Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 32. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
If that's the gain in just one day, there's no reason to hold more if you reach your target profit. Why still wait for a long time, if your profit is big enough. Many have lost their profits because of being greedy.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I think patience is golden, I will like to hold what I have till a favorable market increase.
Activity: 340
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
for me the more safest way is to sell it, especially if increase to 200%. you have an big profit for this. then after selling try to set an buy transaction in an lower price if you want to re invest with that coin. but some of a good project like that one will surely will be into the moon. better you must control your feelings holdings those coin and sell it with no regrets.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
If i have such an increase overnight, the next question i would ask myself is, "what am i waiting for?" I will not wait an extra second, i will proceed to sell on exchange.  Only a big risk taker will wait further.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I will sell it.
After such a rise, the price will necessarily be adjusted, then it will be possible to buy this coin again. But at the same time you will already be in profit.
Activity: 42
I would certainly sell most of these coins. After such a rise, the price will necessarily be adjusted, then it will be possible to buy this coin again. But at the same time you will already be in profit.
Activity: 47
What I would do is that I would definitely sell them for a profit. Then once it dips again then I will try to buy the same amount of these coins. Then once the price rises again then I will sell. Very basics of trade, buy low sell high. That's it!
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
It is a great opening for the investment to go beyond 200 percent of its profit. If this comes true, then for me, I will convert it to usdt the profit I gained in the rise. I use to convert it to usdt because if its a direct pump, there is a big possibilities that it would certainly go dip again. So its better to have a contingency plan.
Activity: 882
Merit: 101
In this situation, I would sell part of about 50-60%. After such an increase in the price there is always a decline therefore it is better to fix a part of the profit.
Activity: 79
 I dumped my Dentacoin when it rise up to 60%. I'm already waiting for its price to drop again and will start buying them back. Most of the time I get my tokens back and multiplied it and sometimes I lose too. Nothing to lose as its going to be BTC that matters to me.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

It's not wise to hold all coins all the time. It's necessary to monitor the market. Even on the bad days, some coins show the high growth, and you can sell them. Or in accord with the news, there will be a strong drawdown, so you can sell coins and repurchase them at a lower price. Have your finger on the pulse and it will be all right!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
Had this experienced before when my altcoin  reach 1000% within 2 days . I was too greedy, I did not sell,  thinking it will go  much higher. It was stupid mistake, I should sell  that time because you can buy back your altcoins at a lower price.

It was a very bad mistake. When one of your altcoins increases up to 1000%, there is no other way to choose than to sell. It's a very rare occasion and you probably will not see it again soon or later.
Activity: 126
will sell and go to vegas!
Activity: 364
jarvis.exchange
Had this experienced before when my altcoin  reach 1000% within 2 days . I was too greedy, I did not sell,  thinking it will go  much higher. It was stupid mistake, I should sell  that time because you can buy back your altcoins at a lower price.
Activity: 452
When I see that the coin rises in price to 40-50%, I sell some of my stocks, and I keep some until the moment when the rate starts to fall. Nevertheless, if the price goes to the mark of 25 percent, I consider this a good opportunity for sale.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
I will directly sell it without any doubts! I already did this mistake in the past of HODLing a certain coin through all the crazy ups and downs and suddenly I realized that I missed all the great chances to either sell everything and never look back or sell high and rebuy back lower so I know that I'm playing with free coins. Every mistake is a lesson waiting to be learned so I have 0 regrets and now I know for sure what I'm going to do if a certain coin that I'm holding goes 40% or more in a short period of time.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
Looking back at today's red market, I come to the conclusion that if the coin has increased by 200 percent, then it is better to sell it. It is more useful for your wallet and your nerves.
copper member
Activity: 322
I have 2 options first is I will sell 40 % of my coins ar that increase. Rest I will hold.
Another is I will sell all and buy again when price get down. Here we need to consider other things as well .
Activity: 504
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

I sell immediately. I don't want to hold for a long time even though I know the price will rise eventually. But I won't sell everthing I have and instead I would wait and sell the remaining. The next thing I will do is buy some alt coins with the money I made.
Activity: 210
Here everything is obvious because if x10 increases, then everyone sells because this is not a bad way out for income in decent money. Therefore x10 and x20 this is an occasion to sell and not to think.
Pages:
Jump to: