Pages:
Author

Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next? - page 18. (Read 81889 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 250
December 22, 2018, 01:09:30 AM
ICO that fails will return the money to investors. It will be informed immediately and of course gradually and will need quite a long time. so perhaps investors should be able to be patient and wait for the process will be. But if no one notices or reversion is sure of it then, by all means, the project is a project was a scam.
Activity: 812
Merit: 120
https://combonetwork.io/
December 22, 2018, 01:09:30 AM
if you invest in the right ICO you don't need to worry because they will return your money, but if they really intend from the beginning to cheat people then your money will just disappear so be careful if investing in ICO, because not all they say it will come true.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
guestcrew.com
December 22, 2018, 01:04:25 AM
depending on the project also if they fail or don't reach the softcap stage the money will be returned, but it's different from the ico scam. this indication can make your pocket empty. because 99% of them will not refund your funds. so be careful because this is a high risk.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
December 22, 2018, 12:55:53 AM
If ICO fails, it is very disappointing, especially because we have invested. I have experience that the ICO project did not reach the Soft Cap until the end of the ICO and my investment money was returned. But there are only a few ICO projects like that. More projects do not return investment money. In looking for a project you must be selective and careful.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
December 21, 2018, 11:58:43 PM
Return your money? of course not. Ico failed, the sales target that was not achieved, the low price after listing, the product failed, that is the risk that you must bear if you join Ico. Then you must understand the clear rules regarding the funds that you will invest, usually written clearly in the white paper.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
December 21, 2018, 10:29:19 PM
From what I experienced, if the ICO fail's they will do everything they can to continue the project until they reach target on whitepaper. I never seen an ICO who returned the investors money because they fail. They will keep on pushing forward until you won't see any of them. In other words, it is a scam if that happens. Millions of dollars are going to their pockets without getting caught. Not sure if Karma is real anymore.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
December 21, 2018, 10:26:26 PM
What I usually know is if we invest in ICO. And the ICO failed, Usually the money we invest is returned to us. Different story with If the ICO was successful or failed and the ICO project did not return our money. Maybe that will happen ICO scam. And that actually often happens if we invest in the ICO without first analyzing the ICO.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 255
December 21, 2018, 09:27:04 PM
if ICO fails they will do refund but if the team is really real, if team in ico you follow has bad intentions then your money will never come back and you have to forget it
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 21, 2018, 09:26:32 PM
Yes they will give you a refund unless the project you invested is totally a scam.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
December 21, 2018, 09:09:37 PM
Nope, you lose your money.

This isn't like buying something at the store, and if you don't like it you can return it.
From the very beginning, investing in crypto has been very risky.
And inside the crypto world, ICOs are the riskiest of them all.
OR, at least didn't you do at least a little bit of research and find the 100s and 100s of articles talking about what makes it risky.

In the real world, 90% of startups fail within the first 2 to 3 years.
It's the same in crypto, the vast majority of icos fail.

In this market especially, the risk is even worse. Putting things in perspective, I would recommend just not doing ICOS.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
December 21, 2018, 09:03:05 PM
please if you wanna invest in any ICO try and ask all this information from the team before investing. Also from experience, I have discover that issue relating to this are sometime explained in whitepaper by some ICO. just visit the legal agreement section on the whitepaper to find information regarding this. I have read numerous whitepaper in which the team have already state that refund might not be possible.

No refunds will be done if ICO failed?

That would be unfair for the investors who are just trying to fund them when its the marketing's fault that they didn't' get the softcap for the project. If the team isn't refunding that would fall into a scam which they could be sued for it. But normally the team would refund though.
Actually I still think this to me is totally fair because it is has been stated and that is the main reason I always tell investors to read whitepaper and ask brainstorming question before investing in any ICO. In fact there are many ICO that I have seen that was categorically stated that there will be no refund and yet investors still complain of scam when the ICO doesnt make softcap. Elisia ICO was actually sold out during private sales.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
December 21, 2018, 12:32:44 PM
There are responsible founders of ICO and there are deceivers. Therefore, it is important to choose a very good project in which you want to invest. It is important that technical support works well - this is the key to a successful ISO. If such a project can not enter the exchange or collect an insufficient number of investments, they can return your money. But mostly return only part of your money.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 26
December 21, 2018, 12:30:15 PM
There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
I have seen many situations whereby team refunds funds contributed to the ICO's back to Investors. In some cases the funds might not be complete. Maybe they might just refund part of half of what investors put into the projects. But this days it is almost impossible because projects have Softcap and hardcap.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
December 21, 2018, 12:19:55 PM
Usually if an ICO is legit, the project will refund all the investors in the nearest future and thats it. At least the projects team decide to continue the developing and move on with the roadmap even with the lack of investments.
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
December 21, 2018, 11:32:59 AM
If the ICO fails, maybe they will refund your money or not. I think they will refund all money to investors instead of being a scammer. Be careful when you invest in a project. Consider whether the project team is real or not. If they are fake and the project fails, you will lose money.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
December 21, 2018, 11:26:25 AM
Actually there is no third party for complaint about any ICO.
According to the report there are 80% of icos are scam and 20% are legit and out of 20% only 13% Of icos able to raise fund for development. I think you should be only investing in those 13% ICOs so that will get good return.
But if unfortunately you encountered that such situation where ICOs fail than there is no solution for particular issue. It might possible that company refund your money.
- Indeed, all ico does not have a certain guarantee, every idea and development of the project belongs to an individual business, and this is an area outside the law, so no government or organization can help us when these projects fail or scam. Developers and companies of the project can always be a scammer at any time, and with such problems and risks, we consider and evaluate the factors surrounding a project and the developer is very important, it decides a lot of problems, if we choose a good developer and a company, even if they fail, our money can still return to full, with bad projects and developers, that would be the opposite
Activity: 378
December 21, 2018, 11:05:25 AM
There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Usually, if the project developers are honest people, then they return all the money to investors if the project has not collected Soft Cap.
However, there are a lot of scammers on the crypto market now. And if you doubt the project - it is better not to invest.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
December 21, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
please if you wanna invest in any ICO try and ask all this information from the team before investing. Also from experience, I have discover that issue relating to this are sometime explained in whitepaper by some ICO. just visit the legal agreement section on the whitepaper to find information regarding this. I have read numerous whitepaper in which the team have already state that refund might not be possible.

No refunds will be done if ICO failed?

That would be unfair for the investors who are just trying to fund them when its the marketing's fault that they didn't' get the softcap for the project. If the team isn't refunding that would fall into a scam which they could be sued for it. But normally the team would refund though.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
December 21, 2018, 10:58:26 AM
As far as I understand, a variant of the new process called STO is already being considered today, but there are correspondingly also very large holes in the system, so the most normal thing is to understand who we invest in.
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
December 21, 2018, 10:53:53 AM
Next step is mining fails, and its already happen.
Most of hardware not profitable today.
Pages:
Jump to: