Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 35. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Part of the profit of the coin would be fixed, the part left for a long time, because all the basic money is earned in the long run.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
If my coin increase to 200% overnight. I think that is the right chance for me to sell most of my token especially if I have a lot coins in hands. I'll exchange half of it and invest in other altcoins. Better take the opportunity.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
It is a green light to sell in an instant never be too greedy cause it can cost you a lot if you want to have everything sometimes a gain is a gain and let everything go.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
With a price increase of 200% i would sell, but only if i was sure that the price does not increase more.
After that i would wait and buy the coins maybe cheaper back and look forward to my profit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I usually put open orders at an attractive price for me, for the price that I is willing to sell their coins, so if the price will rise to my level,my order will trigger and I will be very happy and rich, but if the price exceeds my offer,then I will not upset by the fact that it was possible to sell more , for this you need to set yourself a limit which will be enough and to spare not have asked for more, do not be greedy ever!
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
There is practically no such growth of coins at the moment. There are many options to do in such cases, and each person has his own opinion on this matter. It all depends on what you expect from this coin, but in any case you need to sell some part, because this growth may not be anymore.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
That was enormous profit, as I could see, whenever you gain almost 200 percent value in just overnight, the most positive ways was to sell. most specially for alt coin/token where movement was very drastic. However, not in all alts may apply this ways. Still, there are many alts that worth to HODL.
Activity: 109
No matter how good the fundamentals of the coin are, if a coin goes more than 100% within 24 hours I absolutely sell them. A classic case of this has been Storm coin, it has already dipped about 50% from its ath after it went crazy just a couple of days ago.
Activity: 103
Well Holding is the great formula to have more profit in crypto market.But in that case, I would sell some portion of the coins and rest will be at holding. I would do it because there is no guarantee of market whether it will be increase more or not.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
This is a difficult question to answer because you do not give any context, if the coin in which I invested is a coin that I think has future and a recent development has happened that justifies that kind of growth I will probably keep holding my coins since this could be the beginning of a bull run for that coin, but if there is no justification for that movement then it is likely I will decide to sell my coins since that kind of growth could be the product of a pump and dump group.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
The best strategy is to sold coin and then, after correction, buy it at the dip if it is a good coin
Activity: 56
it depends on the coin itself in many ways, if the coin is very promising, then 200% is not the limit, it can and even more growth
Activity: 224
I would sell and bought a few days cheaper. always after pumping a fall occurs. this is the law of the market, exclusion was only in December 2017
Activity: 67
I also prefer to keep coins for a long time, but if the coin gives such growth, then it should certainly be sold, I do not see the point of keeping it even longer, it's better to sell and wait until the price drops and buy back
Activity: 126
I left the coins for a long time and look forward to a good growth, if the coin rises so much, then I will certainly sell it
Activity: 2
If my coin increases by 200% per night, then I will sell half.  If the coin increases by less than 100%, I will look at the number of coins in my portfolio.  Most likely a part of selling, but when there is a correction in the market, then again I will buy.
Activity: 660
Merit: 250
Great question. If that's the case then I will sell 70% of my profit and buy the next dip then buy another dip I will focus on 5 altcoins and eventually buy hodl other bitcoin.
Activity: 442
Merit: 11
such an increase can occur.  and if this happens then it makes sense to sell and do it quickly.  because the price can fall quickly.
Activity: 132
Well, yes, you always think that you can profitably sell and bribe on lower, only sell, everything flies to the top. I've done it a couple of times already. So now I just save up the coins and keep them until better times. I hope for a global wave of "C" in Elliott
Activity: 812
Merit: 287
if the coin has risen by 200% over night-I would have sold it..of course depends on the coin,but my first thought is to sell)maybe it's wrong
Pages:
Jump to: