Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 31. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
In my opinion it will decrease the popularity because we all know that the price in Bitcoin is really matter to everyone.Bitcoin gives opportunity to those people without job so maybe if it is become stable price they will still get in touch in Bitcoin
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I think not, the thing that makes people dare to speculate is uncertainty, if the price tomorrow or next year is the same then people will not be interested in buying bitcoin, and they would rather save money to banks or other investments.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
If the bitcoin had stable price, I think bitcoin could not popular today and boring. I love bitcoin because the value is like a roller coaster ride. Many people think bitcoin as digital currency and today's the value is higher than i think before. So bitcoin made a history of this month, we hope that next month will pump more.
Yeah, it's very stressful to those who are always watching the price, after it has reach more than $11,000 now it's below $10,000
which caught up those who bought during the pump. Now, they will have to wait to break the ATH for them to sell, and if it will not happen
they might get frustrated and sell for a loss.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
I think if bitcoin has a stable price chances are people will not invest on bitcoin. the same as fiat money. which has a stable price. people will leave bitcoin for no profit. I think the price of fluctuating bitcoin becomes an opportunity for bitcoin users to get a big profit. therefore people prefer bitcoin rather than fiat money because the bitcoin price is unstable.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
If the bitcoin had stable price, I think bitcoin could not popular today and boring. I love bitcoin because the value is like a roller coaster ride. Many people think bitcoin as digital currency and today's the value is higher than i think before. So bitcoin made a history of this month, we hope that next month will pump more.

Agree, if it stable then it will be boring. Market should be interesting, and volatility is one of those interesting things. High volatility makes people able to against the time variable (read : shortened the time). Stable price identically with something calm and takes too long time to raise. If the value is worth it, then it's worth it you are buying (long) time for it. But, if there is the more worth it which takes shorter time why you have to wait longer.

And about Bitcoin's popularity I thing it's because its value in the most, and not about stable price.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
Activity: 353
https://luxantdigitalbank.com/
I don't think that btc would have been this popular if the price was stable.The btc market became famous due to its sudden growth as compared to any kinds of investment market.People normally tend to invest on something which help them increase their wealth in short period of time so is the reason the number of investors for btc is growing rapidly and its market value aswell.The market value for the btc is being so high due to the trust that was being build by the people within it.And i feel it will continue to grow.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

honestly, I dont think so sir. Having unstable price of Bitcoin makes it interesting for me and I think by many people that is why they are holding it. If bitcoin price became stable, I believe that many users will stop working with it and it will never patronize by many people in the cryptoworld.
First of all its not possible that bitcoin can stay on one place but if it happen so then I think bitcoin will lose its value in market and I think bitcoin is connected with market trade so some time its price will be high and sometime its price will be low because bitcoin is such a currency which always want to stay on the top because bitcoin is working here day and night and bitcoin don’t want to compromise on its price so I think bitcoin price can’t stay on one place.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
If or when bitcoin reaches a stable price in the market, without a doubt it will still be popular,
but not crazy popular that got people into a frenzy. It's the founding driving force in
cryptocurrency and whether it increases or decreases it's value, it will remain influential.
Activity: 12

Honestly, if the price was stable, it would be a mediocre cryptocurrency trade. Everything's going to be easily anticipated, the inflation and deflations create a challenging atmosphere for traders.
Activity: 384
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Of course. Could be bitckin increasingly popular because it has a stable price. And attract investors to invest in bitcoin. I believe that bitcoin will continue to be potentially and its popularity is increasing.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
Of course very boring and the trading industry can not be like this, the new thing that is decentralization is the main force of bitcoin, when the price is not sure will make us speculate buying a lot because it hopes prices will rise tomorrow, but if the price is stable then none of the users are interested.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
I think if bitcoin is stable then bitcoin fans will soon switch to another coin. we know for ourselves the number of bitcoin enthusiasts due to the fluctuating bitcoin price as we see now the price is always up and down but we note that although bitcoin prices are rising but the increase is very high rather than falling prices so it becomes the most important bitcoin excess in the appeal of other coins that gives big advantage to investors.
It purely depends upon the situation, because what if the bitcoin fixed price is already high? and still all investors and users are keep patronizing the bitcoin
then therefore bitcoin was still popular crypto currency. As for me the price stability of bitcoin in high level is a good sign so there is nothing to worry for its popularity.

Stability is not the nature of bitcoin, the price is volatile because people love to move the price so they can make money predicting it.
Bitcoin is currently on an uptrend situation now but expect there is will some downtrend soon and that is the time where we need to buy to get a cheap price.
Activity: 546
I think if bitcoin is stable then bitcoin fans will soon switch to another coin. we know for ourselves the number of bitcoin enthusiasts due to the fluctuating bitcoin price as we see now the price is always up and down but we note that although bitcoin prices are rising but the increase is very high rather than falling prices so it becomes the most important bitcoin excess in the appeal of other coins that gives big advantage to investors.
It purely depends upon the situation, because what if the bitcoin fixed price is already high? and still all investors and users are keep patronizing the bitcoin
then therefore bitcoin was still popular crypto currency. As for me the price stability of bitcoin in high level is a good sign so there is nothing to worry for its popularity.
Activity: 182
Merit: 147
The popularity of Bitcoin is dependent on the knowledge of people towards the platform. The more people who learns about Bitcoin, the more people are encouraged to actually try using, earning, and even investing Bitcoin. For me, the price is not a huge factor as knowledge when it comes to Bitcoin popularity. True, more people would be into it if it's prices are stable but then again how will they know about it if they don't have any idea what Bitcoin is about?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Stable or not, Bitcoin will always be popular.  First it is the first mover to the decentralized blockchain.  Second, with its userbase that does not include only traders, with the stability of Bitcoin price will welcome Bitcoin to its new community and much wider scope of usage.   This will cover a bigger audience and more interesting party will join to Bitcoin due to the merchants that are accepting Bitcoin in exchange of their goods.
Activity: 56
In my opinion, if bitcoin had a stable price it will not be popular. The investors will not be willing to invest into bitcoin. You will just waste your time to buy and sell bitcoin, just to make a profit. Some miner will stop mining bitcoin, because it’s hard to mine and the amount of money they earn is to deficit.
Activity: 476
If btc price was stable i don't think that it will gain this much popularity as of now and it will not even have this hike in its value.It would have vanished like the other investment form which came up and later vanished.People are more interested in btc as the percentage hike of btc is so high as compared to any form of investment and you won't have to wait for longer period of years to get profit out of the investment that is one of the main reason which gained popularity to btc.
Bitcoin don’t want to stay on one place because if you want to be a part of bitcoin so you will always want to see bitcoin price high because bitcoin is such a currency who want to be on the top of all currencies because since bitcoin is arrived from that time till know bitcoin have faced a lot of problems because and forks and in that kind of situation bitcoin still survive bitcoin actually don’t care about any fork and it will be go more high.
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

If before bitcoin was used to be a payment for pizza I rhink it will remain as is today if the value still the same, but due to the function of it people will demand for it , and the more the people will demand the more that producers will increase its value. My answer to your question is no, people will tend to create more useful things if bitcoin wasnt evolve.
Activity: 146
First, bitcoin become popular because of its properties being secured, decentralized etc. And also because of its dynamic price lots people are interested to know about it. Lastly, we're in a millenial period and technologies and devices are everywhere. So, I think it will still be popular but lesser than when it price is dynamic.
Pages:
Jump to: