Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin goes to zero - page 7. (Read 4017 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
February 05, 2018, 09:58:38 PM
Rest goes to zero as well?

Which is kinda weird. Everything is measured in BTC. Which makes it the digital gold and bridge between $ (real world) anf crypto.

If bitcoin goes to zero price of those alt will not go to zero but it will possibly go to its very low price and it will take some time before price of those alt coin goes back up. But in my own opinion the current price of Bitcoin today is because due to price correction and with this it opened an opportunity to those new investor to invest in Bitcoin with a low price and sooner or later price of Bitcoin will rise back up and everyone will be happy including alt coin users.
Actually I don't think that altcoin will live when bitcoin die because it can be said bitcoin be a picture of altcoin success as well. you can see the current situation now when bitcoin is rejected everywhere and keeps bitcoin price down. it gives the same effect on altcoin almost all altcoin is also bleeding. btw for the moment I also don't see bitcoin will be zero. this price reduction can be said to be the impact of the ban on governments in various countries and a;so there is a correction. I think this is reasonable dude. when the situation returns to normal of course bitcoin price will recover again.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Build wealth with LooksCoin.com
February 05, 2018, 09:46:21 PM
How is the pricing affect the miners' profitability?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 05, 2018, 09:26:29 PM
Mathematically speaking it is impossible for Bitcoin to become zero, as there will be always some kind of value attached to BTC.
Therefore this hypothesis can be recalled as nonsense.

In addition to above, practically it is not possible near future.
Demand/Supply is the most important parameter for cryptocurrency price. For Bitcoin price to become 0 there should be unlimited supply OR 0 (Zero) demand.
Supply can not go up. Supply may go down because of forgotten passwords, lost wallets since they are not recoverable. Since the supply is limited and demand will never go to $0 is not seems possible.

This is why paintings do not worth much when the artist is still alive (supply is not constant) but their value estimation goes up after the artist dies.
This is why the value of an antique piece goes down when the quantity of similar items increases in the market.
This is why giant companies produce some products in low quantity with high price.

You can argue bitcoin is not a painting, antique or a luxury product. But you cannot ignore basic rules of the economics.

For this reason theoretically probability of becoming $100000 is  higher than probability of  becoming 0.

Note : these are just my personal thoughts and does not contain any trading advice. I am neither economist nor investment strategist..
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 17
February 05, 2018, 09:12:39 PM
Bitcoin can go to zero only if Internet communications totally disappear.
Which may happen only as a result of:
- nuclear conflict;
- asteroid impact;
- powerful solar flare.
In other cases crypto will always have certain value, greater than zero.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 05, 2018, 09:04:05 PM
The only way bitcoin will go to zero, will be if there is a total loss of faith to all holders and the government coming in to make a full destruction, and that will be the only way. But if the thought of zero is coming from an altcoin, then bitcoin can never go down to zero, cause it is seen as the first and major coin to all crypto currencies.
Activity: 98
February 05, 2018, 09:01:57 PM
I don't think there is no grounds to be zero at any stage because the bitcoin created the space which this world has to accept cryptocurrency and Microsoft Mr.Bilgates keeping its bulls eye in it so the bitcoin growth not decided through its fee structure based on its technology and the requirement in the financial sector
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
February 05, 2018, 08:43:31 PM

Which is kinda weird. Everything is measured in BTC. Which makes it the digital gold and bridge between $ (real world) anf crypto.
this wont be happen.every coins has a different value and projects,they have theyre own platforms i which every investors can choose,and the prospective costumer have own wantings on what they will use.so if ever bitcoin goes to zero.altcoin will live
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 08:35:23 PM
The only way bitcoin goes to zero if there is a mega natural diaster and the world loses internet and electricty for years.

I concur with you that, it is only when there will be no internet and electricity for years, that is when it might be possible to come to zero, which will never happen. Bitcoin  as a digital currency, that is decentralized and a peer to peer network, that have a Technology called blockchain, have been masterly designed for the purpose of sustainability and the future. The Volatility  of bitcoin may not be too far from why, it is been suggested that Bitcoin will come zero, when actually it has been Technologically put in place never to go to zero, rather will continue to rise in price value.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
February 05, 2018, 08:16:20 PM
My life and probably the life of bitcoin users as well would probably go back to normal as if bitcoin were not even existing. Well, if bitcoin value would reach zero then it might be probably the sign that bitcoin would face its end, people would stop using it and it will be start that bitcoin would end.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
February 05, 2018, 07:51:41 PM
Well, it depends on the reason that brought bitcoin down, if it's another cryptocurrency then no they won't be going down, but if it's something that makes people lose faith in all cryptocurrencies then the whole cryptocurrency market would crash.

Bitcoin zero and big chance for the whole cryptocurrency also down to zero.
I dont say its sure but 95% altcoin will crash to zero if bitcoin value is zero.
But anybody know what will make bitcoin has zero value?
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
February 05, 2018, 07:48:04 PM
there is the high tendency of it dipping  to all time low,but hitting zero is something possible.something big is coming after the dips.Moon days ahead
Activity: 434
February 05, 2018, 07:40:18 PM

Cryptocurrency and fiat are co-dependent to each other. But I think rendering bitcoin useless value will not greatly affect the fiat market which comprises most of the world market. The only industries I can see will be affected are the small independent trades.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
February 05, 2018, 07:12:12 PM

I do not think the bitcoin will fall so much until it reaches $0. It is true that historically it has suffered falls close to 90%, which would be equivalent to an approximate price of $2,000 right now, but I still have the confidence that at this moment there is a crisis of credibility due to the uncertainty of many new investors who are not used to dealing with this great volatility, but once they get used to it we can see a gradual recovery in the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 112
February 05, 2018, 06:54:15 PM
Well bitcoin will never go down to zero. If another coin is the reason why bitcoin decrease it's price then other coins won't reach zero. If you're asking if altcoins will also go down to zero since in trading they are tradable to bitcoin, well the answer is NO coz for example ETH can be tradable to USDT or EUR. But don't worry Bitcoin will never go down that much.
Activity: 14
February 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PM
Bitcoin will always contain some form of value therefore it can not go to zero.
Activity: 68
February 05, 2018, 06:46:15 PM
It will never hit that low it will start picking up in next few days, but it will never be as big as it was.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
February 05, 2018, 06:45:03 PM
if it happen, any coin will replace it. ethereum maybe.
bitcoin it self can be scam. i mean, it be nothing like the first it release, even more worthless. and trader or people that use it will move to other coin.
if bitcoin loss their supply, and almost out of stock, the developer not adding again, they will leave this coin
Activity: 119
February 05, 2018, 06:38:27 PM
Perhaps the drastically drastic value drop but reaching the flat zero point is highly unlikely to happen. Cryptos are volatile and dips should no longer be a surprise to us. Well, if it reaches the base of the stone, maybe other alts will lead like ethereum. As long as there is an internet supporter and bitcoin, its value will not be zero.
Activity: 144
February 05, 2018, 06:31:40 PM
If for example eth on an exchange is measured in btc and btc goes to zero isnt eth then zero as well?

If that were the case I would buy ALL THE BTC then wait for the rebuke Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
February 05, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

Definetly not happen that the value of bitcoin will turn to zero,because even now the prices  of bitcoin continue to dump,some of investor who panic selling because of ban implementation,will return back to investing bussiness because there government will overturned there testimony to not continue the banning implementation as long those  market exchanges will submitted there tax declaration.if bitcoin will turn to zero,many people will be affected  and more econnomy will going down,especially those in cryptocurrency business,but my faith is still intact that this  kind of prediction would not happen in the world of  digital currency.
Pages:
Jump to: