitely right, if Bitcoin dies, altcoin will be given a chance and opportunity to be on the top line of cryptocurrency. Altcoin will be another Bitcoin that will make people invest on it. Thus, Altcoin will not die, it will stay even though Bitcoin dies.
Activity: 46
December 20, 2017, 12:59:32 AM
I don't think when bitcoin die, other altcoins will die too. Whether bitcoin failed itself or government creat some impace on bitcoin to make it disappear and die, investors and traders will automatically change to another crytocurrency and invest in it and by that, that coin will increase their value and price just as like bitcoin. Besides bitcoin, there are lots of other altcoin and bitcoin is not that important and have a huge impact to make other altcoins disappear at the same time as bitcoin
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
December 20, 2017, 12:46:40 AM
No i don’t think so, if ever time comes that bitcoin dies i guess some altcoins will tend to go up high too, there is always a balance of the growth of cryptocurrency, in my own opinion but i guess it wont happen that bitcoin dies, it will continously go up and down but i think it will remain supported by the bitcoiners
Activity: 225
December 20, 2017, 12:39:38 AM
Altcoins will become stronger because the investors will find a coin to invest if bitcoin dies. They may grow but not high as bitcoin since they are many altcoins to invest with.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 20, 2017, 12:36:47 AM
Bitcoin system will most certainly not die, but the coin "owning" Bitcoin name, can (and most likely will) change the "ownership"... and most likely scenario for this is the Bitcoin Cash which has very real potential to get the rightful title of Bitcoin.
Activity: 126
December 20, 2017, 12:21:56 AM
If bitcoin dies for whatever reason, there could be different consequences for it.  If bitcoin dies because the whole world goes offline and there is nothing to sustain cryptocurrencies because there is no internet, I think all cryptocurrencies will also phase out.  On the other hand, if bitcoin dies because it lost it's value and appeal to traders everywhere, then it is logical or it's possible that a new altcoin would take its place as the number 1 digicoin worldwide.  Another altcoin would possess a similar appeal or value to traders and so would put that altcoin in a similar spot to bitcoins if ever because by then, I think people would have already come up with ways on how to make it more user friendly and more convenient for everyone to use in their everyday lives.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2017, 11:01:42 PM
I would think yea it all would ...over time. unless like some others are saying it would have to be independent of btc.

I came wondering how the tax scam the senate will pass would affect coins in General when the market crashes will btc live though it an become even stronger . i hope so ...

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 10:59:16 PM
I think if the bitcoin dies by prohibiting or other factors, it will definitely affect directly with altcoin. The altcoin price will fall for a long time, but not until the altcoin dies.
This makes bitcoin users switch to altcoins whose prices are stable and have potential.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world
December 19, 2017, 10:46:34 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

Most probably, yes, almost all alt coin depends/exchanged are with bitcoin. Maybe they won't die, only if they became what bitcoin is now. Another is, only if those major holders suddenly change tracks and switch to alts and make them like btc.
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Chainjoes.com
December 19, 2017, 10:34:55 PM
I think they are different. As you can see now, Bitcoin price has down to $17,000 while Bitcoin cash, IOTA, Bitcoin gold still rise. You should not be too worry.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
December 19, 2017, 10:33:10 PM
I don't think so because other altcoins would have its chance to boom just like the bitcoin although it might affect on the side of investors because the tendency is they will doubt already.
Pages:
Jump to: