Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 31. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
investing and holding for the long term is a plan, that's what I do. but if in a short time has given a big profit, I will sell it. then wait for the price back dump. because in essence is we get a profit from investment and trade. so don't wait for a long time, if in a short time has given a big profit.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
60% of people will sell after more than double the increase. This is the law of the game, so there are very few people who can really make a fortune because you can't face fear.
Activity: 71
I think it's good you sell part only. Then the rest of the coins you hodl, because chances are it will still go up even higher. When later the price drop coins, then the result of sell above you can use to buy the coins if you want.
Activity: 309
Merit: 100
In terms of positions, I would have fixed a profit. And the remaining part was left for the long term. The most money earn to those who wait.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
I'd likely offer it directly after I see it. I will never again look for greater benefit in light of the fact that there's no confirmation that it will additionally increment. It is a useful choice to do. When you will as of now win benefit, it would as of now be a comment appreciative and there's a propensity that needing for more would result to misfortune because of missed opportunity.
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

There is a time to sell and  a time to hold as long as you made a profit from the coins you are holding, it's ok to sell a portion of the coin you are holding, there's a time that the coin losses its value instead of increasing you'll know it if you continue to follow the pricer of the coin you are holding.
Activity: 224
With a 40% increase I would probably hold, but the thing is that no matter how much it goes up, you´d need to know if there is still even more potential.
Activity: 89

I would sell progressively. Firstly I would sell 50% and then asses what the coin is doing in 1 weeks time. If the price continued to rise I would sell all except for the last 10% and hold the remainder indefinately.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
It depends on market condition to hold our huge profitable coins or sell because if market trend is bullish so chances are high to pump that coin again much higher level so I will sell 50% coins and hold other for bigger profit and if market sentiment is bearish like current trend I will sell all coins and book profits.
Activity: 140
if you have a large amount of tokens then my advice is to sell some percentage of it  and hold the rest for long term. By that way you will not have to regret. Because we don't know what will happen in next day. Crypto market is a market with that much uncertainty.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
Well, in spite of that coin , if the slag is then immediately sell if from the top , the part would be sold and the other part would keep on
Activity: 98
If it hitted 200% over night I would take some profits. At least 25%. If you really believe in the future of this coin then you should just hold it. If you expect that the value will rise, do not sell it. But it is always good to take some profits. Some dips starting and taking longer than expected.

It's never smart to just hold the coin forever because eventually the dip will come and you'll lose money. In the end I mean what is the point in holding forever, isn't your goal to sell and make profit?
Activity: 82
If it hitted 200% over night I would take some profits. At least 25%. If you really believe in the future of this coin then you should just hold it. If you expect that the value will rise, do not sell it. But it is always good to take some profits. Some dips starting and taking longer than expected.
Activity: 57
If i plan to hodl this coin for a long time, then i wouldn't do anything, because i believe that it can achieve much more soon.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
100% of the profit I would fix and the rest of the money I would trade or invest in reliable coins  Grin
Activity: 98

I would do what I always do, sell 50% and keep the other 50%. If the price still climbs then I wait a little more and sell the 1/2 of that 50% etc. If it starts to fall I hold it until it reaches my initial investment price or just hold it if I think that that coin is going to rise again. Never hold or sell everything, you'll regret it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
I'd probably sell it right after I see it. I will no longer seek for bigger profit because there's no assurance that it will further increase. It is a practical decision to do. Once you will already earn profit, it would already be something to be thankful and there's a tendency that wanting for more would result to loss due to missed opportunity.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
if you invest in a coin and wake up to find the value of the coin has increased, the best thing to do is to sell of the capital and consider keeping the profit if you further wish the coin will still appreciate. from my experience, i have always seen coins increase and still drop in price.
Activity: 129
International Digital Asset Platform
If the coin has grown in price by more than 50% in a short time, it is better to sell it. There is a high probability of correction.
Activity: 182
Of course I'll sell that coin! One time I did and I'm very sorry! One style of increased by 1500% over the last month, but I'm not sold and it fell down very quickly!
Pages:
Jump to: